Who will shock the OVC?

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

Re: Who will shock the OVC?

Post by FHSstudentsection »

how could you compare noble with flynn,wooten,raines? they are 3 completely different players. flynn is a quick gaurd while raines is a long ,shooting guard that rarely goes low. wooten only plays down low helping out the strength with salyers. (wooten will be starting btw)

i take hintz over maddox only because his defense is slightly better and he has alot more experience

yeah you might take mcmaster over evan OUTSIDE, but when it comes down low salyers has dominated the ovc since his sophomore/junior year.

Evan and austin will have high scoring games

my analysis wasnt only from middle school games it was supporting evidence

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

FHSstudentsection:
You can't compare Chesapeake in middle school to Chesapeake now. They get boys from Wheelersburg, Spring Valley, Ashland, and even Fairland. Fairland versus kids actually from Chesapeake, now that might be a closer game :)

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Buckeye, Wheelersburg? Wow the Rase boys really. Came to Chesapeake due to the fact that their mother was a teacher and father was the principal there so it made it easier on their family. Eric Kennedy came from Spring Valley due to the fact he played AAU with Chesapeake guys they grew a good bond plus he wanted to be a winner on a team so he came to Chesapeake. Ashland? No players from Ashland... Colin Kennedy from Rose Hill Played AAU with his best friend Nathan Copley and when the Rose Hill Coach was fired and everybody left so did he. And he came to a place he knew he could win. As for fairland I havent seen many players move in from Fairland. I have seen some leave Peake and go to Fairland b/c the writing was on the wall.

BTW Studentsection I said
"Noble > Flynn/Wooten/Raines (Not sure who the FHS starter will be at this spot so i cant say much)"
I didn't compare any of them?
But I will
Noble>Flynn (Noble b/c he is solid strength, speed and to big for Flynn)
Noble>Raines (noble b/c of his strength, athleticism, size and "D" ability)
Noble>Wooten (B/c Noble is pretty dang strong he is about 6'0 or 6'1 athletic Wooten may be a little stronger but not enough to make a difference. Plus no way Wooten could ever guard Brandon Noble)

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

im so use to talking to chesapeake players on here that i have learned to let things go. yes noble is very strong but down low with wootens long arms and athleticism noble would not be able to stop his post game without fouling. but if you flip it wooten wouldnt be able to play with his outside game. your only looking at chesapeakes players "perks" and not considering fairlands players abilities. you put how chesapeakes players are "greater" at what they do when anyone could flip it to fairland abilities.

p.s. i highly doubt that noble is quicker and faster on a court than flynn. i have been wrong though

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

"Noble>Wooten (B/c Noble is pretty dang strong he is about 6'0 or 6'1 athletic Wooten may be a little stronger but not enough to make a difference. Plus no way Wooten could ever guard Brandon Noble)"

I put that and you put
"yes noble is very strong but down low with wootens long arms and athleticism noble would not be able to stop his post game without fouling. but if you flip it wooten wouldnt be able to play with his outside game."

I gave Wooten the strength factor and so did you! Thank you for saying the same thing i said. Wooten may be a post player but he does not have a great skill set b/c if he did he would have played a lot more in the past years. To be honest you have to have good fluent post moves to cause foul trouble on others and I don't see that happening. Just b/c he is bigger doesn't mean he can just drop step on the opponent every time. This isn't buddy league the skill set of the other team is much higher and there will be plenty of help defense. The Panthers help defense is to solid for the Dragons. The help down will be there if needed. Panthers motto "help early and help ofter and recover" the Panthers will help each other if they have to and recover quickly. Oh well im done arguing with a high schooler who based part of his opinion on a middle school basketball game. My guess is Panthers by 20 maybe more! B/c your argument last year was Fairland would beat Peake. Wow they lost by 40 both games.

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

Dime,
I don't need excuses why they all went to Chesapeake but I was referring to each boy you talked about. My bad, Kennedy was from Rose Hill and not Ashland. Either way, they are all from another district and came to Chesapeake, not up through their program. I'm not saying Chesapeake isn't good, but only because of who transferred in. Copley is one of the few good kids in recent years to come through the system.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Copley, McMaster, Hintz all came through Chesapeake.

I remember a certain guard coming from Chesapeake to play at Fairland a year back ;)

Kids want to be a part of a good program, if it is done legally, I don't see a problem in it.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Peter Hintz
Trent Saunders
Nathan Copley
Patrick Hintz
Austin Mcmaster
Javon Thompson

All pretty dang good!

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

I will agree with Copley and McMaster but that's it. Every team has decent role players :)

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Mcmasters may have always went to chesapeake but he lives about a mile from fairland hs. Not saying that is illegal, just saying.

Starting 5.
Hintz -peake
Thompson- peake
Mcmasters-lives in p'ville
Noble-south point
Kennedy- spring valley

Its the name of the game. Recruit or lose games.

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

But he lived on north huntington heights until about two years ago. just sayn

Ovcman
Riding the Bench

Post by Ovcman »

Your fab five from a few years ago, all played through our buddy league, and the best one lived out greasy ridge in chesapeakes school district. And you havn't been any good since then. :122246

ovcfan12
Riding the Bench

Post by ovcfan12 »

Who won in previews rock hill or coal grove

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

fairland a few years ago
Lamb- Chesapeake Buddy League
Hatfield- Chesapeake Buddy League
Jordan- Chesapeake Buddy League
Godby- Chesapeake Buddy League
Stewart- Chesapeake buddy league
They sure came through fairlands system....

as for chesapeake this year they have one transfer and he came last year from spring valley. The rest of the team came through the chesapeake buddy league stystem and middle school. Noble is the only exception he moved to chesapeake in middle school.

balla4life
Riding the Bench

Post by balla4life »

pretty sure lamb never played for Chesapeake buddy league. We were on the same fairland buddy league team. godby switched to fairland before middle school started. and the others did play there, but stewart didn't even play basketball his senior year. and hatfield and jordan have always went to school at fairland, just started at chesapeake because you could play there at a younger age.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

A little off the subject....but if the Fairland girls win the OVC, would it tainted because they have a transfer from Huntington St. Joe??

FHSstudentsection
Freshman Team

she is from fairland. she left to play st.joe for two years and returned back to fhs! it will help them win but either way fhs girls will be good. they return everyone with great freshman talent this year.

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

Belpre

FlyingBuckeye3
Riding the Bench

Post by FlyingBuckeye3 »

Buddy league isn't exactly relevant IMO. I understand kids want to play for a good coach/team, especially if they have a shot at a scholarship, but I think restrictions need to be made when a fair percentage of players are transferring into your school year after year (and not at the elementary level, at the HS or MS level when it's obviously just for sports)

dennisdrinksbud
Freshman Team

Post by dennisdrinksbud »

FlyingBuckeye3 wrote:Buddy league isn't exactly relevant IMO. I understand kids want to play for a good coach/team, especially if they have a shot at a scholarship, but I think restrictions need to be made when a fair percentage of players are transferring into your school year after year (and not at the elementary level, at the HS or MS level when it's obviously just for sports)
Belpre

Return to “Boys Basketball”