4 State Champs

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Re: 4 State Champs

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

earp wrote:If I am not mistaken that Napoleon team was undefeated as well wasnt it :?:

Yes, Napoleon was a perfect 28-0.

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

Bobcat Thunder wrote:
GoBlue22 wrote:
Bobcat Thunder wrote:Other than 2006, the last time public schools grabbed all of the state championships was 1981.

AAA-Dayton Roth
AA-Napoleon
A-Kalida

1981 was the year that Kalida beat Southeastern in the semi's. Are you sure Dayton Roth was public? I thought they were a catholic school, but I could be wrong. Roth had an unbelievable team that year.

It is also interesting that the Chill.-Libby game was the only close game this year, it looks like the others were pretty much blowouts.

GoBlue22,

I'm almost postive that Roth was public. I believe it was on the West Side of Dayton and predominantly African-American because Dayton was one of the most segregated cities in the US.

And to add to what you said about Kalida, they beat Southeastern 73-56 and then they beat Gahanna Columbus Academy 58-44 in the championship.

Tri-Valley made it that year as well, but lost to Napoleon in the Semis.

Kalida also had a great team w/ a big guy named Kortocrax (sp?), and I believe his dad was the coach. SE's only other loss that year was Racine in 2OT's by one point. I remember Racine cutting down their own nets. That was a big rivalry back then.

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

GoBlue22 wrote:
Kalida also had a great team w/ a big guy named Kortocrax (sp?), and I believe his dad was the coach. SE's only other loss that year was Racine in 2OT's by one point. I remember Racine cutting down their own nets. That was a big rivalry back then.

Yeah, I remember Racine making it the state final four in the early 80s. They had a great team.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Reason I knew that Bobcat is because I have cousins in Napoleon.I remember them always talking about the 1981 team. :lol:

Bobcat Thunder
Freshman Team

Post by Bobcat Thunder »

earp wrote:Reason I knew that Bobcat is because I have cousins in Napoleon.I remember them always talking about the 1981 team. :lol:

Well, my high school won a state championship in 1945 and people still talk about that so I can see why they would. ;-)

Return to “Boys Basketball”