DIV - MEIGS SECTIONAL

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Re: Meigs D-4 sectional.

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

Lightle what TVC team is playing well? Southern beat Trimble so I understand trimble, but MIller got humiliated by Eastern. Waterford has lost 9 out of 10. SG is struggling???

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I'm not saying there on a streak. I'm saying they are playing better . Southern I think has 9 wins. Now they can still finish above .500 . And Symmes has 9 wins just saying the coaches could make an argument with them haveing equal wins and Symmes looseing to a at the time 4 win Green team.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Bulldog wrote:To put into perspective how crazy this draw will be ...

Miller - 64
Trimble - 75

Miller - 63
Trimble - 40

Miller - 78
Eastern - 42

Miller - 54
Eastern - 69

* How the heck are you suppose to judge that?
Lets add:

Miller - 62
Southern - 72

Miller 56
Southern - 37

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

After Beaver Eastern, I have no idea how you'd seed this sectional. Crazy scores and upsets nightly.*

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Eastern Pike is the only team out of this sectional that doesn't have a losing record. SV hasn't played enough of their games or they would have a losing record too. EP is the only team that deserves to advance.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Grinder wrote:Eastern Pike is the only team out of this sectional that doesn't have a losing record. SV hasn't played enough of their games or they would have a losing record too. EP is the only team that deserves to advance.
You are crazy. Symmes valley wont have a losing record. I agree they shouldnt of lost to maybe either team the last two games. Rock hill just went into overtime with coal grove and took fairland to the wire.

Symmes Valley is 9-8 lost to rock hill
Southern lost to wahama and has double digit losses plus hasnt beat a team w winning record
Trimble lost to miller by 20 which just got embarassed by eastern
St joe lost to a bad new boston team

Symmes valley has wins agains a few teams with winning records. Probably against the #1 and #2 seed in the valley in notre dame and east. Say what you want but symmes valley has a better record and better wins than does southern and trimble. Ifif you have an argument then talk but no team does. I am a huge symmes valley fan and actually missed last nights game but rock hill hasnt been playing bad at all. With the teams in the sectional Symmes Valley is still the #2 team.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

You are probably right but as a Eastern pike fan and a SOC fan Symmes is in a sectional that's TVC loaded I wish they wasn't limping in. It gives the TVC ammo come Sunday maybe Friday they can right the ship. Good luck Symmes.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

This sectional is a mess.

Eastern Pike is the 1. Symmes Valey is the 2 even with the loss to Green (Southern did not take advantage and win to move up)

3-9 Put all the names in a hat and randomly draw them. None of the teams would hae a gripe regardless of where they fall.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

lightle04 wrote:You are probably right but as a Eastern pike fan and a SOC fan Symmes is in a sectional that's TVC loaded I wish they wasn't limping in. It gives the TVC ammo come Sunday maybe Friday they can right the ship. Good luck Symmes.
Im still waiting to hear the ammo they have. There is honestly no ammo. They all have losses to teams they shouldnt. But only one team after Eastern Pike has quality wins and that is Symmes Valley.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

If come time for the draw a TVC team has as many wins as Symmes that's all they will need

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

Symmesvalley2013 wrote:
lightle04 wrote:You are probably right but as a Eastern pike fan and a SOC fan Symmes is in a sectional that's TVC loaded I wish they wasn't limping in. It gives the TVC ammo come Sunday maybe Friday they can right the ship. Good luck Symmes.
Im still waiting to hear the ammo they have. There is honestly no ammo. They all have losses to teams they shouldnt. But only one team after Eastern Pike has quality wins and that is Symmes Valley.

The ammo would be a losing to a team that you should have beat. It also being closer to the draw then some of SV's quality wins makes a difference even though it shouldn't. It's kind of the, what have you done lately thing. Not saying it's the right or wrong way to look at it just saying it is "ammo" that a coach or coaches could use to bump SV out of the 2 seed.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

I have never seen a draw like this. Everyone outside of Pike is all in a pile. I have no idea whats going to happen, it will be interesting.
SV might have beat ND, but the coaches of the TVC will look to knock them down after a loss to Green and a 3 point win against SG who is the bottom of the TVC
Southern got hammered last night by Miller, but split with Trimble
Eastern just humiliated Miller, and beat Southern already, but Eastern dropped 2 to Trimble.
Trimble just lost to Wahama. Plus Trimble split with Southern and Miller, AND lost to South Gallia.
Waterford looks like the clear #9 seed even tho they beat Fed. Hock. they got swept by Southern, but have a big game tonight vs Eastern and Friday vs Trimble.
SG- has been within 2-5 in about every game, just can't finish the deal. They have 2 home games Friday and Saturday with FEd. and Eastern.
ISJ- Lost to New Boston last night...ouch

I WILL PROMISE YOU THIS THAT THERE WILL NOT BE 2 TVC TEAMS PLAYING IN THE 8-9 GAME. IT WILL BE ISJ VS. Eastern, SG, or Waterford depending on how this week goes

CRAZINESS!!! MARCH MADNESS!!!!!

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Per the TVC website managed by the famous Dog....

Eastern Pike
14-2
Symmes Valley
9-8
Trimble
9-11
Southern
9-10
Miller
8-11
St. Joe
6-12
South Gallia
5-12
Waterford
5-9
Reedsville Eastern
5-12

I agree the Green loss was a bad one for Symmes (but did see where Green beat Manchester last night also). But look at the TVC schools records. Does any of them have an argument over Symmes who does have a win over the likely #1 at Lucasville? I am not so sure that this season there shouldnt be 2 TVC schools playing in the 8-9 game but agree with Big Shooter that if possible the TVC coaches will try to vote 1 school out of the cellar.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Famous? I don't know about that ... 'good looking, charming'? perhaps.

:)

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

Symmesvalley2013 wrote:
Grinder wrote:Eastern Pike is the only team out of this sectional that doesn't have a losing record. SV hasn't played enough of their games or they would have a losing record too. EP is the only team that deserves to advance.
You are crazy. Symmes valley wont have a losing record. I agree they shouldnt of lost to maybe either team the last two games. Rock hill just went into overtime with coal grove and took fairland to the wire.

Symmes Valley is 9-8 lost to rock hill
Southern lost to wahama and has double digit losses plus hasnt beat a team w winning record
Trimble lost to miller by 20 which just got embarassed by eastern
St joe lost to a bad new boston team

Symmes valley has wins agains a few teams with winning records. Probably against the #1 and #2 seed in the valley in notre dame and east. Say what you want but symmes valley has a better record and better wins than does southern and trimble. Ifif you have an argument then talk but no team does. I am a huge symmes valley fan and actually missed last nights game but rock hill hasnt been playing bad at all. With the teams in the sectional Symmes Valley is still the #2 team.

My statement was Eastern Pike is the only team with a decent record in this sectional. I'm crazy for saying Symmes Valley won't have a winning record? They were 9-5 and are now 9-8. It don't look like to me any of these teams want the #2 seed and the way they are all playing there is not one team that deserves it. I hope I don't see any complaining if a team doesn't get it. The best way to do this sectional would be Eastern Pike #1 and put the rest in a hat and draw because the rest of the teams don't deserve the #2.

Golfer101
JV Team

Post by Golfer101 »

I agree with Grinder. I am very disappointed in the TVC teams this year. I thought Trimble would step up and take the #2 seed but I thought wrong.

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

If Eastern wins both games this weekend I see them getting 5 over Southern.

Pike
SV- couls get 3 seed with a loss and If miller or trimble win 2 this weekend
Miller/Trimble-depends on who wins this weekend in there games
Miller/Trimble-ditto
Eastern-if they win both
Southern-could be 5th with a Eastern loss or a win over NY
Waterford-win over fed enough to get out of toliet
Isj- loss to NB will haunt them
SG- could flip wwith waterford with a win this weekend

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

BigShooter wrote:If Eastern wins both games this weekend I see them getting 5 over Southern.

Pike
SV- couls get 3 seed with a loss and If miller or trimble win 2 this weekend
Miller/Trimble-depends on who wins this weekend in there games
Miller/Trimble-ditto
Eastern-if they win both
Southern-could be 5th with a Eastern loss or a win over NY
Waterford-win over fed enough to get out of toliet
Isj- loss to NB will haunt them
SG- could flip wwith waterford with a win this weekend

I'm not sure a 5-12 Reedsville Eastern team should jump ahead of a 9-10 Southern team even if they win both games this weekend. I know Eastern beat them earlier in the year, but I dont think they play again until after the draw?

CoachBrittonFL
Freshman Team

Post by CoachBrittonFL »

SOCFAN-If Eastern wins both they will be 8-12. Southern would be 9-12 and with Eastern beating Southern basically records would be basically the same, plus Eastern would have a better league record than them Tornadoes. Everyone is forgetting that Eastern played with out 2 of there best 3 players until after xmas break.

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

BigShooter wrote:SOCFAN-If Eastern wins both they will be 8-12. Southern would be 9-12 and with Eastern beating Southern basically records would be basically the same, plus Eastern would have a better league record than them Tornadoes. Everyone is forgetting that Eastern played with out 2 of there best 3 players until after xmas break.

Had no idea Eastern was short handed, I only know Carnahan(sp) is a beast and scores by the truckload so that's the extent of my knowledge of this years team.

I guess if your scenario does play out I could see them bumping Southern back a spot. That's still a quite a few what if's, like I said before the middle of the road in this sectional is basically a coin flip so nothing will surprise me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”