RAY CHAMBERS WINS IT FOR THE CAVS

Army
S

Re: RAY CHAMBERS WINS IT FOR THE CAVS

Post by Army »

noreply66 wrote:My post didn't come out--^^^^^

What should have been under Army's post was I think Nelsonville won the state as a member of the SEOAL or finished 2nd--and Gallipolis was 1st or 2nd but it was before they were in the SEOAL.

Noreply66,

The Nelsonville Greyhounds while in the SEOAL lost the final in 1952 against Lockland Trace. Check with NYBuckeye96, he has the information on that whole Nelsonville season. As for Gallipolis I don't know, maybe gahs4ever might :?:

Congratulations to the Chillicothe Cavaliers (SEOAL) D2 State Champions

Go CAVS :!: :-D

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Congrats to Chillicothe on being Div.2 state champs.

Why wasn't these games on ONN like they've done in the past??????????????

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

They were on STO (Sports Time Ohio) not sure you get that in Gallia

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

No we don't get that on our cable(Suddenlink cable).

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hitchbone64 wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:anyone see Trojandave??I know he was there,and a BIG cav supporter ...I know he was into this game!!

biggdowgg,

I saw trojandave on Thursday. I know he was there today, but did not see him. I expect he will post later tonight. I think he was holed up in some luxury hotel or something. He told me they had the internet. I am sure he is over at the Newark vs St. Eds game right now.

Thanks for your support this year!!!

GO CAVS!!! GO SEOAL!!!

2008 STATE CHAMPIONS D2

no problem Hitchbone..sorry I didnt get down to meet you when ozziohio did at the Convo....but I like them rafters seats,,and when I mmake my way up there, I dont come down :lol: .

always like tto see the league teams to good,and I really loved wathing Chilly the last couple of years,,,,them kind of teams dont come along very often in one school....I know you all have enjoyed the ride...good luck next season...you now have a big target on you :lol:

earp
S

Post by earp »

WOW! Big win for Southern Ohio!I just love it when the South sticks it to OHSAA like that.This game should have never went to OT if that Official would have had the Kahunas to call the 5th foul on Buford.There was no question it was a block,It wasnt even close!Anyway what was Libbey doing on that final play???THey were all standing on the other side of half court like a deer in the headlights.It was like the plan was to quadruple team Hitchens and he still broke through them.UNREAL!One of the best games I have ever attended at the Schott! :mrgreen:

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

Great game by Ray. He is definitely a player. Where is he going to attend college? Has he signed yet? If he has not, I would certainly hope that schools will be taking a long look at him and Avery from Newark. They got game.

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

I was reading something the other day, i can't recall the site but it was talking about how Buford was going to take over and how Hitchens and Chambers are not even in the Rivals300...

I bet after that game they made it clear they deserve to be up there, Hitchens with his speed at the end of the game was incredible along with the sweet dish to Chambers.
Great Job Cavs, Way to bring it home!!!!!!

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

THE SEOAL NOW HAS A STATE CHAMPION,WAY TO GO CAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hilltopkid
Freshman Team

Post by hilltopkid »

biggdowgg wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:congrats to the cavs from this burg fan. have they ever won the title?

their first ever, how sweet it must be for them.

I remember in 78..and 88,,how big the town turned out when we came back from columbus..I sure hope the town of chillicothe shows out in numbers to welcom home their kid...THE STATE CHAMPS, OF 2008!!!!

I remembver being in our gym on 9th street,,and skip hickman making the annoucement...we have to wait a few more minute to get started,,the cars are still lined up from here to Luccasville..and the gym was already packed :122246

congrats to the Chillocothe Cavs

I was at the school for the welcoming home reception and it was pretty neat. There were quite a few people there. Those kids will remember that day, driving into town, proudly displaying the trophy on the dash of the bus, for the rest of their lives.

Army
S

Post by Army »

From Japan.....JHS4EVER, I second that one. The SEOAL showed the rest of the state that we have a Champion in the House :!: :-D

Congrats CAVS :!: :-D

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

this was the best basketball game i have ever watched. i will never forget this one. CONGRATS to the TEAM!!!!!!!! and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for all of the memories you gave this community.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think if Zanesville would have played up to their game against Newark the second time the SEOAL could have had two champions.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Great win by the Cavs and this game was one of the best I have ever saw in person. Congrats on the win.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

By the way, Sports Time Ohio programming says that there will be a re-run of the game tonight (Monday) at 8:00 p.m.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

hilltopkid wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:congrats to the cavs from this burg fan. have they ever won the title?

their first ever, how sweet it must be for them.

I remember in 78..and 88,,how big the town turned out when we came back from columbus..I sure hope the town of chillicothe shows out in numbers to welcom home their kid...THE STATE CHAMPS, OF 2008!!!!

I remembver being in our gym on 9th street,,and skip hickman making the annoucement...we have to wait a few more minute to get started,,the cars are still lined up from here to Luccasville..and the gym was already packed :122246

congrats to the Chillocothe Cavs

I was at the school for the welcoming home reception and it was pretty neat. There were quite a few people there. Those kids will remember that day, driving into town, proudly displaying the trophy on the dash of the bus, for the rest of their lives.

THATS GREAT..the kids desrve all of the attention they are getting,,and you are right,,,thats a life long memory

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

GAHS7462 wrote:No we don't get that on our cable(Suddenlink cable).

Channel 431 on Dish.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congrats to Coach Kellough and the Cavs.

boy of summer
Freshman Team

Post by boy of summer »

As I mentioned on the 16th, I was very impressed by Chambers in the final four. Where is he going to school-does anyone know? For a while, it was reported he was going to OU. Is that the case? If not, what happened there and where is he going? He would make some D1 program a fine player.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

boy of summer wrote:As I mentioned on the 16th, I was very impressed by Chambers in the final four. Where is he going to school-does anyone know? For a while, it was reported he was going to OU. Is that the case? If not, what happened there and where is he going? He would make some D1 program a fine player.

As of now Ray is undecided. OU really wants Ray but is out of scholarships. So not sure what will happen there. Other than that Ray has kept everything pretty quite. I'm sure that hitchbone could give you more insight than i could.

Return to “Boys Basketball”