South Webster @ Clay

who will win?

Total votes: 0

Dean
Freshman Team

Re: South Webster @ Clay

Post by Dean »

If Coach Trainer takes the blame for this loss then I am sure all of you who are complaining about the SW game are giving him credit for the two league wins last week(especially against a superior Eastern team).

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

Mr_player wrote:Wow, how many slip ups is coach T gonna make?
That seemed like an obvious move to switch to zone when they were out scored by 19!!!!!!
That was just plain nonsense

if your are down 19 or 22 and you play zone the other team stalls with alot of passes and holds the ball to run time off the clock. so you don't have alot of time to catch up. so you press or go man to man to get turnovers and quick baskets. speed the tempo up not slow it down. but what do i know!
maybe you and aquaman can coach next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Dean wrote:If Coach Trainer takes the blame for this loss then I am sure all of you who are complaining about the SW game are giving him credit for the two league wins last week(especially against a superior Eastern team).

it wasn't the COACH that won it. it was the kids. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by rosemount rebel on Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Mr_player wrote:Wow, how many slip ups is coach T gonna make?
That seemed like an obvious move to switch to zone when they were out scored by 19!!!!!!
That was just plain nonsense

it wasn't the kids that lost it . it was the coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

ignert1 wrote:CLAY 3 8 11 12 34
SW 22 11 13 18 64

I can wrap this game up real quick. Clay played man to man in the first quarter and it didn't work. They got outscored 22 - 3 on multiple back door cuts off screens. They stay in man to man the entire game. End of story.

CLAY
LAWSON 7
GRAHAM 6
BURCHETT 5
PUCKETT 3
VALENTINE 3
BUSSLER 2
CASMAN 2
CRAPYOU 2
MERSHON 2
RIDDLEBARGER 2

WEBSTER
SCOTT 9
McCOLLISTER 3
QUEEN 13
MALONE 11
LOOP 10
#21 6
#32 6
#54 2
#24 RICEMAN? 2
#42 SUTTON? 2

#21 Brandon Malone
#32 Michael Richardson
#54 Not sure who this is????
#24 Arrick Wiseman

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Rebel sounds like a parent(or at least most that I have dealt with)---If "we"win then it is because my kid is so good but if we lose it is not that the other team is better it is that the coach is ignorant. Sorry, but reality does not work that way.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

[quote="Dean"]If Coach Trainer takes the blame for this loss then I am sure all of you who are complaining about the SW game are giving him credit for the two league wins last week(especially against a superior Eastern team).[/quote

dean, 1st of all i'm a parent ,but my kid is in grade school.
2nd i agree with you. i was being sarcastic on the other two post.
3rd i don't think that the coach is ignorant. so don't turn this around and make it look like i'm a mad parent (or someone that you have dealt with) i like the coach but i think he needs to be harder on the kids! :evil:

Dean
Freshman Team

Post by Dean »

Sorry RR---sometimes I am a little slow recognizing sarcasm through a computer screen.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

that is ok dean, some people on this post are a little slow recognizing basketball. or how it is to be played. :twisted:
this game is over so lets move on.

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

I just feel bad for the boys, because they need to have someone who knows completly what they are doing as a coach.......if that makes any sense...

the_spectator
Waterboy

Post by the_spectator »

yeah i was at te game and thought for sure that trainor would switch to some zone because we obviously weren't pullin off man to man to well...thats just common sense. :?: i dont get it.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Zone not good when playing SW
Valley tried that and had to go to man to man because the Jeeps hit 12 to 15 3's
Maybe your coach is a better coach then you thank, I don't know him butt he is a part of the team.
He's won some nice ball games, I bet he is doing his best just like the boy's do!

Return to “Boys Basketball”