Vinton County @ Waterford

BUNYAN banner
Waterboy

Post by BUNYAN banner »

Wow I read this article and got a da ja vue of the OK State football coach.

Waterford is Overated and I will leave it at that. Cunningham had trouble with Eastern's Rawson, I'm curious to see how hes gonna handle Guthrie!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

EasternDspy wrote:Waterford can rebound that si there strength.I am not saying I have a problem with any the kids.It just is so disapointing to see a 6-9 kid shooting 3 pointers.Look at the way the kid acts every game.I do not know why the coach lets DJ disrespect him so much.6-9 or not the kid has to learn to act better in public.He treats every team he plays like crap.To get respect you have give it.Hoge,Lang,Hendershot,and Tornes all really nice kids and wish them luck in the tourny there last season.

What is wrong with a 6"9' kid shooting three pointers? I know that in high school a kid that big would normally play with his back to the basket and be posting up, but if he goes to play college ball he will probably be playing at the forward spot and will need to hit the outside shot. I've never seen or heard of this boy, but if he has any kind of athletic ability, and isn't just a big clumsy kid, he will not be a center in college.

If you have trouble with big kids shooting threes then you must hate Ohio State and Kosta Koufos at 7' shooting the three. lol

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Waterford can rebound that si there strength.I am not saying I have a problem with any the kids.It just is so disapointing to see a 6-9 kid shooting 3 pointers.Look at the way the kid acts every game.I do not know why the coach lets DJ disrespect him so much.6-9 or not the kid has to learn to act better in public.He treats every team he plays like crap.To get respect you have give it.Hoge,Lang,Hendershot,and Tornes all really nice kids and wish them luck in the tourny there last season.

What is wrong with a 6"9' kid shooting three pointers? I know that in high school a kid that big would normally play with his back to the basket and be posting up, but if he goes to play college ball he will probably be playing at the forward spot and will need to hit the outside shot. I've never seen or heard of this boy, but if he has any kind of athletic ability, and isn't just a big clumsy kid, he will not be a center in college.

If you have trouble with big kids shooting threes then you must hate Ohio State and Kosta Koufos at 7' shooting the three. lol

I'm really not trying to bash this kid because I don't know him--I've just seen him on the court, but I highly doubt he will be making it to college by the way he is playing/acting. Thats all I'm going to say, I know everyone will get on my case for saying it, but I did...lets be realistic here...the kid has height, period.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I believe that alot of folks in SE Ohio have observed what you have observed and agree with your assessment. I'll leave it at that.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Waterford looks as if they wish the season was over, VC wins.

Note to Steely, Waterford's egg did not make me sick the flu did.

Whoever said, "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," was a
LOSER!!
RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Since the first time I saw Waterford play this year, I have stated their lack of disipline, maturity, and overall desire. As the season progresses they are proving me right every night. They have wins due to hieght and talent, which they have both of. They lose due to disciplne and desire.

Sometimes disipline and desire will out weigh talent. EASTERN.

Also when they come up against a team with similar talent, disipline, and desire, they have no chance, FED HOCK.

With all that VINTON COUNTY will win.

Waterford's sense of ergency equals that of Bud Seligs to find steriods in baseball 10 years ago.

Whoever said, "It's not wether you win or lose, it's how you play the game," was a
LOSER!!
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Waterford is not a bad team but they are not ready for a team the caliber of Vinton County. Has anyone noticed that Waterford's head coach resembles Patrick Star on Sponge Bob Square Pants cartoon :?: :lol:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/image ... osters.jpg

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

LOL :lol:

Bassmaster-you have too much time on your hands... Go fish or something. :-D

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

G W McLintock wrote:LOL :lol:

Bassmaster-you have too much time on your hands... Go fish or something. :-D

Yeah I think you're right :!: I just thought I would inject a little humor to the topic.

RANDOMGUY
Riding the Bench

Post by RANDOMGUY »

Thank you all knowing Bassmaster for that brilliant comparison and link. I think you should devote more of your time to this new found gift of yours. I lol so bad I almost peed. Seriously :lol:

LOSER!!
Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

RANDOMGUY wrote:Thank you all knowing Bassmaster for that brilliant comparison and link. I think you should devote more of your time to this new found gift of yours. I lol so bad I almost peed. Seriously :lol:

I'll try. It was just an observation at the game the other night.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Glad that you're feeling better, RANDOMGUY. It wasn't clear if it was the egg laid by Waterford, or illness that made you feel so bad. Thanks for clearing that up.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Wow...after reading all this I would think we were 4-14 not 14-4. Im glad everyone else is sticking a fork in this team, because this team will come out and fight in this game on sr. nite even if nobody gives them a chance this is still a confident team. Im just interested to see if we play the backups and jv for the trimble game and rest our starters for vc.Good luck boys on sr. nite.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

throwitdown wrote:Wow...after reading all this I would think we were 4-14 not 14-4. Im glad everyone else is sticking a fork in this team, because this team will come out and fight in this game on sr. nite even if nobody gives them a chance this is still a confident team. Im just interested to see if we play the backups and jv for the trimble game and rest our starters for vc.Good luck boys on sr. nite.

I'm sure Waterford will play inspired against VC because of senior night. However I think I would try to get the win against Trimble and end the season at 15-5 rather than 14-6. But that's just my opinion...

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

WWWHHHHEEEEWWWWW on that one GW!

So hot I had to duck........

And of course, no rebuttal......... :shock:

You've left them speechless :oops: :oops: :oops:

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I really feel that Trimble beats them on Friday. I'm going with the Tomcats by 5. Hard to beat the Tomcats in GTown.

bogo
Riding the Bench

Post by bogo »

No dog in this fight, but people should not bash A player on any web sight.
I don't think Waterford boys play up to there ability like their girls team does. I know all of the coaches a little bit and think they are all good people. That being said there are some real head cases on this team and they would be much better if the head games would go away and just play ball. Please don't pick out A player and bash them they are just kids.

throwitdown
Freshman Team

Post by throwitdown »

Well I dont really see us losing to Trimble, they didnt show me much in our first meeting, we had a 25-2 lead to start the ball game. They had 2 field goals in the first half. We played our backups the entire 2nd half and cruised to a 60-30 victory. But who knows with us, you just never know what to expect. Trimble could pull off the upset if we play anything like we did vs. fed or eastern. But i cant really see them winning this game unless we rest our starters for vc, which i think would make sense b/c this game doesnt really mean much and i dont think we have anything to prove to trimble. As for the VC game, im not making any predictions except that we play hard. Its hard for me to predict b/c i havent even seen vc, only heard about them. They sound like a great team from what I hear. And i know that no one thinks we can play with them, so im sure the people predicting a vc blowout that have seen both waterford and vc play this year apparently know what they're talking about. But I am looking forward to actually seeing the mighty vikes for myself, even if they blow us out.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

Your first meeting was at Waterford right? You only lost to Federal Hocking by what 1 or 2 points. You lost by what at Federal Hocking? 20? Remember your playing in Gtown and no matter what kind of year the Tomcats are having it's hard to win in Gtown. Now I think Waterford should win but with the way they have been playing and with some of the head cases on that team it might not take long for them to explode at Gtown. Good luck.

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Why would Waterford schedule VC on senior night? Is it to motivate them or the way the shedule worked out? Either way this game is going to be a tricky one for the Cats. If VC blows them out on their senior night it could have some lasting effect going into the tourny (ecspecially considering their play of late). But, then again if they play with the Vikes it could help them in the 2nd season. Im not sure scheduling this game on senior night was a wise move for the Cats.

Return to “Boys Basketball”