Alexander @ V.C. 12/21

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

1974Viking wrote:Any game Alex and VC play in is always good. We have a big Bulls Eye on our backs, and every Team we play will step up their game against us. Alex is well coached, But I will have to go with VC in this matchup

Welcome aboard Viking1974.....if thats the year you graduated, you 're OLD. :lol:

I agree with your comments. Coach Gabriel and the Spartans don't have the talent of VC, but rest assured that Spartan nation will travel well to McArthur Friday and give a great effort.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

TyWebb, I played when we had peach baskets for hoops. I know it will be a good game. This is what High School is all about. And yes I was a Viking in 74

jkasler
Waterboy

Post by jkasler »

Funny thing is Alex plays much better AT Vinton Co than they do at home vs VC. Crazy I know. It may be a better game than some think. I am actually surprised with how good the Spartans are this year and I am from Alex. They have the potential to upset VC and Belpre so as the old saying goes.."dont count your chickens...."

Good Luck Spartans!!!

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

jkasler wrote:Funny thing is Alex plays much better AT Vinton Co than they do at home vs VC. Crazy I know. It may be a better game than some think. I am actually surprised with how good the Spartans are this year and I am from Alex. They have the potential to upset VC and Belpre so as the old saying goes.."dont count your chickens...."

Good Luck Spartans!!!

Its true Alex does play better in McArthur. I don't have any chickens to count, so, I say it don't matter how well the Spartans play in McArthur this year: the vikes will roll in this one!
GO VIKES

MOBSTERMAN
Freshman Team

Post by MOBSTERMAN »

the vikes will win
but it will be interesting to see how long this alex team might stick around
but in the end vc still has dustin
and vc still wins this game

FrankieG
Freshman Team

Post by FrankieG »

VC should win, Just hope they aren't coming in thinking this will be a cakewalk..

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Me too...FrankieG..with Alex you never know who is going to show up. Do you know what time this game starts? Is it being broadcast via the web?

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

ttt
Last edited by AndyDufresne on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

marlet
Waterboy

Post by marlet »

vc has other players besides guthrie, i love the kid, but come on he doesnt carry the team every game

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

I believe that in earlier post it states that The Vikings play as a team....DUT will be the first to tell you he needs ALL his teamates in order to win a game, not really sure what your issue is with Guthrie but get over it.....he is a very good player and a huge asset to the team but never takes credit for the win.........he is very hard to stop he is dangerous from the entire court, he can shoot from anywhere and can handle the ball. Many teams make the mistake of focusing on him, when that happens he is the first to dish to someone else. The entire team would rather play with him instead of against him !! Little jealous maybe? :oops:

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

This is 100% true about Guthrie. I think @ times he is a little too unselfish. He is without a doubt the premiere big man in SE Ohio, and puts up big numbers night after night. He manages to do this by playing completly unselfish. Guthrie is not the only reason VC has had an undefeated season up to this point but is a HUGE reason.

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

What time does the varsity game start? Any radio stations covering this game, I tried the usual and they are covering the Nelsonville Game :twisted:

orange-n-brown 365
SEOPS HO

Post by orange-n-brown 365 »

Gotta go with the Vikings :-D I can root for them on non-buckeye games :-D

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

"Remember this, the choices you make in life, make you"

- John Wooden

"Champions never complain, they are too busy getting better."

- unknown

akwhitewater
Freshman Team

Post by akwhitewater »

Does anyone have a score update?

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

hasnt started yet. I think its on 98.7

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

it's on 97.7

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

After 1
V.C. 15
Alex 9

Alex is controlling the tempo of the game. Playing some stall ball

ball hound
Freshman Team

Post by ball hound »

V.C. 31
Alex 23
Halftime

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Very sloppy game in the 1st half. Alex hits 2 3's late in 2nd to keep it close.

Return to “Boys Basketball”