Portsmouth @ Chillicothe on 2/11 Varsity only @ 7:30PM

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth (7-5) @ Chillicothe (9-3) on 2/3

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good Luck Trojans.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Hopefully the Trojans can take some positive energy from the win vs. South Point up to Chillicothe on Tuesday.........the Cavaliers have dominated the Trojans since both joined the SEOAL 2 years ago. CHS is 5-0 with all 5 wins being blowouts.........

I want to see Portsmouth go up and play their tails off.........when Chillicothe came down to PHS earlier this season, they came at us hard and we didn't respond well.....the end result was a 26 point loss........

The Trojans will have to do a better job against Coach Kellough's suffocating defense.......and at the same time give the Cavaliers a dose of their own medicine. We can beat CHS, but it will take nothing less than an outstanding performance by our kids..........I assume Malik London is ready to go for CHS, so we will have to box out yet another big body on the boards.

Always enjoy going to Hatton Gymnasium......and I will look Hitchbone64 up to make sure he is wearing his State Championship T-Shirt.........

GO TROJANS!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

If Portsmouth wants to move up in sectional seeding, I think it is imperative that the Trojans sweep all 3 games this week. Very tough task to do, but doable if we are playing up to our capabilities.........one's thing for sure, when you're 5-0 outside you're league and 2-5 in league play, that speaks very well for the SEOAL. There are just no gimmes in this league, and PHS found out when it travelled to Jackson.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

trojandave,

Will have it on and wearing it proudly. Hopefully we get some other Cavs faithful out as well. Tough stretch with no games and then coming of a tough loss to Warren.

Coach K. said it well in the paper the other day. We did not play well. We will have to on Tuesday. We know we will get the Trojans best shot. We have got everybodies best shot all year. It will be good to see some minutes from London on Tuesday. Our depth is lacking somewhat with Benson out for the year and back up guard Young not playing anymore.

I look for our defense to be strong as usual. The game will come down to the boards and who makes the most stops. I don't want to see us get in a big time uptempo game with the Trojans. I would rather make you work defensively so we can get good looks. I also look for Seth Dawes to have a good game. He has been playing extremely well on the offensive end in the past 6 plus games. We have been very balanced on offense, but it is time for the seniors to step up.

This game is huge in terms of the DOC. With so many games cancelled the past two weeks, teams are going to need depth and stay out of foul trouble. The Cavs are looking at two straight weeks of non-league Saturday games on top of the Tues/Fri SEOAL tilts and the two makeups.

I look forward to welcoming all the Trojan faithful on Tuesday. When you step in the gym, look up to your right and look close to the scoreboard. We can proudly display our State Championship banner and though we don't have the State Championship history that the Trojans have, we can say we joined the club.

GO CAVS!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I already had a peak at the banner, and thought , how great it was for Chilly to get it.

especialy after I had predicted it "along with Trojan dave" befor the season started last year, we knew they had all they ned toi win it, they just had to go out and do it.

congrats.

like Dave said, we will ned to play up to our pontential and then some to be able to pull this game off, and even though we went down by 26 last time, I stil feel we can win this game, if we play our game, for 4 periods.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I'll take the Cavs 66-40.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Going to be tough for the Trojans to grab one of the top seeds. But I guarantee they are the team that those top seeds do not want to face in a Sectional Final.*

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

go trojans,

oldtrojan
All State
Location: Misplaced in Northeastern,Pa rooting for the Reds, Buckeyes, Bengals, and Trojans.

Post by oldtrojan »

I(IMHO) agree that the Trojans can pull this game out if they go out and play hard nosed unselfish team basketball. I believe the Trojans need to go about 9 or 10 deep in this game and play in your face all the time defense.
i also feel that the 2 big men need to step up and have huge games on both ends of the boards. AB needs to have a great game defensively which can be accomplished if he keeps his head in the game ,and doesn't worry about his points. Needs to be in Kalebs face all night.

As I said hard nosed in your face defense, sound rebounding on both ends, and all for one-one for all TEAM basketball can get this mission accomplished. This has to be done for all 32 minutes.

Good luck mighty Trojan warriors, and have a great game.

To all the Trojan faithful traveling up 23 to the Hat, drive safe, and God Speed.
I sure hope this one is being streamed on the intenet so I can hear it all the way in the N.E. corner of PA.
If any one knows of a web stream then let me know. I will be checking WNXT first.

GO TROJANS

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Man this game should be a good one! Portsmouth has very good young talent down there on the river! The last time Chillicothe played they got beat,so i'm sure the CAVS will be ready to get it back going against the Trojans. Plus the debut of Mr. London!!!!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

why does everyones big players always come back, aginst my trojans? :oops: :oops: :122246 :122245

looking forward to this game.

goduke!
Waterboy

Post by goduke! »

i think this could turn out to be a really good game.

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Chillicothe win's this one and get ready Devil Express on fri......GO Blue Devil's

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

ozzioeohio, and myself are going

butcherman108
SEO

Post by butcherman108 »

Is this game still on? I here Rock Hill vs Oak Hill already called off.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I know Portsmouth is in school today

ZvilleBlueDevil
JV Team

Post by ZvilleBlueDevil »

Tobias wrote:it's a couple of inches of snow for goodness sakes....

geesh!

It's a simple drive up 23......

My father and I were talking the other day about the GOL and the travel in the 50's to Springfield, Lima, Hamilton, Middletown, etc...

Do you believe that they cancelled a game over an inch or two of snow?

What a horrible society (litigious) that we live in!

Besides, both teams have enough makeups already and I'm sure that both schools were in school today.

Spoken like a true bball fan,let's hoop it up this week :aaaaa14

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias, good luck with all that :122246 .

you may be home from school, a couple more days this week to help catch up on some of it :razz:

Trojan Spirit 76
Waterboy

Post by Trojan Spirit 76 »

Game is canceled...wonder when they will make this one up???

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

This games just got cancelled.

Return to “Boys Basketball”