DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

Re: DIV 4 Northwest Sectional Seeding Predictions

Post by JustPlayBasketball12 »

I am not understanding how Clay is the 1 seed. Yes they beat East but they have also lost to ND, Eastern, and East. You have them over 2 teams that they have lost 2. Yes they have only lost 3 games and records do mean something but I do not see Clay getting the 1 seed. Peebles may slip to 4 seed if Clay beats ND tomorrow night. Could ND manage to get a 3 seed if they beat Clay? If ND beats Clay, I think Clay will be a 5 seed with a possibility of ND getting 3 seed and Peebles 4 seed depending on how Peebles does this week. Very important week coming up!

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

To advance you have to beat whoever is put in front of you. Play harder ,get some breaks .These are all good teams who worked hard all season to advance in the one and done season. Congrats to all the teams and good luck.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I believe that the 1 could go to any of those top 5 teams honestly. Clay has the best record so that is who I am going with. If clay wins Tuesday then they def should get it in my opinion. I could see east getting a better seed than Eastern but I am not sure it will happen. Eastern beat peebles and has losses against a very tough valley as well as wellston and also a d2 waverly team.

Like I said it could go either way but that is just my opinion. The top 5 can all be mixed and the 6-8 seeds could all go either way with Western Webster and Leesburg.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

In all honesty, The seedings are about what match up is best for you! If Team A sees a match up they like and Team B sees a match up they like, those two teams can lobby to get the seed that they want. No matter what their record is.

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

I think East is the 1 seed, Eastern 2 seed because they have beat Peebles, close valley game. Clay right now is my 3 seed, Peebles 4 and ND 5. I have clay behind Eastern because Eastern beat Clay in head to head. Eastern over Peebles because Eastern beat Peebles head to head. ND can get their argument for a 3 seed if they beat Clay because they would of been them 2x.Could Peebles fall to a 4 seed if clay beats ND? But I think the top 5 teams are east, eastern, clay, peebles, and notre dame. The 1,2,3 seeds will determine the 6-11. Depends on who the top 3 teams want to play. Like I said if a top team sees a match up they like that's who they will vote for that seed. Webster/Western are teams that can beat a top team on any given night.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I look for Webster to do a lot of damage!! Anyone and beat anyone on a given night!!!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:I am not understanding how Clay is the 1 seed. Yes they beat East but they have also lost to ND, Eastern, and East. You have them over 2 teams that they have lost 2. Yes they have only lost 3 games and records do mean something but I do not see Clay getting the 1 seed. Peebles may slip to 4 seed if Clay beats ND tomorrow night. Could ND manage to get a 3 seed if they beat Clay? If ND beats Clay, I think Clay will be a 5 seed with a possibility of ND getting 3 seed and Peebles 4 seed depending on how Peebles does this week. Very important week coming up!
Clay is the 1 seed because they beat East at home by 20 + and was up by 35..their best game of the year thus far and probably East worst game. That 1 win makes them the 1 seed. I mean thats all thats being mentioned when asked why they should be the 1 seed...I say make em the 1 seed. The best team will always be the last one standing. ..that must be overstood(not a word) not understood lol

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Once you get out of this sectional anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if someone from this sectional made a DEEP run in the tournament.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

I would say Clay is getting mentioned for the one seed because they have the best record as of right now. I don't believe that anyone has a better record then 13-3 right now do they?

JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

asb wrote:
JustPlayBasketball12 wrote:I am not understanding how Clay is the 1 seed. Yes they beat East but they have also lost to ND, Eastern, and East. You have them over 2 teams that they have lost 2. Yes they have only lost 3 games and records do mean something but I do not see Clay getting the 1 seed. Peebles may slip to 4 seed if Clay beats ND tomorrow night. Could ND manage to get a 3 seed if they beat Clay? If ND beats Clay, I think Clay will be a 5 seed with a possibility of ND getting 3 seed and Peebles 4 seed depending on how Peebles does this week. Very important week coming up!
Clay is the 1 seed because they beat East at home by 20 + and was up by 35..their best game of the year thus far and probably East worst game. That 1 win makes them the 1 seed. I mean thats all thats being mentioned when asked why they should be the 1 seed...I say make em the 1 seed. The best team will always be the last one standing. ..that must be overstood(not a word) not understood lol
This seems to be the only reason :lol: :lol: :lol:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

On probably Wednesday, I'm going to do some research on these teams and give a 100% objective ranking, just for fun. Especially since I have absolutely no rooting interest.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Western24 wrote:I would say Clay is getting mentioned for the one seed because they have the best record as of right now. I don't believe that anyone has a better record then 13-3 right now do they?

Correct.

The East supporters keep saying that Clay's losses to Eastern and Notre Dame (two solid teams) should effect Clay's seed, but East's loss against South Webster shouldn't effect East's seed.

It's quite humorous.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
JustPlayBasketball12
Riding the Bench

It does effect their seed, East beat ND x2 and Eastern x2 and clay once. Clay lost to eastern and notre dame. If East would of loss to Eastern or ND then I don't think East would be the 1 seed but with them beating Eastern and ND twice than they are a lock for the 1 seed.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Western24 wrote:I would say Clay is getting mentioned for the one seed because they have the best record as of right now. I don't believe that anyone has a better record then 13-3 right now do they?
No they dont...Could clay beat Huntington St. Joe? I doubt it so that would be their 4th lose lol gotta factor in opponents if youre just going to go by their number of Ls...they have Ls to 3 teams in their own league as well. Too bad the draw isnt at the end of season

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

I will say this..East isnt as strong as they were with Eli Eaton.....their only Ls have came in his absence I believe. ...

Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

The coaches are going to draw straws since nobody will be happy anyway. Short straw gets 1 seed.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Not sure how much more objective this can be. There are five 12+ win teams already in this sectional. East is 5-1 against them. Clay is 1-3, with 2 games still to play. What if, and it is possible, that Clay loses both? Are they still the #1?

That is what is humorous. Eastern over East despite East having the better record and 2 wins head to head? That is also humorous?

Bbjunky & Western24, present us with arguments supported by facts and numbers, not your clear bias.

rosemount guy
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount guy »

Agree with asb East not the same team we played early in the season. If it is the loss of players he would have much better input than most. I have not argued Clay's seed on this topic, only discussion how well they are playing AT THIS TIME against recent competition like East and South Webster.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

TheSportsGuy wrote:Not sure how much more objective this can be. There are five 12+ win teams already in this sectional. East is 5-1 against them. Clay is 1-3, with 2 games still to play. What if, and it is possible, that Clay loses both? Are they still the #1?

That is what is humorous. Eastern over East despite East having the better record and 2 wins head to head? That is also humorous?

Bbjunky & Western24, present us with arguments supported by facts and numbers, not your clear bias.
I am giving you numbers.. I never said Clay could beat ST. Joe. But didn't EAST lose to them as well. So that is irrelevant. Clay has lost to three teams in their league. Yes, but at the end of the day they also beat a team that East lost too. plus they split with East. Ill give you east over Eastern. But Clay and EAST could go either way.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

I was saying clay would have 4 Ls if they did play St Joe..i know they could not beat them...had East played Clays Schedule then they may only have 1 lose...possibly 2...Last year Clay handled their business,won the league and got the seeding they deserved.....this year is different,clay didn't handle their business in league play and East has. I still believe Clay last year was a better team than Clay this year(my opinion) . On neutral floor I believe East beats Clay. The tournament is on a neutral floor...better hope Clay beats Peebles or ND in the first round of sectionals

Return to “Boys Basketball”