Wheelersburg at Waverly January 16

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: Wheelersburg at Waverly January 16

Post by smurray »

Can't see Burg holding the Tigers to 43 points but we shall see. The only team to hold them to that kind of total was Oak Hill. The lowest point total with the exception of the Oak Hill game was 60 against Piketon. Waverly has improved allot since December 19 (Oak Hill).

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

beaverlover wrote:I'll take Burg by 6........49-43.

Beaverlover obviously you're not a Waverlylover have you picked them to win yet?

MoonTang
Waterboy

Post by MoonTang »

Look at burg's offensive scoring...very low average per game at 50-, too low to combat Tigers offense at +60 ppg. Looks like a +15 point swing for the Tigers.
Waverly's D is holding in mid 50's when they win. Burg's D is holding at 45.
Too many Tigers for burg to match at nearly four in double-figures each game.

Don't like to make predictions....calculated statistics estimate a 60-50 win for the Tigers at home, tomorrow.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

It would be a huge mistake to underestimate the defensive ability of Wheelersburg. They've played 9 games against some very good competition (Ironton, Portsmouth, Oak Hill, etc) and the most they have given up is 58 points. They held 2 teams in the 20's and 3 more in the 40's. We'll see defensive pressure similar to what we saw against Oak Hill. It should be clear Waverly is the underdog and will need their best performance of the season to be in this game.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

soccerfix wrote:
beaverlover wrote:I'll take Burg by 6........49-43.

Beaverlover obviously you're not a Waverlylover have you picked them to win yet?

soccerfix:I have no problem with Waverly.....I actually rooted for the Tigers when I went to watch them play Oak Hill and also pulled them against Piketon....I love watching Kretzer play,he is unbelievable for a Freshmen,also Roback is all out hustle every play,Martin is a good player,and Lundin in the middle is a solid player........If you go back and look at some of my posts you will see I have no problem with Waverly......I actually picked them to win the Holiday tourney.......As an Eastern fan,I was probably most impressed this year with the way we played against your Tigers(maybe the best team we've played).....As for my prediction in this game......I've seen Burg twice and Waverly 3 times and Burg plays just as good of defense as Oak Hill and I think Lundin will have to stay out of foul trouble or Stegman will go off and score at will.......Once again I have no problem with Waverly and don't know how you got that impression.....if you go back and look at my posts you will see.Good luck tommorow against Burg.......but I'm sticking to my predictin of a 49-43 Burg win.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

BURGs defense and 3 point shooting will win this for them...if they start nailing threes with consistancy like they have when i have seen them play

72Xcurl
Freshman Team

Post by 72Xcurl »

No school in Waverly Friday.... Hope we still play

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

No school at Burg either, inservice day. Most Scioto county schools are having a wavier day. See everyone at the game Friday night.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

burg knows how to win. i will take burg in close one.

OakHillOaks
Freshman Team

Post by OakHillOaks »

I will take Burg by around 8

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

As of right now game is still on.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

The Riepo Man wrote:BURGs defense and 3 point shooting will win this for them...if they start nailing threes with consistancy like they have when i have seen them play

Wheelersburg isn't a great shooting team by any means. So I don't see there 3 piont shooting taking them to a victory. The only way Wheelersburg stays in this game is if Stegman gets his regular 20+ points he's been averaging and stays out of foul trouble and the kicker is if a couple of other players step up and score some points. If that doesn't happen this could get as ugly as it did up at oak hill

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Waverly matches up with Wheelersburg very well in my opinion. If Lundin can stay out of foul trouble, I believe they will win this game. Stegman will have to play well for Wheelersburg to win. Also, Waverly has two go to scorers with Kretzer and Martin. Should be a dandy game to watch either way. Good luck to both teams.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

bleed_blue2324 wrote:
The Riepo Man wrote:BURGs defense and 3 point shooting will win this for them...if they start nailing threes with consistancy like they have when i have seen them play

Wheelersburg isn't a great shooting team by any means. So I don't see there 3 piont shooting taking them to a victory. The only way Wheelersburg stays in this game is if Stegman gets his regular 20+ points he's been averaging and stays out of foul trouble and the kicker is if a couple of other players step up and score some points. If that doesn't happen this could get as ugly as it did up at oak hill

Burg beat Ironton because of their 3 point shooting along with Stegmans post play. All three games I have seen them play in they have nailed plenty of threes.

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Wheelersburg wins this one regardless of the # of 3s they make thanks to there defense and the great coaching of Tommy B.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Can someone send me a Waverlyvarsity roster? Name and number is all I need.

Tigersports
Waterboy

Post by Tigersports »

Game is on tripleheader is the word starts @ 5

12 R Remy
3 D Roback
15 J Kretzer
25 H Martin
10 V Lundin

2 D Kelly
5 I Blanford
30 R Robertson
?? Tackett

The Riepo Man
All Conference

Post by The Riepo Man »

Darn I wont be able to make it back in time for the first couple of games....hope that gym is nice and warm...Im freezin my nay-nays off up here in columbus

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Will this work?

Devin Kelly #2
Derek Roback #3
Isaac Blanford #5
Victor Lundin #10
Rheadon Remy #12
Jake Kretzer #15
Phillip Tackett #22