Tuesday,1/03/23 games and scores

whynot?
Waterboy

Re: Tuesday,1/03/23 games and scores

Post by whynot? »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:50 am
whynot? wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:02 pm ND might win the league but I think they'll lose one or two league games this year. It is still a tough and deep league. Most likely, they will lose a couple road games. They play much better at home than they do on the road. As good as those ND post players are they don't run the floor that well. Why isn't somebody coming out and pushing the pace on them and wearing those kids out? Pressure those young guards, make their post players run the floor a ton and drive the lane in the half court to force them into foul trouble. That is the formula to beat them.

Of course, they are a very tough team and it is easy for me to come up with a game plan sitting here watching them on film but the game plan doesn't always work on the floor.
I am not sure I would call the SOC I a "tough and deep league" at this point.

The league is 18-23 out of conference. 6 of those wins are Grace Christian, Ohio Valley Christian, and West Union.

The league will be competitive in the D4 tournament I am sure, but it is far from a "tough and deep league". But that is just my opinion.

It makes sense that they are 18-23 out of conference considering all of the SOC1 schools are small even in comparison to other D4 schools. I just meant that these teams are very balanced this year in comparison to the rest of the SOC1 schools. Any of these teams can beat each other on any given night, with the exception of Clay maybe.

InTheJungle
Waterboy

Re: Tuesday,1/03/23 games and scores

Post by InTheJungle »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:06 pm
InTheJungle wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:22 am
Tigernation2021 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:23 pm

:lol: Nice wish that's how it worked, Eastern also beat Piketon and Burg unfortunately didn't really help us much with either of those 2 teams. After what Sissel just did to Waverly, I don't even want to think about the Stewart boy from Valley and what he'll end up with.
True. Though I do feel Piketon and Burg were possible wins. Take away the rough 1st quarter against Burg and having Nibert for entire Piketon game makes a big difference. Also I feel like Morton has really stepped up his game lately, and Haines is playing better just needs to continue to get stronger. Not saying they beat Valley but could definitely be a good game if Nibert is back, and we improve interior defense.
Nibert played 1st quarter at piketon and we had 7 turnovers. Morton has stepped up but it’s been without Nibert in the lineup so question is going to be will that continue and they mesh together or will he fade back. Haynes has stepped up the most in my mind without Nibert especially he has his moments but the hustle is there and he’s scoring inside, needs to work on the FT.
I agree with with turnovers in 1st quarter but they were only down by 2 at end of 1st quarter, just having Nibert out there gives us another ball handler, which allows Morton to play off ball which allows him to look to shoot. They did play together in Eastern game in which Nibert scored 17 and Morton scored 14 and Haynes 12 I believe, by far best played game of season. Beginning of year felt like Morton didn’t have confidence in shot and Haynes wasn’t playing aggressive and driving ball as much, both seem to be coming around with more varsity experience.

Return to “Boys Basketball”