Piketon vs. Valley

LIGHTSOUT
Riding the Bench

Re: Piketon vs. Valley

Post by LIGHTSOUT »

Dr_Know wrote:Once again, not a Valley fan. Also Joker before you point fingers you may want to invest in some English tutoring and use your spell check.
Dr. Know - maybe you should take your own advice, become friends with your spellcheck or Merriam Webster because your "grand kids" are actually your grandkids.

Piketon with Moore kicked butt in this game when it mattered.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

Lucasville was a hand full all game and the 3 pointers by them hurt the Streaks but Coach L kept changing things and players until he found what worked. On a night where things weren't at our best and Lucasville had a lot to do with it, it's why Coach L is one of the best. Friday night can't come fast enough!
Here Comes the Streaks!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Great win, Streaks!

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Just read in the paper Valley shot 33% from the floor and 48% from the line? If so, that's why they lost, not a late call.

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Valley had the advantage early and just couldn't sustain it. Like I said before the game Piketon has a lot of battle tested upperclassmen, and they understood that the game was 32 minutes long, not 24. They played well when they needed too. But, this Valkey team gained a ton more tourney experience this year, and I look for them to turn the tide next season.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Anyone know what the technical was for at the end of the game? I would have to think the coach said something really bad to deserve a technical at that point in the game

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Super Trooper wrote:Anyone know what the technical was for at the end of the game? I would have to think the coach said something really bad to deserve a technical at that point in the game
I couldn't hear what he said but didn't seem he deserved a T. I was right behind the basket and that was a bad call. Jump ball. I'm an athens fan

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I thought the foul call was good, I just would think he would have had to say something pretty bad to get a T

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

who does piketon play next?

WIFAN-22
Varsity

Post by WIFAN-22 »

Crookesville

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Word going around after the game was the coach looked at the official and said "You Suck" if that's the case not many officials going to let that one go no matter what time of the game. of course no one but the official and the coach know for sure. Crooksville will not be an easy out for Piketon. They just keep coming and coming and coming at you. They were for sure not an 8 seed.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

This one is in the books.....Great adjustments by the Streaks! I think Valley came out with more energy, the Streaks went big and played Zone, the 4th quarter got the wake up call is the season looked like it was coming to an end. Coach L said it best "A Higher Power" took over this. Colten Williams was exceptional in the 4th along with Jeremy Farmer. Craigen Moore was solid the entire game. Isaac and Zach didn't have their usual games...but did enough to help seal the deal....Streaks advance...Valley should be the top team in the SE District next season.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I was told at church that the shooting percentages listed in the paper were wrong, that Valley shot better at the line. So, sorry about that.

Preppy
Waterboy

Post by Preppy »

After watching several Indians games this season, I just had to register and state my opinion.
Coaching, coaching, coaching!
With a nice lead with 5 minutes or so remaining the Indians came down several times and one pass or no passes and fired up contested shots. Does this coaching staff understand clock management at all?
IMO that is what lost the game for them.
And the coaches riding the officials the entire game, this make themselves look very disrespectful and it is not only in this game. Just watch them in any game, whether it be good, bad, decent or poor officiating the coaches seem to worry about the officials more than they do coaching the game. If they would put as much effort into coaching as they do worrying about officiating just think how good this talented team could really be.
And the assistant coach following the ref and yelling at him after the game, I understand emotions but does this really teach the kids what coaches are suppossed to be teaching them?
I am sure I will be hounded for this my first ever post but I just had to state my opinion.

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

preppy wrote:After watching several Indians games this season, I just had to register and state my opinion.
With a nice lead with 5 minutes or so remaining the Indians came down several times and one pass or no passes and fired up contested shots. Does this coaching staff understand clock management at all?
And the coaches riding the officials the entire game, this make themselves look very disrespectful and it is not only in this game. Just watch them in any game, whether it be good, bad, decent or poor officiating the coaches seem to worry about the officials more than they do coaching the game. If they would put as much effort into coaching as they do worrying about officiating just think how good this talented team could really be.
And the assistant coach following the ref and yelling at him after the game, I understand emotions but does this really teach the kids what coaches are suppossed to be teaching them?
I am sure I will be hounded for this my first ever post but I just had to state my opinion.
I agree. I do feel the Valley Fans are some of the worst about blaming the refs for every loss or situation. I have even seen them trash talk opposing coaches during the game. They have lost site of cheering on their team and have focused on the intagables like a spoiled kid :oops:

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Another sad post by CCC. You really need to take a long look in the mirror. Dogging entire communities behind the comfort of a computer screen and the safety of a screen name...lol

CCC
Riding the Bench

Post by CCC »

Eaglesnest wrote:Another sad post by CCC. You really need to take a long look in the mirror. Dogging entire communities behind the comfort of a computer screen and the safety of a screen name...lol
Nah. just calling it as I see it. As you have always done on this site. You can reveal your name as well. But I've got you thinking now and that was my goal. mentally soft when it comes to defending yourself. The reason I know this is because the ultimate frustration is when you ask someone to reveal their name instead of displaying your relative lack of knowledge of the content material :lol:

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Eaglesnest wrote:Streaks by 8
CCC,

LAck of knowledge I picked the winner...lol And defend what?

pm me a date, time, and place and I will be glad to meet you to discuss hoops since you think you know me and are in my head.....lol I could care less if you know who I am. I am nobody and have no secrets. I am just a fan of basketball in our area and I follow a few area teams. I have even followed the Falcons closely at times as some of my family moved through few years back. No secrets here. But, by your posts, I doubt you want people to know who you are. Take me up on it?

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

preppy wrote:After watching several Indians games this season, I just had to register and state my opinion.
I attended both the Valley-West game and Valley-Piketon game. In both contests, my friend and I got a good laugh at how much complaining there was to the officials. Throughout the West game, every call against Valley was a bad call according to Valley fans. EVERY SINGLE CALL! Then, when Piketon started picking up the pressure in their game, the Valley staff began riding the officials. The officials are human. Yes, they are going to make mistakes. The job may look easy from the stands, but I challenge anyone to take on that pressure in that type of atmosphere. Coaches (and fans) need to worry about motivating these kids to be successful and make the needed adjustments and eliminating the yelling and screaming. Kids need to understand that sometimes things aren't always going to go the way they want it to (the way the ball bounces, the fouls that aren't seen, etc.). This also goes for the "Game of Life".

It amazes me how much some of the officials put up with. Yes, the Valley coach received a "T", but SHOULD he have received it much earlier? I may be wrong, but wasn't there still some time on the clock and Valley was only a possession away?
Yes, Valley had a rough 2nd and 4th quarter. It may have very well been their worst performance of the year, but it may have also been Piketon's poorest game. It's unfortunate that either of these teams had to lose. Great kids, great athletes, and outstanding communities. Great season Valley, SOC CHAMPS! Nothing to hang your head about. You are going to be TOUGH next year. I've also heard rumors that Valley may move down to DIV?

Good luck to the Streaks on Friday night. I wish I could attend, but I'll say Piketon in a close one. It's Basketball Thirty, there is no better time of the year and no better location in high school basketball than the middle of March at the Convo!

roundball
Waterboy

Post by roundball »

Last edited by roundball on Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”