2021-2022 SVC

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Re: 2021-2022 SVC

Post by Svcguru »

BackTap wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:19 am Thoughts on the svc all league honors?
First team & Poy was spot on! I think Stonerock and Robinson should of been reversed. Congrats to all the players!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace wins the only sectional, has a good matchup for them against an undersized Chesapeake squad.

Peake will be ready, but I like the matchup for the Pioneers.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:05 pm Zane Trace wins the only sectional, has a good matchup for them against an undersized Chesapeake squad.

The SVC shows the weakness of the league this year. I said earlier that ZT would be the only team make it to the District Tournament. They struggled with Meigs for three quarters. Meigs was awful at the line. Chesapeake lacks height which will be a big advantage for ZT, but the Peake likes to get the ball up the floor.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:11 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:05 pm Zane Trace wins the only sectional, has a good matchup for them against an undersized Chesapeake squad.

The SVC shows the weakness of the league this year. I said earlier that ZT would be the only team make it to the District Tournament. They struggled with Meigs for three quarters. Meigs was awful at the line. Chesapeake lacks height which will be a big advantage for ZT, but the Peake likes to get the ball up the floor.
I wouldn’t necessarily say Zt struggled with Meigs. Meigs did enough to hang around for 3 quarters. I never felt Zt was in trouble of losing the game. They have been a 2nd half team all year. I think that Zt’s size and physical play wears teams down. Going forward though they can’t afford to start slow and let teams hang around. If Zt can slow down Chesapeakes guard play and force it to the big men down low they should be fine.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Svcguru wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:53 pm
petesweaty wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:11 pm

I wouldn’t necessarily say Zt struggled with Meigs. Meigs did enough to hang around for 3 quarters. I never felt Zt was in trouble of losing the game. They have been a 2nd half team all year. I think that Zt’s size and physical play wears teams down. Going forward though they can’t afford to start slow and let teams hang around. If Zt can slow down Chesapeakes guard play and force it to the big men down low they should be fine.
Struggled or let the other team hang around that you have 10x more talent than. Same thing. One point game late in the 3rd. ZT plays down to their competition too much and like you said, those bad starts are going to burn them sooner or later.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

SVC basketball was very weak this winter. It showed at tournament time.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Agree, Bozo. ZT folded against a team that had only one kid listed as 6’, a team that ran and played pesky defense. Kellough stopped coaching, for the most part, and yelled at the officials and complained to his assistants instead. His players seemed to adopt his actions about complaining and making inappropriate remarks to the officials. Wasn’t a good look at all.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

mikepike wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:18 pm Agree, Bozo. ZT folded against a team that had only one kid listed as 6’, a team that ran and played pesky defense. Kellough stopped coaching, for the most part, and yelled at the officials and complained to his assistants instead. His players seemed to adopt his actions about complaining and making inappropriate remarks to the officials. Wasn’t a good look at all.
Yep, that’s him

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

mikepike wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:18 pm Agree, Bozo. ZT folded against a team that had only one kid listed as 6’, a team that ran and played pesky defense. Kellough stopped coaching, for the most part, and yelled at the officials and complained to his assistants instead. His players seemed to adopt his actions about complaining and making inappropriate remarks to the officials. Wasn’t a good look at all.
Zt looked slow, Chesapeake was all over the place it seemed. Chesapeake wanted it more and it definitely showed. As Far as Coach K, his resume speaks for itself. He has won 3 league titles in 4 years. It’s been rumored he might retire but he does have a grandson still left in the program who will be a junior, so who knows.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

37 years as a Head Coach. 520+ wins. I think I would enjoy the rest of my life, but that is me.

Return to “Boys Basketball”