East District Division IV

Sportsfan01
JV Team

Re: East District Division IV

Post by Sportsfan01 »

East district did not disappoint tonight. River going down was a shock. I said earlier in the year that Caldwell would not make it out of sectionals.

Tigerpride22
Waterboy

Post by Tigerpride22 »

Nice win by Monroe Central tonight. 64/57.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Caldwell can score, but their defense is usually non existent against good teams. Sad ending for Caldwell, but not surprised.

PVCGuru
Freshman Team

Post by PVCGuru »

It was a great game to watch. But it wasn’t pretty for either team.

It’s a shame Shadyside was the 7 seed. That process needs to change

That should have been a District game, not a sectional final.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:03 pm East district did not disappoint tonight. River going down was a shock. I said earlier in the year that Caldwell would not make it out of sectionals.
I am not shocked River lost but I certainly wouldn't have picked it. Beating a tough team three times is certainly a large task.

I have said all year River has been on upset alert just due to their style of play. If you keep the score low enough, you allow all teams to stay in the game.
River shot 10/41 from the field for the game. I don't know free throws but River I know missed 5 in a row at a point in the second half.

The score wouldn't indicate this but River really couldn't stop Shadyside in the second half when he attacked the hoop. Shadyside's turnovers keep the game close because once they got shots off, they were scoring. Shadyside shot 10/15 from the field in the second half.

Isaly's foul trouble early didn't allow him to get into the game much at all for River. He definitely didn't seem to have a feel for the flow of the game all evening, probably resulting in more turnovers with him not always being out there.

The fact remains that River can't go where they want to go without having a player that they can give the ball to to get them a bucket. They return their top 3 scorers and 4 out of their top 7. They will be great again next year. But certainly a disappointing end of the season to not win their conference or the sectional.
Last edited by allOhiotraveler on Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

PVCGuru wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:15 am It was a great game to watch. But it wasn’t pretty for either team.

It’s a shame Shadyside was the 7 seed. That process needs to change

That should have been a District game, not a sectional final.
Regional seeding can't come soon enough. The East district had 8 teams that could've won Columbus's district easily.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

E High wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:01 am Caldwell can score, but their defense is usually non existent against good teams. Sad ending for Caldwell, but not surprised.
Defense definitely got them. MC made 5 huge threes in the third. The Kowalsky kid tried to play but wasn’t a factor. They missed him on the boards. I think this was good experience for them, no senior scored a point tonight, the two juniors and two freshmen combined for all 57 if I’m not mistaken. They’re going to be really good next year with those 4 and a couple of very good younger kids moving up from the JV squad.

Return to “Boys Basketball”