ALL-TIME SVAC TEAM

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

Gotta put Jimmy Brace on the all-SVAC team. How about the game at Eastern where he hit 12 or 13 3's. Do you remember hearing about that game future???????????????????? ;-) ;-)

rat
Freshman Team

Post by rat »

4 guys that averaged over 16 pts a game. They had to have went to the final 4. I don't know of any college or pro teams that have those kind of scorers. Also those NG teams of the early 90s didn't have anyone who could have guarded a chair.

honey roy palmer
Waterboy

Post by honey roy palmer »

boogered, I'll have to disagree with you on Chris Tackett. Brian Stout was a much better player then Tackett.

Bfan
Waterboy

Post by Bfan »

Eastern was tough when Eichenger , and the two Caldwell brothers were there. How about Keith Carter and Jim Jeffers from SW in the early days.

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

The 1988 Swain they are looking for is Rick Swain. I think Brian Stout probably better than Tackett. I believe Don Mays and Rusty Denny was pretty good also.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

bettis wrote:The 1988 Swain they are looking for is Rick Swain. I think Brian Stout probably better than Tackett. I believe Don Mays and Rusty Denny was pretty good also.

Are you sure :?: Where does Mark Swain fit in at :?:

bettis
Varsity

Post by bettis »

I already poste his name, but he played in the late 70's. I was referring to the other post were is says 1988 ?????Swain.

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

Kent Wolfe Racine Southern...played for Carl and led Racine to the State Tournament, has to be in this disscussion.

tumblingtrio
Waterboy

Post by tumblingtrio »

At Southwestern, back in the 60's...Lloyd Myers,Halley boys and Keith Carter, I believe in 1969, nice shot.....70's, You had Lloyd Wood, Terry Carter, Kevin Walker, Don Bush, Doug Miller, Keith Grate, Chris Lewis, Gene Layton, Larry Carter....................The best players I ever saw out of this area was Jaye Myers from SV and Greg James from NG and Mr. shooter Mark Swain

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

Chad leach graduated in 89

Tackett,Stout,and Baer all graduated in 91'

Baer was league mvp all svac and all state D4
Tackett averaged 24.5 ppg held school record for most asst. and steals 2yrs all state Honorable his jr. year 2nd team D3 sr.year all svac 2yrs.
Stout averaged 17.4 ppg scored a 1000 pts in 3 and 1/4 years Honorable mention his sr. year
baer averaged a little over 20ppg southern won the league that year
brace scored 12 in a game tied for 5th all time as a state record
the team of 91 at HT was a well committed team to winning and just getting the job done regardless of who did it they were a great example of what a team was all about they were a great bunch of guys of some of my best friends Rankin all svac

PHILR5439
Waterboy

Post by PHILR5439 »

DANNY WILSON IN 72 AND PHIL ROBINSON IN 72 AND 73 WAS MVP OF LEAGUE IN 73 BOTH FROM SYMMES VALLEY

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

In the early 80's the dominant team not only in the SVAC but also in Southeastern Ohio was the Racine Southern Tornadoes. Two trips to the final four is pretty impressive for such a small school. They were loaded with talent...kids lived for basketball in Racine, Syracuse, Portland, and Letart. I've never in my life experienced high school basketball the way I did back then. It was awesome!
Along with Amburgey you can't leave out the Stout kid :lol: If his smooth shot didn't scare you, the mustache definitely would! That boy had a full grown 'stache in the 5th grade. :lol:
manofconstantsorrows...what ever happened to Amburgey?

GatorBait....Stout graduated in '89.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

He graduated in 1991 along with tackett twyman ratliff farley smith no offense but I played on the team Denny Mays and Burnette glassburn and george all graduated in 89' and I agree the southern teams were what basketball was all about I wish kids had the same interest now as they did back then about basketball in this area.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

We are talking about Chris Stout aren't we? No offense to you GatorBait but I'm almost sure he graduated in '89. My brother graduated in '90 and I know that Stout was a year ahead of him. Maybe manofconstantsorrow can help us out with this one.

GATOR BAIT
Riding the Bench

Post by GATOR BAIT »

My apologies Yeah your right about chris stout thought you were talking about brian stout at Ng yeah I remeber chris stout as well and amburgy and the rest of the great talent to come from that area

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

The last I heard Amburgey was in Florida!!

Brad Maynard from Southern was an All State selction!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

I have to disagree with you about Chris Tackett. He was a true point guard. Most of Stout's points were set up by Tackett. Tackett was a better ballhandler, defender, and he forced the tempo. Stout was good but Tackett was all-around better. He might of averaged 3 points more per game than Tackett but Steals and Assists wasn't close. They both should be added to the list.

Fridaynitefan, yes I was at that game. He hit (12)3's in the second half. He led the league in 3 point field goals by over 30.

Tim Bissell and Jeff Durst needs to be added to the list from Eastern.

JoeGatto
JV Team

Post by JoeGatto »

My bad GATORBAIT....I didn't realize there were any other Stout's around the Meigs/Gallia area.

I watched Chad Leach play in college at KCC, he was definitely a good one. Didn't he also coach there as well? What's he doing now?

futurebkstar.....Eastern was in the TVC by the time Tim Bissell played.

honey roy palmer
Waterboy

Gatorbait, How about using commas and periods. Your posts are all run-on sentences.

honey roy palmer
Waterboy

futurebkstar, according to Gatormait, Tackett averaged 24.5 to Stout's 17.5. I think some statistics might be getting blown out of proportion on this thread.

Return to “Boys Basketball”