SEOPS H

Re: Division IV Southeast District Tournament teams/records

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated.........corrections?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I think Eastern Meigs is (15-1) with games versus FEDERAL HOCKING, NELSONVILLE-YORK, @ WATERFORD & RIVER VALLEY remaining ... they beat River Valley once, but they have two games with the Raiders this year.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

93Bulldog wrote:I think Eastern Meigs is (15-1) with games versus FEDERAL HOCKING, NELSONVILLE-YORK, @ WATERFORD & RIVER VALLEY remaining ... they beat River Valley once, but they have two games with the Raiders this year.

The record came from the new TVC website. Thanks for the help!

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Just heard this....

1. South Webster
2. Green
3. Manchester
4. Whiteoak
5. Fairfield

The 4-5 might might be switched im not real sure I heard this from the coach from Manchester and I don't know the lower seeds.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Manchester should be pumped with this draw...they got the easiest route to Districts out of this Sectional.*

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

They have to play Clay first and Clay beat Green twice in the regular season. Clay is better than their record, losing some games due to player being out, but I agree that is the easiest route to the convo in the bracket.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

what is the seeding at welston

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Well I know that Manchester beat Green in a scrimmage by like 30 I know that doesn't mean anything but I would have to say they should make it out easily.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Power 105 wrote:From Trimble coach Curt Moore

Division 4, Wellston Sectional

1. Eastern (Reedsville)
2. Eastern (Beaver)
3. Southern
4. Trimble
5. Symmes Valley
6. South Gallia
7. Waterford
8. St. Joseph Central
9. Miller

Thanks!

Power 105

Wellston sectional

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

the two eastern's should get out easily.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Manchester has a gift wrapped ride to the District if they can get past Clay (Who is clearly a better team than Green). They might be the weakest #2 seed on paper that I have ever seen. Sure, they have a 9-7 record but lets take a deeper look. They have beaten 5 different teams (Western, ND, NB, East, ST Joe) who have combined to win a whopping 20 games this year = total - and they are the #2 seed? Looking even deeper, you have 9 wins all against tiny D4 schools with horrible records. Looking even deeper, we see that 5 of those 9 wins were by 3 points or less. So in closing, the #2 seed Green has won close games against tiny D4 schools with horrible records. Anybody else find this hilarious.

pistolpete40
Waterboy

Post by pistolpete40 »

Collusion (sp?) my friends...

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

How did South Gallia get a better seed than Ironton St. Joe? I thought St. Joe beat them in the head to head matchup.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia got their injured kids back. They play again at the end of the week. I know New Boston beat St. Joe recently and South Gallia just beat New Boston by 40.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

jimmy chipwood wrote:Manchester has a gift wrapped ride to the District if they can get past Clay (Who is clearly a better team than Green). They might be the weakest #2 seed on paper that I have ever seen. Sure, they have a 9-7 record but lets take a deeper look. They have beaten 5 different teams (Western, ND, NB, East, ST Joe) who have combined to win a whopping 20 games this year = total - and they are the #2 seed? Looking even deeper, you have 9 wins all against tiny D4 schools with horrible records. Looking even deeper, we see that 5 of those 9 wins were by 3 points or less. So in closing, the #2 seed Green has won close games against tiny D4 schools with horrible records. Anybody else find this hilarious.

I'm a Clay fan and i find this very hilarious. Green should not be the two seed seeing how they have lost to Clay twice. Manchester should be the two seed. But Green is not going to make it out of Lucasville because Manchester can beat Green easily and I know if Clay beats Manchester they can beat them since they beat them twice by 10+. I think its just a funny joke. I mean im from SOC I with the smaller schools but why would you put them up there where they are going to get embarassed?

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

So Clay beat Green twice, Green beat Western twice,
Western beat Clay twice. You can put Green down if
you want Green may not be very good. I seen Clay
play and I don't think their very good. It doesn't matter
where your seeded if your good you will win anyway.

pistolpete40
Waterboy

Post by pistolpete40 »

That's a good argument if you're flying blind in hail storm. My wildcats have played seven games against D IV schools, one against a DII Hillsboro that would be 13-5 if not for forfeited wins, and the rest D III schools...Fairfield plays six DIV schools, four DII schools, one of them being 17-1 Washington Court House that the Lions lead for a majority of the game, and the rest D III's...it's like this...if Duke were 17-10 going into the NCAA tournament and a small, mid-major school like Weber State were 21-3, who do you think would get the better seed? The dukies based on strength of schedule. THe collusion and politics will not go away until they go back to the old system of seeding the top 4 teams and then drawing pills and letting people play where they want.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The seeding is crap.

The SHL schools always have to face each other to get out or advance in the sectional....it'll never change with this current system.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

a better way to do it is to seed all of the teams and let them choose where they want to go on the bracket according to their seed. therefore, if the two seed wanted to play the one seed they could jump right on them. the southeast needs to come out of the stone age and do what other districts are doing.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

pistolepete
i would agree green is a pretty weak seed but hows seeding 4 teams and using the old pill going to solve this situation?

green would have been seeded 2nd still and fairfield could have ended up 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th, the pill system was a horrible system

are you mad because manchester ended up with 3rd seed?
ok lets say manchester got the 2nd seed and then whiteoak got the third seed. maybe fairfield gets the fourth seed. where do you put green? 5th. clay beat them twice. do you give clay the 5th and then green the sixth?

if you are 4 or 5 you play each other and then play south webster.
with only two teams getting out you play each other to get out of the sectional this year.

btw. i wouldnt be surprised if east doesnt come out of that side to face the winner of clay and manchester

Return to “Boys Basketball”