Who is the best three-point shooter in the OVC?

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Who is the best three-point shooter in the OVC?

Post by O.V.C '11 »

what do you think?

bucksfan76
JV Team

Re: Who is the best three-point shooter in the OVC?

Post by bucksfan76 »

I would say copley from chesapeake is the best.Kratz from South Point is a good shooter as well

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

I also think Copley is the best. Kratzenburg is good too, but I think another guy that should be mentioned in there is Kevin Davis, a Senior from South Point. He does not get much playing time, but if he comes off of a screen and gets just a second open he will pull the three and make it 90% of the time from what I have heard. I watched him at the Rock Hill game and he was 4/6 from 3 I believe? If he would get more playing time he would be mentioned more in this.

bucksfan76
JV Team

Post by bucksfan76 »

O.V.C '11 wrote:I also think Copley is the best. Kratzenburg is good too, but I think another guy that should be mentioned in there is Kevin Davis, a Senior from South Point. He does not get much playing time, but if he comes off of a screen and gets just a second open he will pull the three and make it 90% of the time from what I have heard. I watched him at the Rock Hill game and he was 4/6 from 3 I believe? If he would get more playing time he would be mentioned more in this.

i agree 100% Kevin Davis is deadly from 3 but does not play much so he does get to show his skills.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Kevin most of got his sweet shot from his mom. I would say that Webb right now is the best shooter in the OVC and maybe S.E. Ohio.

SportsMom
Freshman Team

Post by SportsMom »

some boys from CG: Sparks------Damron---they have a nice 3point shot!!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Gotta be Webb,also Copley is a good shooter.

panthersnaps
Waterboy

Post by panthersnaps »

The peakes Kyle Webb. He has been on fire all season.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

webb from peake is a good one.
ward hatfield fisher and berry are good ones too.

repairman
Waterboy

Post by repairman »

I would have to go with Webb for Chesapeake.

And Jordan for Fairland, is leading his team in three point shots made this year. Just needs to shoot more when he has the chance.

peake450
Freshman Team

Post by peake450 »

Webb is the best 3 shooter and probably the best player in the OVC also, with Hatfield a close second.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

webb is a shooter. not an all around player.
hatfield is the best all around player in the league.
he scores, creates scoring for other players and rebounds very well.
all of the peake ppl were saying copley was the best player in the ovc?
now your switching to webb whats up with that??

highlightreel25
Freshman Team

Post by highlightreel25 »

I agree with saying hatfield is the best all around player in the OVC....webb from the peake is a good shooter but with hatfield you do get ur share of turnovers...sry man i love ya but you do get nice crisp passes that no one is expecting (sometimes our own players...lol)....he takes over and becomes the leader when it is time and he does rebound really well..he is a tough player in any sport that he plays and very well at playin the game..

Kersey

O.V.C '11
Riding the Bench

Post by O.V.C '11 »

highlightreel25 wrote:I agree with saying hatfield is the best all around player in the OVC....

I agree that Hatfield is a good all around player but I do NOT agree when you say he is the best all around player in the OVC. IMO I think it is a 3-way tie for the best player in the OVC. I say Cole Hatfield from fairland, and Chase Kratzenburg and Drew Lynd from South Point. Kratzenburg and Lynd are two team captains that step up when it is needed, Hatfield does as well.

Drew Lynd is a big man that can also play SF instead of PF if it is needed. He is also a good defensive player as well. He steps up and does what it takes to help out the Pointers.

Chase Kratzenburg, he can bring the ball up the court and make plays when their needed. He can dish it away or pull the shot. When the game is close he takes it in his hands and does what it takes to get his team the lead.

Cole Hatfield is the same way as Kratzenburg. When South Point was up on Fairland, Hatfield took the ball and put the game in his hands and did what it took to make a comeback for Fairland showing great leadership.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

i havent seen the lynd kid play.
but i dont agree with you wehn you say kratzenburg is as good of a player as hatfield.
yes he is a good shooter but he cant take over a game if he needed to. hes more of a catch n shoot player. he had a great first quarter against fairland but after that he was shut down he was just coming off screens and getting open looks but fairland adjusted and he only had like 7 points the rest of the game hes not good at creating his own shot.

primetime20
Riding the Bench

Post by primetime20 »

Kratz and Hatfield are both good players...as for the game SP vs Fairland, Kratz was never shut down as far as i seen...he had a game high 25 points, and actually scored 12 points after the big 1st quarter play...if im not mistakin he had five 3-pointers, and the rest were from getting to the basket

Hatfield had a great 4th quarter, but to me he just seemed to force too many shots, which isnt exactly "creating your own shot"

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

i didnt see kratz get to the basket at all.
and anytime fairland pressed sp they wouldnt get past half court and would have to call a time out.
and the press doesnt work at all on fairland.
bloomfield is to quick to press and doesnt turn the ball over.

FanOfTheGame2004
Waterboy

Post by FanOfTheGame2004 »

The best three-point shooter in the OVC is Kyle Webb from the Panthers. He can spot up and shoot, shoot off the dribble for three, and also can find many ways to get open to shoot.

Hatfield can hit the three occasionally.

Copley can knock the three down.

And Kratzenburg is a good spot up shooter.

jl724
JV Team

Post by jl724 »

i agree webb is the best shooter in the ovc.
but hatfield is the best player.
he can take any game over when he needs too.
and bloomfield is the best ball handler in the league. he can get to the basket anytime he wants and he jumps so high its almost impossible to block him.

Return to “Boys Basketball”