d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:burg won by 8 but i forget the final, i was there
Jee thanks Wheelersburg 55 Huntington 47

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Great game after a slow start for the Pirates!! Huntington lost a lot of players from last year, but still very athletic and physical.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Listened to the tape delay also on the net.

Burg was able to knock down some free throws down the stretch.

Didn't understand why the Burg took a shot with 1:10 left and up by 5 points. I'm sure Coach will address that in the next practice.

Good win for the Pirates on the road.

pantherpaw
Freshman Team

Post by pantherpaw »

closer than i thought it would be.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Wheelersburg shot fairly poorly tonight from the field (thanks to a very physical Huntington defense) but they did everything else well--after a rather high turnover total in the first quarter. They had some nice rebounding with something in the range of 19 offensive rebounds. Huntington was hot shooting in the first and fourth quarters. Their freshman, Tyler Hutchison was 5 of 8 on three-point baskets at one point and ended at 5 of 10. His brother was 3 of 6 on 3 pointers for 8 of 16 between the two...

As a team the Highlanders were 4 of 4 on three's in the first quarter and 4 of 4 on twos in the fourth quarter.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
alabama mike wrote:My thoughts are the team that scores the most points wins the game. :lol:

Burg will use this next week to work on some specific things that they have needed to address but cannot due to getting ready for other opponents. Some fine tuning on these areas could pay huge dividends in the next few weeks. All of the players are healthy, except Armstrong, (broken nose) but he will be able to practice on Wed. More importantly, the football players are finally in basketball shape. Look for the Pirate Palace to be rocking for the remaining home games.

you sound like my brother

I have always thought you two sounded like brothers. :)

Home of the Atlanta Falcons.
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

OUCH!!!!!

Bama ain't gonna be none happy with that statement

Wheelersburg shot fairly poorly tonight from the field

Something just doesn't sound right about that statement.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

i was surprised at the outcome. i was however VERY impressed with both of the Hutchison boys. they are 2 very talented kids

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Mad Dogg,

Brandon Hutchison was the point guard for WV Nike Select, Drew Spradlin's AAU team
and Tyler Hutchison was the point guard for the WV Pony Express, Andy Stegman's AAU team.
Seeing them play combined and against each other was interesting.
(The Pony Express was the young team for the Select.) :)

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

1fan1 wrote:Mad Dogg,

Brandon Hutchison was the point guard for WV Nike Select, Drew Spradlin's AAU team
and Tyler Hutchison was the point guard for the WV Pony Express, Andy Stegman's AAU team.
Seeing them play combined and against each other was interesting.
(The Pony Express was the young team for the Select.) :)

that's cool. i knew about brandon

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Congrats to the Wheelersburg Pirates. They have a very talented group of athletes [all sports] right now and a proven solid program.
Big schools [especially those with a winning history themselves like HHS] fall right into the trap of discounting the ability of smaller schools to produce good competitive teams and provide quality opposition.
BIG MISTAKE ever to take Wheelersburg [or Chesapeake or Ironton] "lightly" as opponents!

The Fan
Waterboy

Post by The Fan »

Nice win for the Pirates

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

The Hutchison boys are excellent athletes as well as super people. I had the pleasure of getting to know them during Tyler's brief stint at Ironton. Sure wish he was still in orange and black, :( but hope he does well with the Highlanders.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

5yrdpnlty wrote:The Hutchison boys are excellent athletes as well as super people. I had the pleasure of getting to know them during Tyler's brief stint at Ironton. Sure wish he was still in orange and black, :( but hope he does well with the Highlanders.

i agree. they are both excellant ball players

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

When was Tyler at Ironton?

Yabba--it was Wheelersburg's lowest shooting percentage of the year with the exception of Oak Hill--especially in the second quarter when they hit only 3 of 14 attempts. They also only hit 1 of 9 from 3-point range for the game. The Highlanders actually outscored them 43-35 from the field. The Huntington defense gave up 26 free throws though and it was there that the Pirates shot well, 20 of 26.

The good news is that other than the lower than usual shooting percentage, the Pirates out rebounded the Highlanders and had fewer turnovers. The offensive rebounds were huge in that at least 16 points, if not more, followed offensive rebounds.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

drrabbit wrote:When was Tyler at Ironton?
Yabba--it was Wheelersburg's lowest shooting percentage of the year with the exception of Oak Hill--especially in the second quarter when they hit only 3 of 14 attempts. They also only hit 1 of 9 from 3-point range for the game. The Highlanders actually outscored them 43-35 from the field. The Huntington defense gave up 26 free throws though and it was there that the Pirates shot well, 20 of 26.

The good news is that other than the lower than usual shooting percentage, the Pirates out rebounded the Highlanders and had fewer turnovers. The offensive rebounds were huge in that at least 16 points, if not more, followed offensive rebounds.

He is on Irontons roster in their basketball program, not sure when he transferred though.

5yrdpnlty
Waterboy

Post by 5yrdpnlty »

Tyler came to Ironton the last nine wks of 07 school year and stayed until the start of basketball season. I am not sure why he went back to Huntington :?: Probably just too much on the family with the boys being at two different schools. Like I said he is a gamer and wish he would have stayed. He would have been a huge asset to the football and basketball program.

Return to “Boys Basketball”