CLAY @ NEW BOSTON

who will win?

Total votes: 0

claypantherfan
All State

Re: CLAY @ NEW BOSTON

Post by claypantherfan »

$howtime24 wrote:Clay will be without TJ Mershon tonight.

why?

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

i dont kno y meshon will not be playing??

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

what i heard was our A.D. suspended him for a cell phone. what a jerk! A BIG GAME LIKE TONIGHT AND YOU SUSPEND HIM.
you can punish him in other ways. he has never supported our kids like other A.D.'S do.
why should he his stepson goes to another school too play sports.thats part of the problem at clay the administration does not care about sports. they say they do but when it comes down to it they don't
and it shows. it starts with them then the coaches then the players.
ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE GET AN A.D. WHO CARES AND SUPPORTS ALL OF OUR CLAY SPORTS I'M SICK OF IT ! :evil:

voiceofreason
Waterboy

Post by voiceofreason »

score??????

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks for the info ignert1.

The Tigers were due to win a close one! Congrats Tigers!

callingtheshots
Waterboy

Post by callingtheshots »

rosemount rebel wrote:what i heard was our A.D. suspended him for a cell phone. what a jerk! A BIG GAME LIKE TONIGHT AND YOU SUSPEND HIM.
you can punish him in other ways. he has never supported our kids like other A.D.'S do.
why should he his stepson goes to another school too play sports.thats part of the problem at clay the administration does not care about sports. they say they do but when it comes down to it they don't
ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE GET AN A.D. WHO CARES AND SUPPORTS ALL OF OUR CLAY SPORTS I'M SICK OF IT ! :evil:

I Agree totally, I was at the game tonight. I can't believe that the AD had enough nerve to show up at the game. There are other ways to punish, (give a warning, take the cell phone, give detention) but then you can't show your power. It was a big game, not saying that clay would of won with the Mershon kid, but I can't see Wellston or Burg AD suspending their players for the same. When Do We As Parents Get A Say In Who The AD is? (how did he get that job anyway) Wake up Clay Administration....

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

They should have just took the phone for the rest of the day and maybe a detention but seriously suspension from a game is to far

CKIAF
Waterboy

Post by CKIAF »

Actually Wellston did have a player suspended by the AD tonight for breaking a team rule. They lost in overtime to NY who they would have and should beat with all their players.

-varsity-2.0
Waterboy

Post by -varsity-2.0 »

ignert1 wrote:CLAY 14 16 13 19 FINAL 62
N.B 11 14 19 20 FINAL 64

Clay came out on the short end tonight with a buzzer beater loss to New Boston. They played well early but could never put New Boston away. Both teams started out playing zone defense and Clay was able to go up 14 - 5 early. That would be their biggest lead. After 3 consecutive turnovers on three bad passes and a dropped ball for the final shot of the first quarter, New Boston was able to pull back to 14-11 after one period of play. New Boston opened up the second quarter playing man to man. Cody Bussler scored 9 of his 11 points for the night in the first half, but picked up his second foul with 4:44 to go in the half and sat out the rest of the period. With Mershon out tonight and Bussler out with 2 fouls ( a Coach T tradition) and Valentine on the bench to rest, it left Clay with only one point guard on the floor and New Boston tied the game up at 24 all with 1:09 left before Clay inserted the guards back into the line up and the went on a 6 - 1 run to finish the half at 30 - 25. Clay again come out at half time with only 1:30 seconds on the halftime clock but had no balls to shoot with. I watched and only 2 players got off 2 shots each. Clay held a 41-36 lead before #10 (name?) hit back to back threes to give NB at 42 - 41 lead. Chaz Lawson started the 4th quarter with 2 big blocked shots, but NB still managed to extend their lead to 48-43. Lawson and Bussler both picked up their fourth fouls with over 4 minutes remaining. Graham was'nt available to relieve Lawson, I think he played 4 quarters of JV and Coach T put him in with 1 minute left in the first half, using his final quarter. NB scored off a rebound by the foul shooter to pull out to their biggest lead of the night at 53-47. Nathan Burchett answered with a his second three and a turnover and another Clay bucket cut it back to 58-56 with 4:24 to go. Valentine hit a jumper to tie it up at 58 all with 2 minutes to go. Bussler hits 2 foul shots to tie the game up again at 60 all but then fouls out with 1:26 left in the game. The next 1:18 seconds of the game were back and forth turnovers. Clay ended up with the ball under their own basket with 8.3 seconds. Valentine got open in the corner off a screen on the inbounds and had an open shot from about 15 feet but it rattled in and out of the rim. Clay had no one back and a long outlet pass to Horsely led to a lay-up at the buzzer.
Very tough loss for Clay, they just couldn't seem to put NB away early. As soon as they would get a 4 or 5 point lead they starting shooting the three balls. A couple of costly turnovers let NB stay in the game. Moslty young team mistakes. They will learn from this loss and be a better team for it. Clock management at the end of the game was crucial. Not sure what Coach T told them about the last shot, but they should have tried to hold it before putting up the last shot. Valentine had the hot hand, scoring 11 of his 13 in the second half, so it was a good inbounds and a good look, just gave NB about 1 second too much time to run the floor and hit the shot.
Clay finishes the season with two tough games at home. Western next friday and East next Saturday. Win either one of these and they will finish strong and be at least .500 on the season.

CLAY
VALENTINE 13
LAWSON 13
BUSSLER 11
BURCHETT 9
PUCKETT 8
GRAHAM 2
RATCLIFF 2
CASEMAN 2

NEW BOSTON
WALL 7
McNUTT 2
HORSLEY 11
TYLER 16
DELOTTLE 1
#44 9
#10 13
??? 4

#10 salsibury
#44 henson

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

rosemount rebel wrote:what i heard was our A.D. suspended him for a cell phone. what a jerk! A BIG GAME LIKE TONIGHT AND YOU SUSPEND HIM.

Wasn't this same kid kept out of some games earlier in the season for the same offense? If so, then he knew the consequences, whether they are fair or not, and shouldn't have had his cell phone with him at school. Sounds to me like he just doesn't learn from his mistakes and it is him hurting his team, not the AD.

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:

Wasn't this same kid kept out of some games earlier in the season for the same offense? If so, then he knew the consequences, whether they are fair or not, and shouldn't have had his cell phone with him at school. Sounds to me like he just doesn't learn from his mistakes and it is him hurting his team, not the AD.

No this was another kid.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Even so, he knew what happened to his teammate for the same offense, so I blame the boy as much as you guys do the AD. I do believe the AD went a little to the extreme on suspending him from a game for an offense at school, but the boy knew what the punishment was for having a cell phone at school and took the chance and got caught.

jumpman23
Waterboy

Post by jumpman23 »

The a.d everyone is talking about is also the 1 who suspended crapyou earlier n the year. And as said n the previous post he cares about no high school sports other than volleyball which he is a ref for. Seems funny 2 me. :lol:

Mr_player
Freshman Team

Post by Mr_player »

claygrad wrote:No one should be surprised about the actions of the AD. He has always been non-supportive of the players ( except for volleyball ). From what I have heard from the coaches, he is efficient in scheduling, but that is about it. He seems to go out of his way to try and stop kids from playing. I have heard that he has threatened the ballplayers in his class with giving them supension and keeping them from playing. Is this really what Clay needs as an AD?

As for the cellphone, they are a problem and need to be addressed but why punish the team. Punish the boy instead. I was told it was his first and only offense, but the boy who was sat out games earlier as multiple warnings and offenses. Looks like the AD might have other issues with the kid. IMO

This is the same man that tried to cancell clay's high school soccer program. There were a few kids on vacation on the week of previews, and he said if they didnt have a team to play in the previews, then he was cancelling.

from what i've heard, he didn't look at the circumstances, and just wanted a way to get rid of the sport. If you don't care for all the sports, and all the kids, you shouldn't be the A.D

Return to “Boys Basketball”