Best coach in the SHL??

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Re: Best coach in the SHL??

Post by tobiasunderwood »

freethrow25,

I am exultant that you are given enjoyment by my transcriptions. As I elucidated too earlier, I also receive a certain amount of pleasure in the banter of my comrades here on the public forum.

And to the maltese falcon, let me begin by stating that Coolio composed a hit in the 1980s titled "Word Up" that flourished. Had I the same brainchild and fully conveyed the same message, I would never have enjoyed the same echelon of success as I would more than likely have titled it "utterance aloft". I am sorry to have traveled "over your head" as you stated, but one of my main concerns is to progress my vocabulary and the lexis of others.

tobiasunderwood
Waterboy

Post by tobiasunderwood »

d young wrote:I will retire a Devil. You have a young, hard working,very knowledgeable on staff person who is very dedicated to Peebles basketball. Seems like a good fit to me. Hopefully John stays for a while, I enjoy the challenge of going against him. Believe it or not I do wish the Indians good luck Saturday. Anyone notice I did have red on Monday night?

I observed your genesis in wearing the crimson. I must confess that I was somewhat aghast for a jiffy. You are at the apex of my list of instructors of basketball and your detachment from the green, although supportive of your fellow league affilliates, was a shock. Will you be dressed equivalently on Saturday?

d young
Riding the Bench

Post by d young »

Probably black or white. Peebles-red, Eastern-red, Manchester-blue. Good friend Ryan Davis in purple, good friend Tom Barrick in Orange, good friend Bryan Alley in red, and good friend Jeff Caldwell in purple.

numberonefan
Riding the Bench

Post by numberonefan »

The red did not go unnoticed dyoung and the support is appreciated. Most of these kids are friends off the court but die-hard rivals on it and that's how high school basketball should be, same with coaches. I think I can speak for most of Peebles when I say that while Peebles and NA are and probably always will be big time rivals, what you have done there at NA in building a strong program, is truly admired.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
tobiasunderwood wrote:ticklethetwine & fhs_shl11,

Puts me in high spirits knowing that my fellow transcribers get pleasure from the recitation of my transcriptions here on the "round table". I must reciprocate as I enjoy reading my fellow essayist's reflections and impressions.

Take numberonefan's advice into consideration for a moment; Do not quit my day job. In these turbulent and inflexible times, why would any entity relinquish their occupational status? The concern for my financial well being is treasured but entirely unnecessary. I do however feel for the subordinate educationalist that may become a part of the RIFs currently planned in our areas. The epoch we live in right now is turbulent at best, so all heed numberonefan's advice PLEASE!

Whad he say?? WAAAAY over my head. :oops: :roll: :roll:

He said he doesn't recommend anyone leaving they're job right now with the economy in the state it is...... I think..

And I still think he did Peebles wrong the last time. I think he chases talent. I hope he proves me wrong when next years team graduates and he sticks around, but I doubt it.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

Before you start making assumptions and passing judgement you might consider that the man is 70 some years old with a medical history and family that live in another state. He is probably going to retire at some point and likely for those reasons. I know he has truly appreciated and enjoyed the opportunities he's had to coach young players again this past couple years.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Lawhorn stopped coaching in 1999 beause he got a job in the central office. You can't coach and be in administration. At the time Peebles had a lot of talent coming through the pipeline...I'm sure he didn't want to walk away from Seth Smalley, Michael Cheesbro, and the Carroll boys.

And Dave, I noticed you wearing red. Nice gesture.

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

i dont think thats a true statement that lawhorn follows talent. both times he came to peebles he was approached by peebles people and asked to apply for the job.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

and I don't think a lot of people thought the 1998 & 99 teams would be as successful as they were.

warriorsfan
Waterboy

Post by warriorsfan »

Rob Beucler, hands down.

Return to “Boys Basketball”