Fed Hock at Southern, 1/18

kcarth305
JV Team

Post by kcarth305 »

my prediction was very close---i predicted the score to be 68-40.
Federal had the JV team in for most or all of the fourth quarter I'm assuming since the score near the end of the 3rd quarter was 59-20. Congrats to the Lancers on the TVC Hocking win!

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Southern had starters in the game until a minute left. This game could have been alot worse than what people are going to read in the paper tomorrow, or remember what the score could have been 20 years from now.....

Kudos to Coach Vales and his staff for taking the high road.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Lancer_Fan
Varsity

Post by Lancer_Fan »

Southern has an awesome pep band! Those Kids and the Director do a great job!! Yeah, I know there was a basketball game too...But love that band! Keep up the good work!

I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!
TornadoMan25
Riding the Bench

Post by TornadoMan25 »

Southern has been in a slump here lately shooting the ball. Against Miller and Fed there offense has been inexistent. I look for them to have a good week of practice and come fired up against Waterford this coming Friday night. :-D

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

It always seems like a lot of the Southern teams rely too much on outside shooting and if they have a cold night shooting they are done.

M&M
Waterboy

Post by M&M »

I'm a Meigs fan but I took in this game last night to watch a friends son play. This is the second time I've seen Fed Hock. The first time was at our gym a few weeks ago. I left last night scratchin' my head trying to figure out how we beat you guys. No doubt, we played our best game of the season, but athletically, we don't match up at all against your first five.

That Vales boy can jump out of the gym and your other big kid, I think his name is Standley is solid. Your guard play is excellent. They move it around well and the little guy is lights out from the 3 point arc. A very solid and well coached D4 team. You might be one 6'8" center away from a ride to Columbus.

I noticed last last night when the game was in hand that your second five included a freshman, is your bench thin? I also spoke with a FH fan last night that said this is most likely your coaches first and last year at the helm, as he will probably move on after his son graduates. For your sake, I hope this isn't true.

Return to “Boys Basketball”