CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

jgordon0315
JV Team

Re: CHESAPEAKE VS. PIKETON (DISTRICT FINAL, 03/12, 7:00)

Post by jgordon0315 »

peake wrote:
This right here is the difference imo. I think Wayne will abuse John on the offensive end, and if Wayne can keep John from going right, game over.

I want to see the OVC win obviously, but the Trojans are just so talented. I think the Dragons can run with the Trojans, but my concerns is what will they do to defend Portsmouth and who is going to keep Dion off the boards. I like Evan down low v Dion, but if Dion takes Evan outside imo he will take him off the dribble at will.

Portsmouth 63
Fairland 49

Hope I am wrong though.

Good luck Dragons!
I don't see one thing wrong with what I said. I am rooting for my conference, your guy is rooting for someone not in your conference. If we were playing one of your conference teams I would understand, but you're not. Oh here it comes, he is one of yours. Whatever.
You're a walking talking hypocrite......countless times I've seen you root for Lafon*not in the OVC last I checked* you're right.....Whatever.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Lafon is a Chesapeake grad!

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Just My Opinion wrote:
jgordon0315 wrote:
Just My Opinion wrote:We have no problem with you rooting for Piketon. All greenwave was doing was stating the facts of why tobias wanted a huge contingent to cheer for Piketon.
Ok then mr. Opinion, what's the facts to what greenwave is stating then.....since you keep dancing around what he's saying??? Is he saying Portsmouth is scared to face Chessy??? Or better yet, you answer.....why do you think we'll be rooting for Piketon????? Cause you seem to be greevwave's translator. Plain & simply stated, Piketon aint scared, Portsmouth aint scared....and I bet Fairland aint scared of Portsmouth......Basketball aint start with Chesapeake....but for da Trojans it could end, for now with Fairland and for the Peake it could end with Piketon, for now. Let's just take care of business now! and see who's still standing at the end of the day! I believe in da Trojans! Oh, and I'm still rooting for Lyce! Hahahaha, scared or ducking or don't wanna face da Peake!!!!!! Puh-leaze! If we lose to em, then the better team won that day!
It's pretty obvious gordon that Portsmouth would rather play Piketon or Garaway than the Panthers in the Regional Final (If both teams make it that far). By the way, if a team is scared at this point in the tournament then they don't even deserve to be at the Convo.

Oh by the way Gordon, Greenwave wanted me to let you know that he agrees with you about taking care of business, and he wouldn't want to face "Da Peake" either.
Well since you put it that way, i guess Chesapeake would rather face Fairland in da Regionals than Portsmouth, good point!

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Just My Opinion »

That would be nice, see what you can do to make that happen for us!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

earp wrote:Lafon is a Chesapeake grad!
I remember him teaching at Chesapeake in the early 90's.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

jgordon0315 wrote:Well since you put it that way, i guess Chesapeake would rather face Fairland in da Regionals than Portsmouth, good point!
I'm 100% sure Chesapeake would rather face Fairland than Portsmouth no matter which way it's put.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Lafon played for Chesapeake in 88', I know that for a fact, played against him in the district semis! lol

You guys start a thread, I will even title it for you, "The Peake/Portsmouth peeing contest!"

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

My pecking order is and always will be: 1. Chesapeake 2a. Lafon----due to my respect for him, our friendship, and he is a Chesapeake guy 2b. Norm Persin--self explanatory.

Again I don't get your point. I posted objectively on your thread and gave you more then enough compliments, I think you should do the same and stop trying to police this thread.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Chesapeake wrote:
earp wrote:Lafon is a Chesapeake grad!
I remember him teaching at Chesapeake in the early 90's.
My was my point exactly......Lafon and Chesapeake have a connection.....I thought people could understand what I was implying.....however, when Lyce was mentioned as having Portsmouth fans.......it got twisted to mean the Trojans are scared! You do realize Lisath is a PHS Trojan Hall of Famer and a state championship winner...I digress.....I'm for Lisath! Anyways, how good is the copley kid??? Serious question! I always thought McMaster was the better player...what do Peake fans think of Copley getting POY over McMasters

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake won't even be facing Portsmouth this year. Marker down.

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake won't even be facing Portsmouth this year. Marker down.
Chesapeake always seems to find a way to get another contest against Fairland or Ironton that aren't originally scheduled.

Either at the St. Joseph Invitational or in Athens usually.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Gordon -"I always thought McMaster was the better player...what do Peake fans think of Copley getting POY over McMasters"

Honestly, This years team has such a tight bond with each other that I'm sure that it didn't matter which one of them got it. They truely are that unselfish.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

Sorry gordon, I misread your question, I thought that you was asking what the players thoght of it, my bad.

I think that McMaster is a great player, and he has next year to lookforward to, but I think that Copley is the Captain of the ship. It just always seems that when its clutch time that Copley steps up to fill the role.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

It doesnt matter who received the poy. This group plays as a team and wins as a team. We should be proud as peake fans and alumni and continue to support this group of fine young men.

Just My Opinion
Riding the Bench

I agree peake71. I'm not just saying that because I'm from chesapeake, but I think that any coach in the country would love to coach a team like we have and what I'm saying has nothing to do with our record but they are just a team of quality, well mannered young men. Just watch them during the game, I have never seen them trash talk anyone, and when Coach Davis gets on them, you never see them back talk or pout, they just say yes sir and get back at it.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Tobias,

No you won't! :evil:

JG,

I think having two kids that could easily be POY is a good problem to have.

Copley is Stockton and McMaster is Malone imo. Copley sails the ship and I don't think anyone can debate that. McMaster is a next level talent in terms of playing at a high level.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Darn you Tobias!

Though they did get to the big dance.... :)

greenwave2332
Waterboy

Post by greenwave2332 »

Copley is the most unselfish player I have ever watched play.If he needs to score 25 he can but if he don't need to he is just as happy with 8 to 12 points 8 or 9 rebounds and 5 or 6 assist and win. He is the Captain of the ship just like was stated before and a great on at that! Like peake said what a huge problem it would be to have two poy canidates on one team!

Chesapeake
JV Team

Post by Chesapeake »

Tobias wrote:
Chesapeake wrote:Chesapeake won't even be facing Portsmouth this year. Marker down.
I hope that Coach Lisath and his team sees to that as well.

:mrgreen:
Yeah, at least they'll know a few days ahead of time to prepare. :122249

Sandbagger
Waterboy

Post by Sandbagger »

peake by 20 at least great team good luck to both gotta root for one of our own.

Return to “Boys Basketball”