Who will shock the OVC?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Who will shock the OVC?

Post by FHSstudentsection »

its hard to say who will win it all this year. whats your guess?

hoot
Varsity

Re: Who will shock the OVC?

Post by hoot »

Peake

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Fairland has a good chance too along with Chesapeake

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Frankly, I would be shocked if anyone BUT Chesapeake won it. :shock:

RJ7171C71R
Riding the Bench

Post by RJ7171C71R »

Coal Grove 8)

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:Frankly, I would be shocked if anyone BUT Chesapeake won it. :shock:
Me too.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ME "Three" ... (Frankly, I would be shocked if anyone BUT Chesapeake won it <= the 'peake goes undefeated in the OVC [I know I'm going out on a limb with that one <he says sarcastically>)

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Blaine Fuller from Fairland has been playing really well in the scrimmages

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If anyone beats Chesapeake, they qualify as the "shocker"

Chesapeake wins.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Really? It is hard to say who will win?

Peake and if anyone stays within 20 I will give them a standing ovation.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

start clapping my friend, to have that much confidence in a team this early is a little odd. dont get me wrong "peake" has had some great past few years. but to think they will blow the OVC again is just wrong... Over all i think chesapeake looks the best to point fingers to but 20+ points a game. hmmmm? IMO

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Maybe you haven't watched the game the past 2 or 3 years? Hey I think Fairland will be a clear #2, but if I remember correctly you were calling Fairland to beat Chesapeake last year and they were both 30+ point losses? Right? I don't think it is going to get that much better. Is it really a stretch the think Chesapeake with their returning players aren' that much better then the rest of the conference? The fact you seem to think so is really "odd", and I am not the only one who has said it. I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

"but to think they will blow the OVC again is just wrong"

You see this is a very "odd" statement considering you have nothing to go on THIS year. This team is still heads and shoulders more talented then anyone in the conference. That is fact.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I have to think Chesapeake is the prohibitive favorite once again, but I saw Fairland in a scrimmage with Portsmouth and they were competitive with the Trojans..........I know they have Evan Salyers back, but perhaps Blaine Fuller is the name of the 6-5 kid who really played well vs. PHS.

Chespeake, Fairland, and South Point should be the top 3 in the OVC.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Fuller is a 6 foot guard

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Fuller is easily 6'2 if not more.

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

your right, blaine is atleast 6'2 but he plays a little taller because his length unlike salyers. i didnt call fairland to win last year but i did say they were beatable. losing kennedy is clearly a big hurt. if chesapeake plays like they did last year (taking out colin) and from what ive seen from fhs this year this game will go down to the last minute for the title.not 20+ points... i played middle school basketball and as i can recall the games were always really close fighting for the title. i see it happening again this year, plus fhs has some very good sophomores that will see alot of playing time.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Your right, 20 points may be unreasonable. Lets say 30 :122245

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Oh boy you played middle school basketball that makes you qualified to say how close the game is going to be. I mean none of the players have developed since middle school days, and what better way to form your analysis then going back to your middle school days.

I like Blaine and Evan, and I think they will have a very good year, but Chesapeake will win the conference and I don't think it will be difficult.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Hintz > Maddox (I take Hintz, why speed, athleticism, defensive abily, experience)
Thompson > Fuller (Thomspon over Fuller barely maybe even a tie but his quickness, shooting ability and defensive mindset has gotten better, as for Fuller hands down he has gotten a ton better I expect a good season out of him)
Kennedy > Riley (Do i need to explain this one, Kennedy Size, athleticism, scoring ability and such a deep threat)
Noble > Flynn/Wooten/Raines (Not sure who the FHS starter will be at this spot so i cant say much)
Mcmaster > Salyers (Outside I take McMaster by a large margin and if you dont know why then you dont know much about basketball, Inside i take Salyers by a small margin b/c of his size and strenght but it will be tough to shoot over the stretched out arms of 6'6 Mcmaster. Also i see Noble guarding him alot.)

DAVIS > Speed (No need to explain)

My answer is Panthers > Dragons probably by close to 20 b/c Fairland will try a zone and the panthers will shoot them out of it then they will try a man where they dont match up very well! And at that point it could get worse!

Return to “Boys Basketball”