All State

Re: South Webster @ Clay

Post by Eaglesnest »

Webster by 10 points.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

I think this is a game where you throw records out the door. South Webster has played a mean schedule and that can only make you better. Clay might not have won 2 games playing Webster's schedule so far. Should be an interesting game - could go either way at Clay but if game was at South Webster - I think Webster would be a 7-10 pt favorite.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

This game is usually a good game every year that he boys look forward to in the locker room

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Good luck Jeeps! See ya at the game!

jumpman23
Waterboy

Post by jumpman23 »

they played in previews against each other n clay came away with the victory but not by a large margin i think they won by 6 maybe if not less.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

I think this will be a pretty good game. Webster and Clay have played some good ones over the years...definitely a late season non-conference game that is good for both teams.

Like others have said, Webster has played a TOUGH schedule this year. They are just overmatched in SOC II. But they have already beat one of the better SOC I teams on the road (East), so I'd think they'll be competitive in this one. This game could have an impact on the tourney seeding tomorrow.*

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

turnovers,missed foulshots,poor defense=loss :122248
south webster just out played us.
Last edited by rosemount rebel on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Big loss for Clay tonight in terms of tourney seeding.......I really thought they had a legitimate shot at a #6 seed until tonight........Looks like anywhere from a #7 thru #10 after being blown out.With a win tonight,they could have got the 6 seed and would have only had to win 1 game to get to the Convo.......Now you know if they get by there 1st tourney game,the sectional championship will be tough......they will be looking at playing the #1 or #2 seed in sectional title if they are fortunate enough to get by the first game......Huge loss for the Panthers IMO!

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

OUCH! :122246

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

NICE win for the Jeeps. I figured they had a solid chance of winning this one, but by 30pts on the road?? Has to give them some confidence with the tourney coming up.*

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Huge win. Clay may have had an off night which might explain the deficit. I don't know since I have neer seen Clay play. But I have seen South Webster play and they are alot better than people had let on. They gave Valley all they could handle when I saw them. For the Jeeps to play the schedule they play, it will do nothing but good when they get into the tournament.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

clay will get the #6 or #7 seed and will have to play two games to get to the convo. if it falls like we think then they will play #11 seed then #3 seed

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

Wow, how many slip ups is coach T gonna make?
That seemed like an obvious move to switch to zone when they were out scored by 19!!!!!!
That was just plain nonsense

jumpman23
Waterboy

Post by jumpman23 »

i also heard that 2 players that have played under him the past 2 years "1 of them being a captian" suggested at halftime they go zone. the come out the 3rd quarter and run a 2-3 for 1 possesion then rite back 2 man defense. doesnt make since why he wouldnt atleast give the zone a fair shot?

Return to “Boys Basketball”