VC @ ALEXANDER

Eaglepapaw
S

Re: VC @ ALEXANDER

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Larry Dallas wrote:Don't worry Spartans, help is on the way. My son will be enrolling on Monday. I hope Coach Gabriel gives him a chance to make the team.

You mean your leaving the "Northwestern" of the TVC and going to the Ohio State or Iowa?. You say the TVC is so bad but choose to transfer him to another TVC school.I wish the kid all the luck at Alex and Athens is probably sorry to lose you as a fan and I'm sure that Alex will be glad to have you.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Larry Dallas wrote:Don't worry Spartans, help is on the way. My son will be enrolling on Monday. I hope Coach Gabriel gives him a chance to make the team.

I adressed this in your post on the Athens- NY thread. Do you think the people of Alexander will trust your loyalty, especially if they go back on one of the Athens threads and read the name you refered to them as?

Buckeye Boy
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Boy »

Great win for Coach Combs. I also heard that Coach Combs schooled Coach Gabriel last night. He has built a great program.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... congratulations to the Vikings of Coach Combs with the road win last night ... the BEST TEAM on the floor last night WAS VC ... I've seen the Vikings 3 times now each time the word that I keep jotting down on my napkin is "execution" - the Vikes may NOT be as talented as VC teams of the past - talented isn't a good word - more the Vikes may not be as "flashy" as VC teams of the past BUT this years players KNOW their roles, they execute as well as anyone I have watched this season ... Andy Grillo may not be the best PG in Southern/Southeastern Ohio this season BUT you would be hard pressed to find a coach that wouldn't want this "general" on floor for them ... he "controls" the game from his pg position/he creates, dictates the tempo of the game - you can't ask for more from any pg ... knows the game, knows the position, knows what has to be done by him to "make" his team be on top when the final buzzer sounds ... Grillo IS a WINNER ...

... try these napkin stats on for size - VC has 29 straight league wins ... Coach Combs has guided the Viking program to a record 60 wins out of their 65 games in the regular season ... twist it, turn it upside down, turn it inside out THAT is a program that takes a back seat to no one ... our hat goes off to the Vinton County "program", Coach Combs, his staff AND in Vinton County you have to throw in the fact that ALL of the success begins when these athletes participate in the VC biddy ball programs - hats off to those coaches at that level as well ...

...now - last nights' "W" was but one win albeit a big one, away from home, reality is now EVERYONE knows the big dog in the league is still VC - VC with a target on their back ... Belpre takes aim this Tuesday night ... continued luck to VC down Rt. 93 ...

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

I'm here to eat my words and give credit to VC on the big win. Didn't get a chance to make it to the game but listened to it. Started out the way i thought it would and then Alexander went cold for the remainder of the half and then played into the Vikings hands the rest of the contest. Nice win for VC...Alex needs to regroup. Take out some frustrations on Athens.

CATalyst
Freshman Team

Post by CATalyst »

freakintheseat wrote:CAT and Elaine,

STOP MOCKING ME!!! :aaaaa35

Freak... but I like broccoli... gimme some! :aaaaa63

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Where are all of the people who handed this game to alex...(Alex by 15)...(Alex by 22)...(Alex by how many ever they want)????????????
Have you all forgoten that this thread is still on here or are you all just to afraid to face the fact that Vinton County simply out played Alexander...

Vinton County is clearly the better team :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

Hats off to Vinton County...Good win.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

HaterAid - That would be called "Crickets" as that is all that you hear once the Spartans lose a game. Check out the girl's forum to find out how quickly they disappear when they lose a game. I'll leave it at that........

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

HaterAid wrote:Where are all of the people who handed this game to alex...(Alex by 15)...(Alex by 22)...(Alex by how many ever they want)????????????
Have you all forgoten that this thread is still on here or are you all just to afraid to face the fact that Vinton County simply out played Alexander...

Vinton County is clearly the better team :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245 :122245

Yes, VC won but I got that feeling that Combs will have a few of those boys practicing on free throws. That game should have been over with about 3 minutes to go.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Vinton County was 14 of 24 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter. That is ten missed freebies, however, the stat that is telling is that Vinton County was 21 of 32 for the game, that is eleven missed freebies FOR THE GAME. Ten of those eleven WERE MISSED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, :shock:

I believe that credit should be given to the game atmosphere, the open back drop and Section 8.

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

Congratulations to Coach Combs and VC. Coach Combs year in and year out knows how to coach fundamental basketball. Basketball is more than run and gun, it is about fundamentals. What I find funny is how towards the end of a game when a coach doesn't have a clue what to do he starts blaming the refs! Anyone else notice this? Alexander got out coached and shots just didn't fall, simple as that. Coach Combs is probably one of the, if not the, best basketball coach to teach fundamentals in this area. I'll also put Joe Butcher in that class and Howie! These guys know how to make adjustments and that is harder than people may think. Shots did not fall but that won't happen every night! These things will happen, take them and learn.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

Hayman wrote:This is Alexanders game to win or lose by how many they want. They are playing that good. Look for spartans to win by 20.

What happened to the band? Need to get the spartan band there friday nite.

I agree maybe they can find a coach in the band because like I said before Coach Combs Owns You Alexander {Repeat Owns You}. Alexander kids played very hard went cold in the second and third maybe because of the great defense but a very good game when will you people understand Vinton County has the best coach in the T.V.C.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Maybe Flash ,but he still cant golf a lick . Almost as bad as you! :lol:

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I'll eat some crow here, I took the home dog in a close one. LOSER!!!! I never thought it would be a blow out either way. I thought the Spartens up tempo would be the difference. Nice win for Combs and the Vikes. Still on top of the TVC and still knockin em down.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

boilermaker wrote:Maybe Flash ,but he still cant golf a lick . Almost as bad as you! :lol:

Boilermaker, not as bad as me maybe we can get a game of golf with Combs and that clipboard carrier Jeff Miller.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Look forward to it Flash, I have the itch BAD!!!!!Tell them boys not to be intemidated ill give them strokes. :lol:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

FLASH-G and Boilermaker,

When does Franklin Valley have senior-citizen's day? :lol:

Only kidding, ;-)

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Ted ,everyday for Flash. He uses his Golden Buckeye card for the discount :razz:

Ted Striker
Freshman Team

Post by Ted Striker »

I figured. He refuses to golf anywhere else!

Return to “Boys Basketball”