Tri-Valley Conference

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Tri-Valley Conference

Post by 93Bulldog »

A topic for anything to be discussed in-and-around the TVC ... Ohio or Hocking Divisions.

[*] The TVC web site has pretty much been turned over to basketball season ... Home page: http://trivalleyconference.com/

[*] I've also added a 'road to the Convo' page that tracks records of the three sectionals which TVC teams are in ... Sectional records: http://trivalleyconference.com/Schedules.html

[*] Doing a certain type of leaderboard is almost impossible, but I will try and keep a 'top performers' list going all season ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Leaderboards.html

[*] I appreciate any photos sent to me and will use as many as I can throughout the web site; but I also have a 'photos page' ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Blogs.html

ANY PHOTOS CAN BE SENT TO ME AT trivalleyconference@yahoo.com

I ALSO HAVE A TRI-VALLEY CONFERENCE FACEBOOK PAGE THAT I CREATED DURING FOOTBALL SEASON - FEEL FREE TO POST ANYTHING OR ADD ANY PHOTOS THAT YOU WISH: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tvcohio

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AGAIN, FEEL FREE TO POST ANYTHING ABOUT THE TVC ... I WILL KEEP THE TOPIC AS A 'STICKY' SO WE CAN POST SCORES THROUGHOUT THE SEASON.

Lightle04
SE

Re: Tri-Valley Conference

Post by Lightle04 »

Saw Eastern Megs and Trimble at Vinton County today. It's early but Trimble looked a little shaky.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

What about Eastern lightle04? Breaking in a new coach, with a whole bunch of players to replace from last season, how did the Eagles look?

And who plays alongside Remy at Vinton? I mean, they lose Ward, Lawhead, Wiseman ... Who do the Vikes have that has everyone picking them to win the league?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I'm not familiar with all the kids I do know the Remy kid though . To be honest Western split with Eastern but I don't know if they were playing there first team or a mix Western mixed what I would assume to be starters with some subs every quarter . And Vinton County beat us by 2 twice but once again I'm not sure if it was all there starters or a mix. Western is comeing off a terrible year and playing some younger kids (freshmen) and a few seniors that have never played. But we more than held our own and even won our fair share. To me though of the 3 tbc teams Eastern then Vinton and then Trimble . Vinton is really hurting in the post.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog ... I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Caldwell brings to the table with his Federal Hocking Lancers ... will see them vs the Logan Purple Friday morning for a couple of hours of action here in Logan before heading for Athens for the Shriners Preview ... Wellston will have a nice team this year ... looking forward to Friday late afternoons match-ups in the TVC ... 14 teams, one evening => Priceless ...

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I was very impressed with the Western team today played alot of young kids the future is very bright or the Indians. Eastern won 4 out of there 6 quarters. They looked OK nothing special there kids played hard defensively. Of there lucky they could get into the middle of the pack

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:... 93dog ... I'm looking forward to seeing what Coach Caldwell brings to the table with his Federal Hocking Lancers ... will see them vs the Logan Purple Friday morning for a couple of hours of action here in Logan before heading for Athens for the Shriners Preview ... Wellston will have a nice team this year ... looking forward to Friday late afternoons match-ups in the TVC ... 14 teams, one evening => Priceless ...

Floyd ... Don't burn yourself out too quickly man; we havn't even begun the long road to the Convo yet ... :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... just got back from watching Coach Howie's Fed Hock Lancers in a scrimmage with my Purple Chieftains here in Logan - Howie has some BIGS! ... as usual Coach Caldwell coached the heck out of the scrimmage, time outs, coachable moments, worked the refs, threw the hat once - did all of the things those of us in Southeast Ohio have come to expect from Coach Caldwell ...

Coach has his work cut out for him for sure ... the key word for today/the rest of the season is DISCIPLINE ... being disciplined at both ends of the floor ... Fed Hock has SIZE everywhere - not just height/wing span but good bulk as well ... I initially jotted down "no perimeter scoring" BUT the Lancers DO have a couple of scorers from behind the arc to go with the BIGS inside ... the BIGS will have to work on developing "hands" - catching the ball/being strong with the ball down low/keeping it up HIGH down low/fighting the urge to put the ball on the floor down low ... Howie has the boyz working hard at both ends of the floor ...recognizing where they ARE on the floor, where they should BE on the floor ... Howie needs a floor leader, a PG who can handle pressure, make the right decisions on the floor with the ball ... Federal Hocking will be one of those team that will improve BIG TIME over the course of the season under the teaching/coaching of Coach Caldwell ...

Logan's juniors are getting better and better with each outing ... saw BIG improvement in Pat Klinger - looks to be adjusting to the speed/strength needed to play at the varsity level, showed he could put the ball on the floor, get to the rim and finish ... PK is earning himself some PT in the preseason ... Ronnie Webb continues to impress! getting position in the paint, making great interior feeds, staying under control, AND let's add to his arsenal the 3 ball - RW hit a couple of treys, one of the half court variety at the end of the quarter ... RW could have disappeared with the junior talent coming in this season BUT Webb is earning playing time showing what varsity experience can do along with his quality minutes on the court ... Gavin Jourdan stepped up his perimeter shooting today, along with Nik Wotring - hitting 4 or 5 three balls <= Nik had his best scrimmage of the preseason today vs Fed Hock ...
continues to improve on the inside with PT on the court ...Logan's depth gets better and better with every scrimmage ... Logan IF they can show discipline on the offensive end WILL be looking to make the upper tier of teams in the SEOAL earn their spots at the top ...

... scores from today's scrimmage (started out as half court, both teams going offense/then defense) ... before going fullcourt normal scrimmage WITH REFS ...

Federal Hocking 6
Logan 19

Logan 13
Federal Hocking 6

Logan 22
Federal Hocking 12

Logan 13
Federal Hocking 11

... missed the last game of the scrimmage ...

Howie has his boyz going nonstop at both ends of the floor, bringing discipline/knowledge of the game/hustle/a do it my way or not at all attitude to the TEAM hmmmmmm seems like THOSE ARE THE QUALITIES Coach Caldwell expects out of his players no matter where he is coaching ... Coach Caldwell = teacher/coach ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Excellent run-down Floyd ... Thx.

Hope you catch your breath and get down to A-town for the 3:00 game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

SCORES FROM THE FRIDAY NIGHT PREVIEW AT ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

I'll be adding some stats here soon.

WGR13
Waterboy

Post by WGR13 »

in the preview the two most impressive teams i thought were Wellston and Nelsonville.
Alexander: Jones played well but the rest of the team needs to step up if they have a shot at the tvc or they will be at the bottom of the tvc
Athens: looked a little slow the two freshmen #30 and #40 carried the team, at times athens may have trouble scoring
Meigs: Smith was dominating, it seemed anytime he wanted to score he did. if you shut him down you shut the team down
Nelsonville: Kline: can score about anywhere on the court at any time. Cox: good shooter can handle pressure well those two are nelsonvilles two best players but they also have some other key players that play hard they have size and are probably the most talented team them or Wellston.
Wellston: all 5 starters returing.the first 5 is the best in the tvc but they dont have a very good bench. a team that went 11-11 last year and only losing one player should be pretty good but they need there bench to step up. they have some players like Richards and Brown who will have to contribute. in the back court wellston has the best back court in the tvc Austin Craig very good at handling pressure and can get to the rim well at times. Dakota Brown is a very good defensive player at times can shoot and always hustles. Blake Warrington is a very good shooter and will knock down lots of shots. Nigel Courts is very good at finishing around the rim and getting rebounds and is also a really good scorer. Justus Ousley is great at blocking shots sometimes gets in foul trouble but if you keep him on the court he will be a dominate defensive player standing at 6'6.
Vinton County: has a solid team good defensive team but takes questionable shots at times. Chesser is a very good shooter and Lb Remy is a good scorer but takes some difficult shots the Jordan has came back to vinton this year and was the vikings leading scorer in the preview they should have a very solid team this year.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE TVC TEAMS!

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Belpre could very well be a factor in the TVC Hocking this year. I think they will finsh no worse than 3rd. This is a team that will improve with each game.

Good luck and good health to all the teams this year.

LETS GO EAGLES!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thx Mister B

Almost all of the rosters are on each team page now if anyone needs them.

OSU22
Varsity

Post by OSU22 »

I believe if NY can get their post scoring more they can be the spoiler. Need some help for Casey cox! 31 pts vs. New lex

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I think this will be the most competitive years we've seen out of both leagues

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks for keeping this site up to date! Many of us appreicate your efforts!

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Eastern 49
Alexander 39

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PHOTOS FROM NELSONVILLE-YORK vs AMANDA ...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/tvcohio

midgetssuck
Waterboy

Post by midgetssuck »

miller will be better than people think or have come to expect. the kids that were seldom beat in junior high are now in high school mixed with some older players. might be a team to watch

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93dog... I like the addition of the leagues/teams in those leagues Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... I ran off the division breakdowns for the teams Below the Lines (taken from their sectional sites) ... again league affiliation/division 1,2,3,4 are great pieces of info to be armed with as we look at the teams in Southern/Southeastern Ohio this Winter ...

... thanks 'dog!

Return to “Boys Basketball”