CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

earp
S

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by earp »

Nathan Copley was co player of the year with Blake Justice of Peebles!

earp
S

Post by earp »

Hey speaking of Piketon,Are you guy about to wash away or what?I just saw a video of a house floating down the Scioto River near Piketon!The Ohio River is going to be an issue on saturday as well,I know it doesnt take much in some places to put the water on the road up and down Route 7!

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Nathan got co-POY and I am very happy for him. Great kid, great player, great family.

I won't, but I'll be at state if we make it :)

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

iwearblacknikes wrote:
Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake 105 Piketon 49 - Prediction
Come on man? Seriously? thats a joke. Piketon could play their worst game and still not lose by 50.

Piketon will win this game by 5 points. People are underestimating how good this Piketon team is. Peake is good, but not THAT good! this will be a good game! Piketon has more athletes than Peake can handle

iwearblacknikes - I don't think that Piketon will lose by 50 neither, but you obviously don't know what an athlete looks like if you think that Piketon has more athletes than Chesapeake. Let me ask you a question besides Legg who else does Piketon have that is a solid athlete?
Good luck to both teams....

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Portsmouth aint scared of Chesapeake! And whether ya'll beat Piketon by 50 or by 10 or heaven forbid that the ''unbeatable'' Chesapeake should lose. No outcome will have any bearing on how Portsmouth will view who comes out of that bracket. Chesapeake knows our name!

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

U have to beat fairland first.........one game at a time .

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Jamie Helton 6'1" sr. QB on 7-3 football team. Was 99-196 2nd in SVC passing for 1678 yards 2nd in league and 15 TD's. Jared Vulgamore, 5'9" sr. WR on football 39 catches for 847 yards, first in the league in both. 48 points scored and 3 INT's. Zach Farmer 6'4" so. injured in preseason of football but would have been a nice compliment to Vulgamore at WR. He was honorable mention all state in baseball. A lefthanded pitcher who has been offered by OSU for baseball. Isaac Brabson 6'1" so. WR with 23 catches with 347 yards receiving and 3 INT's. Jacob Braniff 6'4" sr. first time running track last season ran a 53 second 400 meter dash. Craigen Moore 5'10" so. 2nd leading scorer on team. Keenan Brush 6'5" sr. who was part of pretty good 4x400 meter dash team as a sophmore but hastn ran since.

Piketon has good athletes, but so does the Peake. Its funny how some get caught up on 1 posters comments while the majority of posters are pretty level headed! lol

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Who said that Portsmouth was scared? Nice try in trying to get the Panther Nation fired up. I know that the Panthers are only thinking about one team right now, and that is "Piketon". You should be worrying about Portsmouth beating Fairland first.

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

This is a Chesapeake /Piketon forum,keep that way.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

greenwave2332 wrote:
Tobias wrote:There will be a huge contingent rooting for PHS.....

Piketon High School (7PM)

and

Portsmouth High School (9PM)

//////

Portsmouth fans will undoubtedly be rooting for one of our own in Coach Lisath.........

:mrgreen:
Sure they will !!!! they don't want to play the peake........
This guy seems to think Portsmouth is scared..............

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

That's because one of your own came over here and started saying how Trojan nation is cheering for Piketon. Go back to your thread.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

Out of Bounds wrote:
eagles73 wrote:To anyone arguing Coach Lisaths ability to change, in his 7 years he has amassed 104 wins so far for an average of 14.8 wins per year. He has 2 SVC Championships 1 of which undefeated. 2 SVC runners up, 5 Sectional championships, 1 District and Regional Championship. You argue talent, yeah this year will mark just the 3rd player that played for Lisath to sign to play at the next level! Kyle Miller at Notre Dame college, and now Evan Legg and Keenan Brush at Rio Grande!

I dont agree with everything he does coaching wise, but to say he doesnt make adjustments is just not true. Out of bounds, you say just because what he done at the Waverly game shows he doesnt make adjustments! lol I have watched practices, countless scrimmages and games, and have coached these young men myself and he makes changes, you must not be able to see them! lol
eagles73 wrote:Jamie Helton 6'1" sr. QB on 7-3 football team. Was 99-196 2nd in SVC passing for 1678 yards 2nd in league and 15 TD's. Jared Vulgamore, 5'9" sr. WR on football 39 catches for 847 yards, first in the league in both. 48 points scored and 3 INT's. Zach Farmer 6'4" so. injured in preseason of football but would have been a nice compliment to Vulgamore at WR. He was honorable mention all state in baseball. A lefthanded pitcher who has been offered by OSU for baseball. Isaac Brabson 6'1" so. WR with 23 catches with 347 yards receiving and 3 INT's. Jacob Braniff 6'4" sr. first time running track last season ran a 53 second 400 meter dash. Craigen Moore 5'10" so. 2nd leading scorer on team. Keenan Brush 6'5" sr. who was part of pretty good 4x400 meter dash team as a sophmore but hastn ran since.

Piketon has good athletes, but so does the Peake. Its funny how some get caught up on 1 posters comments while the majority of posters are pretty level headed! lol

Wait, are you saying he is loaded with athletes?? I thought you said he did this with only three players? Just because he has only three players that played college doesn't mean he hasn't been loaded with talent...he has one of the top five teams in the SE District over the last 4 years in my opinion. Athletes and talent hide a multitude of sins....

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

peake wrote:That's because one of your own came over here and started saying how Trojan nation is cheering for Piketon. Go back to your thread.
That's funny cause I was over there on the other thread and I seen that some guy named Peake was rooting for Fairland to win......guess that Peake guy doesn't remember. Then he has the audacity to to call out one of the Trojan faithful for doing exactly what that Peake guy did. Don't go edit your post now....but if you do, don't worry I'll wait for you to backtrack and try to justify yourself...Anyways, I don't know if Piketon can or will win but at the end of the day I'm pulling for Lyce...then for my Trojans to beat Fairland.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

We have no problem with you rooting for Piketon. All greenwave was doing was stating the facts of why tobias wanted a huge contingent to cheer for Piketon.
Last edited by Just My Opinion on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Out of Bounds wrote:
Out of Bounds wrote:[Wait, are you saying he is loaded with athletes?? I thought you said he did this with only three players? Just because he has only three players that played college doesn't mean he hasn't been loaded with talent...he has one of the top five teams in the SE District over the last 4 years in my opinion. Athletes and talent hide a multitude of sins....
And what is your definition of talent? I mean "Come on Man" I've been watching Piketon basketball for a long time....the loaded Piketon teams....Doug Williams (Miami Ohio), Joel Shepherd (Cedarville), Tyler Williams (Wittenberg)...that team was loaded or even the team with Kyle Vulgamore and Kyle Miller....they didn't make it out of the District. No way Lisath teams were better basketball players than them....yet he takes a less talented team to Columbus. Having good athletes is one thing....good basketball players is another. Based on your logic Portsmouth and Chillicothe would win the state every year...I mean who has better athletes? :122246

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Yes Jimmy, that is my point. Talent is the men you named, athletes are just that athletic. Talent is basketball on top of athletic. The boys I mentioned are good basketball players who have worked on their game. Someone asked who were the good athletes on Piketons team and I mentioned them along with their accomplishments in other sports to support my statements.

I mean, its easy to make a blanket statement unsupported by any facts and troll until you find something you think you can slam! lol

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Just My Opinion wrote:We have no problem with you rooting for Piketon. All greenwave was doing was stating the facts of why tobias wanted a huge contingent to cheer for Piketon.
Ok then mr. Opinion, what's the facts to what greenwave is stating then.....since you keep dancing around what he's saying??? Is he saying Portsmouth is scared to face Chessy??? Or better yet, you answer.....why do you think we'll be rooting for Piketon????? Cause you seem to be greevwave's translator. Plain & simply stated, Piketon aint scared, Portsmouth aint scared....and I bet Fairland aint scared of Portsmouth......Basketball aint start with Chesapeake....but for da Trojans it could end, for now with Fairland and for the Peake it could end with Piketon, for now. Let's just take care of business now! and see who's still standing at the end of the day! I believe in da Trojans! Oh, and I'm still rooting for Lyce! Hahahaha, scared or ducking or don't wanna face da Peake!!!!!! Puh-leaze! If we lose to em, then the better team won that day!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

After further review, I wanna change my earlier prediction of 85-49 Chesapeake to 76-67 Chesapeake.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

This right here is the difference imo. I think Wayne will abuse John on the offensive end, and if Wayne can keep John from going right, game over.

I want to see the OVC win obviously, but the Trojans are just so talented. I think the Dragons can run with the Trojans, but my concerns is what will they do to defend Portsmouth and who is going to keep Dion off the boards. I like Evan down low v Dion, but if Dion takes Evan outside imo he will take him off the dribble at will.

Portsmouth 63
Fairland 49

Hope I am wrong though.

Good luck Dragons!
I don't see one thing wrong with what I said. I am rooting for my conference, your guy is rooting for someone not in your conference. If we were playing one of your conference teams I would understand, but you're not. Oh here it comes, he is one of yours. Whatever.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

jgordon0315 wrote:
Just My Opinion wrote:We have no problem with you rooting for Piketon. All greenwave was doing was stating the facts of why tobias wanted a huge contingent to cheer for Piketon.
Ok then mr. Opinion, what's the facts to what greenwave is stating then.....since you keep dancing around what he's saying??? Is he saying Portsmouth is scared to face Chessy??? Or better yet, you answer.....why do you think we'll be rooting for Piketon????? Cause you seem to be greevwave's translator. Plain & simply stated, Piketon aint scared, Portsmouth aint scared....and I bet Fairland aint scared of Portsmouth......Basketball aint start with Chesapeake....but for da Trojans it could end, for now with Fairland and for the Peake it could end with Piketon, for now. Let's just take care of business now! and see who's still standing at the end of the day! I believe in da Trojans! Oh, and I'm still rooting for Lyce! Hahahaha, scared or ducking or don't wanna face da Peake!!!!!! Puh-leaze! If we lose to em, then the better team won that day!
It's pretty obvious gordon that Portsmouth would rather play Piketon or Garaway than the Panthers in the Regional Final (If both teams make it that far). By the way, if a team is scared at this point in the tournament then they don't even deserve to be at the Convo.

Oh by the way Gordon, Greenwave wanted me to let you know that he agrees with you about taking care of business, and he wouldn't want to face "Da Peake" either.

Return to “Boys Basketball”