Freshman Team

Re: Top Players around

Post by Lovebball42 »

What grade is he in?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Not really sure how this turned from a "Toy Players Around" thread to an Athens thread.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Not really sure how this turned from a "Toy Players Around" thread to an Athens thread.
What are you talking about? I see lots of posts on different players.

chillax
Waterboy

Post by chillax »

Lovebball42 wrote:What grade is he in?
Junior

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Raider6309 wrote:Griffin Lutz 6'1 Senior Athens
Isaiah Butcher 6'3 freshman Athens

A Freshman Top Player Around when he has never been in a High School game yet??

Just cause they dominate in 8th grade or aau doesn't mean anything.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

tvc_fan wrote:

A Freshman Top Player Around when he has never been in a High School game yet??

Harambe
Riding the Bench

Post by Harambe »

There are a few special players in the SOC, especially in a senior heavy SOC1. A few names to mention in no particular order would be Akia Brown, Cameron King, Trevon Turner, and Ethan Leist. I am sure I am missing a few other top players but these guys stick out. I could see Akia Brown winning the District POY. I look forward to seeing these guys play this year as well as the other stand out players that allow themselves to get out of their element and be mentioned with the top players of the SOC.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

Harambe wrote:There are a few special players in the SOC, especially in a senior heavy SOC1. A few names to mention in no particular order would be Akia Brown, Cameron King, Trevon Turner, and Ethan Leist. I am sure I am missing a few other top players but these guys stick out. I could see Akia Brown winning the District POY. I look forward to seeing these guys play this year as well as the other stand out players that allow themselves to get out of their element and be mentioned with the top players of the SOC.
Excellent screen name.

ROLL PEAKE
Vc123
Waterboy

Post by Vc123 »

Tristan Bartoe and Derick Jones from Vinton County.Lutz from Athens.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

bbjunky81 wrote:Zimmerman at South Webster already has 1100 points.

Shiloah Blevins, 6'4" sophomore of South Webster. Behind Tanner Holden (who is ranked as one of the best sophomores in the state), he's the next best sophomore in the SOC. Very long, athletic, and talented young man.
Talking about sophomores in the SOC II you have to mention Cameron Dalton of Minford.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

BigBlueNation wrote:
bbjunky81 wrote:Zimmerman at South Webster already has 1100 points.

Shiloah Blevins, 6'4" sophomore of South Webster. Behind Tanner Holden (who is ranked as one of the best sophomores in the state), he's the next best sophomore in the SOC. Very long, athletic, and talented young man.
Talking about sophomores in the SOC II you have to mention Cameron Dalton of Minford.
I agree, Cameron is a good player. Holden is definitely the best Soph in the SOC, and Blevins and Dalton are 2-3 (in some order). All 3 are 6'4" or taller and athletic as can be. That'll be a fun class to come through!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

[quote][/quote]Tristan Bartoe and Derick Jones from Vinton County.Lutz from Athens.

Vinton County has 5 guards that can flat out play and 1 who is recovering from injury. Bartoe,Jones, well deserved pub however the best athlete on the team is Yates from what i have witnessed thus far.They Also have Speakman and the younger Yates. All of Those guards can shoot it!!! The big man Damron has great hands and is getting up and down the floor well, if VC stays injury free they have potential to be an elite team come tourney..

Go2thebasket
Waterboy

Post by Go2thebasket »

Kendal Reynolds 6'3" from Portsmouth really good outside shooter and also from SOC 1 in addition to names already mentioned - Cole Gilliland 6'4" from Clay that can play both inside and out, Tanner Perdue 6'1" from Western that just knows how to score and get his shot off, Blaine Scott 6'5" 300lbs (getting several D1 offers for football) from East uses his body well and has really good footwork/post moves

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Go2thebasket wrote:Kendal Reynolds 6'3" from Portsmouth really good outside shooter and also from SOC 1 in addition to names already mentioned - Cole Gilliland 6'4" from Clay that can play both inside and out, Tanner Perdue 6'1" from Western that just knows how to score and get his shot off, Blaine Scott 6'5" 300lbs (getting several D1 offers for football) from East uses his body well and has really good footwork/post moves
I got to see Tanner Perdue play this summer. I really like his game the youngman can really play.

sportsfan13
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan13 »

butcher cant even run up the court

Return to “Boys Basketball”