SEOPS Hippo

Re: Division IV Southeast District Tournament teams/records

Post by Ironman92 »

lol

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Who has St. Joe beaten on the road? Just a question. Other than East our schedule is.......Southern two times(3 seed), Eastern(#1 seed), Oak Hill(#1 seed), Wahama (Beat Southern), Symmes Valley( Double Digit wins), and East. Not a bad schedule....In my mind. 85 wins for those teams.......

socsportsfan1
Freshman Team

Post by socsportsfan1 »

Sparky, I too believe Whiteoak recieved all the 1st place votes in 03. Not the argument. You and Ironman can check the 03 bracket from ohsaa.org, 4 shl teams plus western (1st year in soc) and I believe there was an SOC team who helped put it to Green that year as well. 6 votes there by my count. I think the big stink from the draw that year was Fairfield manuevering itself below a pitiful Notre Dame team to get in position to play Western, then Green. This allowed them to avoid a sectional final vs. Whiteoak. I don't think some of the SOC schools forgot that..... did I unveil enough for you Ironman?

No, the SOC I schools have not have not had a tremendous amount of success at the district level in the past decade. They have had some. Besides Manchester just the past couple seasons who has from the SHL in D-IV besides Whiteoak? Whiteoak has been tremendously successful the past decade in D-IV, but not the case for Manchester, Fairfield, North Adams, and Peebles. The SOC I schools are a little smaller, and as is the case with all small schools there are generally cycles. Most of the SOC I schools also field football teams (different argument, still makes a difference). Throughout the 90's Green and East from the SOC I had a lot of success at the district level. Maybe this new decade will belong to someone else...........

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

St. Joe has 2 wins at home and has won at East and on a neutral court against Notre Dame.

superman06
Riding the Bench

Post by superman06 »

[quote="futurebkstar"]Who has St. Joe beaten on the road? Just a question. Other than East our schedule is.......Southern two times(3 seed), Eastern(#1 seed), Oak Hill(#1 seed), Wahama (Beat Southern), Symmes Valley( Double Digit wins), and East. Not a bad schedule....In my mind. 85 wins for those teams.......[/quote]

So, you're saying that you can't beat a good basketball team.....thank goodness for the Christian school tour!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Superman06 wrote:

So, you're saying that you can't beat a good basketball team.....thank goodness for the Christian school tour!

Well, the question was how did St. Joe get seeded below South Gallia. I answered the question. Now as far as your above question. If St. Joe is a good basketball team then yes we can beat a good basketball team. As far as the christian tour thing goes, that is funny. We graduated 10 seniors two seasons ago and 10 seniors three years ago. We are in the process of rebuilding. Our kids struggled early in the season losing to Southern by 40 points and the second time was down 4 in the 4th quarter but youth hurt us down the stretch. Out of our top 10 kids, 7 of them are sophmores on the varsity. Before we graduated those kids I remember two teams coming out of the sectional, we had to go through Reedsville and TVC Champion Trimble. The only time trimble led was a 2-0 lead in that game. The next season, South Gallia started off 0-8 and we were worried that we would never get a win. We went against Cunningham and TVC champs Waterford and we missed a game winner in overtime to advance. We finished that season with a 10-10 record. Thats pretty good when we started out 0-8. This team is doing somewhat the same. They have started playing as a team and all I said is dont count them out and you guys say your stupid remarks. We play St. Joe friday and I will post the game emmediately afterward, win or lose. I just think South Gallia is now a better team. I get to see them play everyday. You guys probably have never even seen them at all. If you look at another thread I said dont count out South Gallia against Southern!!!! So, that will answer your above question....

obpg
Waterboy

Post by obpg »

Since when did road wins count for more than home wins? If it wasnt for the Christian school tour, South Gallia would have one win. Congrats on your seed and your first round exit.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

North Adams was only D4 a few times......and I think they went to the final 4 and were ripped off on a shot after the buzzer

Since you mentioned North Adams and no success????

What team (of the 70 in the SE district) currently has the longest consecutive streak of years of reaching teh districts.....the answer of those 70 possible teams is North Adams.....and the answer before it was North Adams.....Whiteoak.

Thanks for the info in 2003....I will agree with you the SHL coaches got their way.....but I would not be on here saying "life isn't fair" or barking about 7 years ago.......I would simply agree that it is wrong...it was wrong in 2003 and it was wrong in any other year coaches purposely did something below what they actually thought. IMO that should not be a factor at all....but instead it is the biggest factor.

Wasn't it back when Ironton nearly knocked off Mayo and BIll Walker in the D3 Finals that Ironton's coach didn't even bother going to the sectional seedings meeting.......and doesn't that ensure you being the lowest seed if you are not there.

I'm ready for the Harbin system. lol It'll never ever happen...but it would be more fair.

I know sparky...you gotta beat someone sometime.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Iornman you need to look a little better at your history books WESTERN AT 17-3 HAD TO PLAY CAM IN HIS FIRST GAME BACK AT SECIONALS AT VALLEY AND CLAY BEAT SO DONT SAY WE DODGED ANYONE the next year we got the 1 seed and went on to the elite 8 make sure you know your history when putting together a conspiracy theory!!
p.s. CAM HAD 28 ON US THAT GAME HE WAS A BEAST!!!

The Flying Dutchman
Varsity

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I don't think anyone said St. Joe was playing better than South Gallia right now. The question was how was SG seeded higher than ISJ despite losing to the Flyers by 14 or 15 earlier in the season. SG had a better record but very few quality wins. ISJ's schedule was top heavy, with many tough and many road games early in the season. ISJ still have only played 6 home games this season. I will give SG credit that they improve from start to finish every year which is a true sign of good coaching. As far as Friday goes, going to SG has never been easy for the Flyers. I do not remember the last time we won there ( if ever) but by the same token I don't remember the last time SG won in Ironton. I am glad though that futurebkstar will be around to post the score(win or lose) because he/she was nowhere to be found after the first game ;-) good luck to both in the tourney. GO FLYERS!!!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

lightle,
where are the good players from that regional team playing now?

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Mcloud is the only one on a college team he had some grade issues last year but is red shirted this year and has been working hard at the books and will return to the floor for shawnee next year. He is the only one playing basketball KIER got a scollarship to LANDER UNIVERSITY IN NORTH CAROLINA A NCAA D2 SCHOOL to play baseball. He has a family illness a has returned recently to ohio to persue his carrer at either rio or shawnee im not sure whitch he will attend .Smithson AND SHANKS are enrolled at shawnee.White i have not seen or heard from in a while i have heard he was playing at ouc but im not for sure.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

The flying dutchman wrote:

I don't think anyone said St. Joe was playing better than South Gallia right now. The question was how was SG seeded higher than ISJ despite losing to the Flyers by 14 or 15 earlier in the season.

I agree noone asked who was playing better at this time. But thanks. The reason South Gallia got the better seed is they are playing better. lets compare schedules......Whats the win loss records of the teams st. joe plays? Im not taking anything from st. joe because the coach does a great job.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lightle..you are correct...it was SW avoiding successfully while WO and Western had to face Cam.

sometimes I'm stupid

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia 56
Ironton St. Joe 49

Keep working hard!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Eastern Pike over Green tonight. They move to 15-2 (13-0 SOC1)

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Where are you at superman06? I said I would give you guys credit.....But South Gallia is playing better right now. The seeds are correct.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I'd like to hear why you are so sure that "the seeds are right". Is it because South Gallia beat St. Joe last night?

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

No, Reedsville is the best team in this sectional. Beaver just beat Symmes Valley for the 2nd time. Southern has beaten Trimble. Trimble and Symmes are the next best teams. So that leaves #6-9. South Gallia, Waterford, St. Joe, and Miller. When there is only two teams that comes out of this sectional, the bottom 4 has to go through two good teams so it really doesnt matter. Those last four will have to play exceptional basketball to make things happen.

Return to “Boys Basketball”