Waverly @ Rock Hill

91Grad
JV Team

Post by 91Grad »

WOW!! I thought Waverly was supposed to contend for the SOC title..Looks like they are struggling right now, looks like 8 pts @ half time against Rock Hill due they not have any shooters or was it ANOTHER off night for this ball club??

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

91Grad wrote:WOW!! I thought Waverly was supposed to contend for the SOC title..Looks like they are struggling right now, looks like 8 pts @ half time against Rock Hill due they not have any shooters or was it ANOTHER off night for this ball club??

There were some turnovers but Rock Hill played good team defense and showed some full pressure as well... a pleasant sight to see. The Redmen needed that first win... HEY... we're ahead of schedule, last year we didn't make a run until we had lost the first 5... this could be a good sign that things are turning around!

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

REDMEN FAN wrote:great job redmen. wow and you didn't get smoked
no they did'nt get smoked,BUT 42 TO 39 IS NOT AN IMPRESSIVE WIN EITHER. :oops: :oops: .but hey a win is a win any way you look at it,BUT I WILL SAY THIS THEY WILL HAVE TO PLAY ALOT BETTER THAN THEY DID TUESDAY NIGHT TO BEAT THE PEAKE THIS FRIDAY NIGHT..

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

rock hill @ chesapeake..hmmm the peake by 10 points,shoemaker is TOUGH HE HAD 31 AGANIST A VERY GOOD RIVER VALLEY TEAM..

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

i'll take that bet how much

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

REDMEN FAN wrote:i'll take that bet how much
MAKE IT EASY ON YOURSELF,ALL YOU WANT.. :lol: :lol:

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

repoman 111 wrote:
MAKE IT EASY ON YOURSELF,ALL YOU WANT.. :lol: :lol:

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

Waverly is going to struggle to score points. Walls is going to get his share but the rest of the team has got to step up and make some shots. Shooting from the outside is going to be a problem again this year just like in past years for the Tigers. They are too inconsistent as shooters and until they become better, Walls is going to face double teams all year long.

tiger_4_ever
Waterboy

Post by tiger_4_ever »

Tigers played the first half at Rock Hill like the 4th quarter at Northwest. Careless with ball and/or trying to force passes. Shooting may be slow in improving but passing, rebounding and defense must stay consistent for the Tigers to have success. The defense improved at Rock Hill in comparison to Northwest.

I think Waverly has some players (other then Walls) that are capable of providing some consistent scoring but don't seem comfortable or certain of their roles!

One thing for sure, the coaches will keeping working hard and find the right combination/solution with time. Hopefully sooner then later!

Go Tigers!!!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!
repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

redman fan i'll bet you 500.00 DOLLARS that chesapeake will win by @ least 10..if you and only you will take that bet we will let steve lambert IF he will hold the money and at the end of the game give the winner the money..

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Tigers are capable of knocking down the outside shot, as they did at Northwest. Why they didn't shoot more at Rock Hill is beyond me. Instead they were FORCING passes inside to Walls. The 2nd half changed and they were not forcing those passes. Arnett and Murray knocked down threes in the 2nd half but did not shoot enough of them.

Midway through the 2nd quarter Waverly trailed 10-8. Waverly's PG picked up his 2nd foul and had to sit the remainder of the half. Rock Hill closed the quarter with a 9-0 run to lead 19-8 at halftime.

Gucci
Riding the Bench

Post by Gucci »

If Waverly can consistently knock down three's, then teams would not double or triple teams Walls in the post. Virtually everybody on the team is capable of knocking down threes, but doing it is another thing. I know Waverly had a great shooting game at Northwest, but this can't be a one time thing. They have to do it on a consistent basis or opposing teams are going to keep daring them to shoot.

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

repoman 111 wrote:
redman fan i'll bet you 500.00 DOLLARS that chesapeake will win by @ least 10..if you and only you will take that bet we will let steve lambert IF he will hold the money and at the end of the game give the winner the money..

that will work is that all you want to lose.

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

REDMEN FAN wrote:
repoman 111 wrote:

that will work is that all you want to lose.
i said make it easy on yourself and you never replied, so i just figured that was a friendly bet BUT if you want to up the ANNIE that is also fine with me..NOW if your serious about this i will give steve lambert my $500.00 or whatever we decide on tomorrow..let me know A.S.A.P. it's already 9:45 pm thursday your online so get back to me i'll be on until 12:00.

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

WHERE O WHERE IS THE REDMAN FAN O WHERE O WHERE COULD HE BE..C'MON REDMAN FAN I'D TAKE 3 DAYS OFF WORK IF YOU WOULD JUST CONFIRM THAT BET.. :lol:

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

CONFIRMED for as much as you want do you even know what 500.00 looks like.

repoman 111
Waterboy

Post by repoman 111 »

REDMEN FAN wrote:CONFIRMED for as much as you want do you even know what 500.00 looks like.
sounds to me like you are trying to bye time by not giving me a direct answer,,just say how much and when you will give steve lambert the money and quit all of this dancing around the question..HOW MUCH AND WHEN? IF YOU WAIT LONG ENOUGH BEFORE YOU LET ME KNOW YOU JUST MIGHT BE ABLE TO WEASEL YOUR WAY OUT OF IT..PUT UP OR SHUT UP..

REDMEN FAN
Freshman Team

Post by REDMEN FAN »

lambert has mine make sure you give him yours

Return to “Boys Basketball”