Warren @ Belpre 12/29

clemente
Waterboy

Post by clemente »

I bet some Belpre fans are wishing that they didn't run Stout outta town now.....Be careful what you wish for..

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

clemente wrote:I bet some Belpre fans are wishing that they didn't run Stout outta town now.....Be careful what you wish for..

For your info Eagle fans didn't run Coach Stout "out of town" That was a decision that the board of ed made. There were no grumblings from the faithful

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eagles20 wrote:
clemente wrote:I bet some Belpre fans are wishing that they didn't run Stout outta town now.....Be careful what you wish for..

For your info Eagle fans didn't run Coach Stout "out of town" That was a decision that the board of ed made. There were no grumblings from the faithful

Hate to disagree with you Eagle20 but there was a small group of the "faithful" who pressured the Board to get rid of Stout and we both know the reasons why.

Prodigy
Freshman Team

Post by Prodigy »

Coach Stout could of stayed, but he decided that it was his best interest to leave, he was getting pressured by some of the board members and the community and some of the parents did not like the way he ran stuff, i guarantee if he would of stayed Belpre would be 7-3, maybe 8-2

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Prodigy wrote:Coach Stout could of stayed, but he decided that it was his best interest to leave, he was getting pressured by some of the board members and the community and some of the parents did not like the way he ran stuff, i guarantee if he would of stayed Belpre would be 7-3, maybe 8-2

I can't agree with you there prodigy. This summer at the shoot outs and the team camp at OU, the same problems that gave Belpre fits early on this season were quite evident. Everybody seems to think that it's just a matter of plugging players in but every kid has a new role this season and it's taken time to get that established. We are much better now than we were at seasons begining. I believe at seasons end we will be even better.

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

Eaglepapaw wrote:
Prodigy wrote:haha yeah right, coach plummer is 4-6 with the most talented team at belpre since 2001. I dont know whats going on, but something needs to change...

I agree with you prodigy,but didn't you tell me to give him time for the players to buy into his "family system"? I don't know how long that is going to take but the talent that he has is being wasted while the better players sit on the bench. I think his "family" is quickly becoming disfunctionle.

something i find strange about the whole "family system" is the presentation of the player of the game award. I dont have a problem with wanting the team to be a family....or with awarding players for their performance...but to preach family constantly, then award a player of the game to ONE player after each game seems hypocritical to me.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

beleagle05 wrote:
Eaglepapaw wrote:
Prodigy wrote:haha yeah right, coach plummer is 4-6 with the most talented team at belpre since 2001. I dont know whats going on, but something needs to change...

I agree with you prodigy,but didn't you tell me to give him time for the players to buy into his "family system"? I don't know how long that is going to take but the talent that he has is being wasted while the better players sit on the bench. I think his "family" is quickly becoming disfunctionle.

something i find strange about the whole "family system" is the presentation of the player of the game award. I dont have a problem with wanting the team to be a family....or with awarding players for their performance...but to preach family constantly, then award a player of the game to ONE player after each game seems hypocritical to me.

I guess this was coming...................... since you're looking for anything to hold against the coaching staff...... that award was originated by the business that sponsers it. It goes quite well with the "Family Theme" honoring an outstanding individual preformace. If you're gonna critize the coaching staff at least let it be for things they do themselves.

hoopball
Waterboy

Post by hoopball »

pfloyd ... I will enlighten you ... when you are shooting from the parking lot ...28% will kill you ... why are we shooting from there ? .. you know Maddox as well as anyone .. and you know he has problems coaching against zone pressure. Warren has very good athletes , not ball players ... and only average coaching at best ... with the exception of Duckworth ... he seems competent.

Gregg811
Varsity

Eagle Basketball

Post by Gregg811 »

Congratulations to the Hardee's players of the game...
Tyler Horner of Warren and Markie Tate of Belpre...Great Job

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

beleagle05...Just to let you in on some info. I have lived inm this town for almost 18 years. I graduated from Waterford, so i am a transplant if you will. I had two nephews graduate from Belpre HIgh School. Because i live and work (the sponser of the player of the game) in this town i am very involved with not only athelics at the high school, but the soccor youth league, jr baseball league, jr girls bb league and a number of other activities around town. Also a board member of the Chamber of Commerce and a sponser of the annual Homecoming.
In the six years plus that i have been at my business, never have i had someone not appreciate the support that i give to the youth of this community. i take great pride in these kids and what they are doing. i am only one business in this town, but try to do what i can for support. It would be nice if some of the other businessess around town would get off their duff and support these kids and the school system.
As long as i am were i'm at, i will continue to support these kids in anyway i can, and until someone from the athelic dept. or the athelics themselves tell me different i will be there for the kids.
GO BELPRE EAGLES

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

hoopball wrote:pfloyd ... I will enlighten you ... .. you know Maddox as well as anyone .. and you know he has problems coaching against zone pressure. Warren has ... only average coaching at best ...

... sounds like Bill O'Reilly posting LOL " you know (this) and "you know" (that) ... LOL ... what I DO KNOW is that Coach Maddox IS one of the best coaches in Southeast Ohio - his team preparation for games is second to none, his practice coaching is second to none ... and imo he ranks right behind Coach Combs of VC in his court side "in game" coaching and I rate Coach Combs one of - if not the best "in game" coaches around ... just watched the VC vs Huntington game over break VC was something like 2 for 14 from behind the arc in the first half - they didn't stop shooting the ball in the second half - shots started falling, they got back in the game ... can't stop doing what got you there when things aren't going your way - more like endure the lulls to get back to the top of your game ...

... I guess you, die hard and I will have to agree to disagree on this one ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDufresne
Waterboy

Post by AndyDufresne »

Coach Maddox is an excellent coach. I'm guessing that people that get on here and criticize him for trivial things like how many coaches sit his bench are upset parents just trying to get a jab in.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

hoopball, diehard,

Can either of you tell me how many SEOAL basketball championships Warren won before Coach Maddox came on board?? How many since?? I fit wasn't for the basketball powers Zanesville and Chilli, Warren would be conteneding for another League Crown. Numbers don't lie!!!

If you want Warren to contend for league titles against Zanesville and Chilli then you and others are going to have to hold the players accountable more than any coaches. How many of these spohs, juniors, seniors are playing any type of AAU ball. How many work on their game outside of the season (excluding that stupid summer league were no one plays any defense). I believe you can drive down to Zanesville or Chilli and see kids playing the game working on the game. I know of a very successful girls program up north that gives every player a key to the gym and they are expected to be there everyday working on their shot and ball handling. Ask the Warren adminstration about something like that and you will get laughed out of the school.

I hear alot of complaining from people but never any solutions except get rid of this coach or that coach. Step up to the plate.

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

GREGG811 wrote:beleagle05...Just to let you in on some info. I have lived inm this town for almost 18 years. I graduated from Waterford, so i am a transplant if you will. I had two nephews graduate from Belpre HIgh School. Because i live and work (the sponser of the player of the game) in this town i am very involved with not only athelics at the high school, but the soccor youth league, jr baseball league, jr girls bb league and a number of other activities around town. Also a board member of the Chamber of Commerce and a sponser of the annual Homecoming.
In the six years plus that i have been at my business, never have i had someone not appreciate the support that i give to the youth of this community. i take great pride in these kids and what they are doing. i am only one business in this town, but try to do what i can for support. It would be nice if some of the other businessess around town would get off their duff and support these kids and the school system.
As long as i am were i'm at, i will continue to support these kids in anyway i can, and until someone from the athelic dept. or the athelics themselves tell me different i will be there for the kids.
GO BELPRE EAGLES

Execellent Post.....

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Here are all of the Warren SEOAL Championships that I could find:

1996-1997-Gallipolis Blue Devils-Warren Local Warriors....11-3
2000-2001-Logan Chieftains-Warren Local Warriors….13-1
2004-2005-Warren Local Warriors……9-1
2005-2006-Warren Local Warriors......9-1

Maddox seems to have been involved in a couple of these.

He's solid, especially considering the talent Warren has (good, not great).

There are Warren players that play AAU and work very hard in the off season, but they are in the minority. Maddox can't demand a lot of the players because they quit (or at least threaten to quit) and when they do, it's his fault for being too hard on the kids.

If you want to practice hoops the administration will help you get in the gym. I know this from experience.

The loudest critics of Maddox are typically parents who are angry about playing time. I assume this is the case in most programs.

I wouldn't be a high school coach for anything.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... next season "things" will be equaling out as far as basketball goes in the SEOAL imo ... Chillicothe will lose Hitchens/Chambers ...Zanesville the Harris boyz, Logan Aronhalt ... not that the programs won't be good BUT you lose players of that caliber - the shoes are hard to fill ... Warren WILL BE Warren - solid ball club AGAIN ... Logan will be able to compete ...Marietta gets better, Ironton (if they still have an SEOAL schedule), Portsmouth will be one of the upper level teams next season with the youngsters they have playing ... all in all the "blow outs" of the last couple years won't be happening - at least not every night out LOL ... bottomline is the league championship opens up for more than 2 teams ... people get happier ! parents get happier!! everybody is happier !!!! ... Coach Maddox based on the info given on this site has been at the helm of 3 of the 4 Warren Local SEOAL championships ONLY ONE before he arrived at WHS since 1986-87 ... not sure how many years Coach Maddox has been at Warren ... maybe Jottings or Sportfolio can give some background info on the Coach Maddox reign at Warren - wins/losses/we know the title count/sectional info/number of appearances in the Convo ...

beleagle05
JV Team

Post by beleagle05 »

greg and eagles20...you guys need to chill out...i never said the coaches had anything to do with the player of the game, i know you both vote on who gets that award, and that the coaches do not have any say in it. it just seems to me that singleing out one kid does not go along with the family system. again...re-read my post...never did i mention the coaches. personally, i think the parents need to leave the coaches be....theres absolutely nothing that can be done right now to change who is coaching this team...so why not support them instead of e mailing them and trying to tell them how to run the team, whether you agree with them or not. I'll be the first one to tell you i dont always agree with everytihng that goes on in practices and what not...but me complaining or e mailing the coaches isnt going to help anything. There is a lot of talent on this team, might as well get behind them, this can very easily still be a successful season.

IN TRESSEL WE TRUST
Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

beleagle05 wrote:greg and eagles20...you guys need to chill out...i never said the coaches had anything to do with the player of the game, i know you both vote on who gets that award, and that the coaches do not have any say in it. it just seems to me that singleing out one kid does not go along with the family system. again...re-read my post...never did i mention the coaches. personally, i think the parents need to leave the coaches be....theres absolutely nothing that can be done right now to change who is coaching this team...so why not support them instead of e mailing them and trying to tell them how to run the team, whether you agree with them or not. I'll be the first one to tell you i dont always agree with everytihng that goes on in practices and what not...but me complaining or e mailing the coaches isnt going to help anything. There is a lot of talent on this team, might as well get behind them, this can very easily still be a successful season.

Now that I can agree with.............

Gregg811
Varsity

Post by Gregg811 »

DITTO........GO EAGLES

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Pfloyd: That is exactly what I see. After this year things will be wide open for at least a few years. I don't see that any team will be dominating as Zanesville and Chilli have this year and last.

Folks need to untwist their knickers and realize that these two teams are the exception, not the rule. In Warren's case, they have been right behind these teams in the pecking order. The Warriors will be fine from a competition standpoint, but that still doesn't mean that everyone will be happy with the minutes that their kid is playing.

Return to “Boys Basketball”