Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Prayers for a GREAT Person. Any Updates on Pfloyd?

Post by danicalifornia »

Glad to hear that all is close to being well and sounds like it should be fully soon! Keep fighting

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

pfloyd wrote:... "going to be a jail break" later this afternoon !!! - pain is being "managed" ... the surgeon saw this mornings lung x-ray found fluid on the lungs ... waiting for the orders to go thru for meds to expel the fluids - docs say maybe a couple hours after the meds kick in ... been wearing my "monkey slippers" ! I figured if I was going to be in the hospital I was going to do it my way - on the lighter side of life ...

I've walked the halls, dressed and am getting around okay considering ...as we all know that first 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter is key to winning a game ... I'm putting on a full court press ...

- Always fight

Pain is just weakness leaving the body. Good to hear you're doin' better.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

Pfloyd,,,,AWESOME JOB!!! Keep on keeping on. You have our prayers way out
here in the great, and sunny, southwest of Arizona. YOU keep us posted on
the great BB played in the hills...A great big shout out for all of you that posted
Friday night and Saturday morning. What a testiment to The Floyd that you all
cared so much you went up and above....A great big Thanks from Wipala and
a shout out to Pfloyd....

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Was that post op recovery room hopping or hoping, or both? Best wishes for a strong recovery.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I survived my first night at home!!! LOL - don't know how - I DIDN'T have anyone doing vitals every hour on the hour thru the night , or a blood draw at 4 am, or maybe the need for more meds due to the pain every 3 hours ;-p ... I slept semi comfortably with the key being it was "at home" <heavy sigh> ...

... I have had so many get well wishes from around Southern/Southeastern Ohio - simply amazing - thank you all ... as I have posted before ... the support equates to strength - strength to endure whatever is thrown at me ... the nurses/docs were amazed at my recovery at The James - I give that credit to you folks, sort of like having home court advantage when there are so many folks showing their support - fans, acquaintances, friends for now years on SEOPreps, coaches - the things these guys do behind the scenes when their days/nights are filled with their own issues <= I thank you all ... all of you are amazing people ...

... read more this morning from the Weekend Menu of games WOW! Ironton loses by one to Upper Room Christian Academy?!!! - what I thought was even more outstanding is the accolades that were given to the JUNIORS Fletcher/Carter ... we in Southern Ohio KNOW how special these two are (we're just tired of getting spanked by them LOL) ... these two youngsters were SPECIAL as Freshmen, they haven't disappointed in their growth the last 2 years either and YES "WE" have the pleasure of watching them from the Cheap Seats another year ... the newspapers tied the phrase "under the radar" to the Ironton Duo - I suppose IF the Press Et Al doesn't venture Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line they would be flying under the radar BUT we here Below the Line KNOW all to well the talent, potential of these two outstanding players down on the Ohio in I'town - outstanding ... looking forward to seeing Trey Fletcher and Zach Carter at the Convo in a few weeks ...

... I better do my breathing machine "stuff", lay back down for awhile ... the Committee of One - me - is scheduled to meet in the next couple of hours to discuss/organize the scores from this past weekend ( by the way the Cheap Seat Guys did an awesome job with the Napkin Stats this past weekend!!!! doesn't happen anywhere else but here on SEOPreps !!!! what great high school hoops fans you are !!!! ) ... I'm shooting for a 10 pm release of the Week #10 Elite 8 ...

ps : mhs95_06 ... I'm thinking that it was both hopping and hoping LOL ... they were hopping for sure as the muscles in my back just knotted up, would not relax <= they definitely KNEW that I was in pain LOL ... ended up giving me a shot into the "knot" to relax the muscles ... and you know how your muscle feels after you've had that "cramp" that would not go away LOL ... left that major soreness even though it wasn't tight anymore ... the pain that kept/keeps right on giving LOL ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: May God keep you in his Great Healing Hands........hopefully we will get to see you at the Convo for the tournaments.

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Floyd,

I'm proud of you man!! You have certainly become an inspiration!! I've always been a "gym rat" from the age of about 8 until now well into my 30's. But, you have inspired a new appreciation for my favorite sport! I'll keep praying for you and tonight, while the Jr High Valley boys that I help coach tip-off, I'll have you on my mind knowing how hard you're battling to get back into "action" for the District tourney at the Convo!!!

Best of luck to you and THANK YOU for being the inspiration that you are!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... wow Jesco White - thank you for the kind words my friend ...

... got the word from my surgeon's office earlier this afternoon concerning the "path report" on the surgery to remove the cancerous/melanoma spot on my left lung ... "CLEAN EDGES !!!!" ... they were able to get it all <heavy sigh> ... I was on the phone with my oncologist office shortly afterwards - they want to see me tomorrow , Thursday afternoon, at 1:30pm for lab draws followed by a meeting with my oncology TEAM to go over their plan for "further treatment" ... one battle won, time for the next game ... whew!!! never ending battles ... Thank you to all sending their thoughts and prayers - I KNOW that they gave ME strength ...just as I KNOW they helped to bring about the good path report as well ... I'll know the game plan for the next battle soon - getting myself mentally ready for this one ...

Thank you all.

pfloyd

Jesco White
S

Post by Jesco White »

Congrats!!! I look forward to reading more good news in the near future!

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I can see where you are getting a little "edgy" for seeing a HS hoops game. That is good! That means that you are healing in the right direction.......... Prayers are still going out for you so we can keep you around long enough to see my WARREN WARRIORS go to state. Harumph! (Someday). So, this could be the year, or the next, or the next after that, who knows? Keep on keepin' on!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... time to get things together to head up Rt 33 to OSU Medical Center ... almost afraid to hear what the oncologist has to say as to what her recommendation for a treatment/game plan ... but I'm doing my part - getting physically and mentally ready for the "game" ... she will give me the "game plan" needed to stay ahead in this "game" - it will have to do with "good, fundamentally sound defense" I'm sure - we all know that defense wins championships ...

... "EVERY possession is important" - "can't afford TOs" ... "it's okay for your opponent to get shots - let's just make sure that the shots they take are the shots WE want them taking, from the spots on the floor WE want them taking them" -"don't let them get the ball to the places on the floor they want " <= game on ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

GOOD LUCK FLOYD!

BTW ... 'She will give me the "game plan" needed'? ... All the flack you give me over girls hoops - and hear you are with a Mrs. at the helm ... Is she as tough as Pat Summit or what? Does she call it a man-to-man defense or women-to-women defense? I have always wanted to know the answer to that question ... lol

* Good luck man - we'll be praying for the best.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Dr. Kari Kendra Oncologist - OSU Medical Center/The James ... yep! SHE is in the lead in determining "the game plan(s)" for me to carry out LOL ... tough day yesterday for me - mentally - just finished "winning" a battle with the surgery - now dealing with the mental side of the adjuvant therapy (preventive immunotherapy) that I will begin doing next week <whew> ... I really knew deep down that it was going to be a "beat the surgery + THERAPY" scenario AGAIN , was just hoping ... THE PLAN is now on the table - adjuvant therapy for a year ... I return to The James next week to be shown how to give self-injections, to begin the year long immunotherapy of the drug Leukine (14 days of self-injections followed by 14 days of recovery ... this rotation of 14/14 will go on for a year adds up to 168 injections) <whew> ...

... gathering my thoughts, clearing my head, getting into "game mode" again with a very clear goal => Stay cancer free for the next year <= GAME ON ...

... 93dog !!! Pat Summit AND Dr. Kendra => "man to man defense" lol ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

lol

Thx for clearing that up for me Floyd.

The injection thing does not sound fun at all!!! Gotta-do-what-you-gotta-do though I guess ... As long as it works, you'll be right back at 100% for next years hoops run ... Just in time to see our 'super sophs' here in A-town blossom into one of the top basketball teams in the area.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

I never heard of adjuvant therapy. Sounds like a very rigurous schedule. YOU can DO it! We will be there every step of the way, except WE don't want any shots. LOL

Think of nice things when you poke yourself, like FAST BREAKS in a basketball game, or 3 point shots at the buzzer to win it all, or......... You get the drift.

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

pfloyd wrote:... Dr. Kari Kendra Oncologist - OSU Medical Center/The James ... yep! SHE is in the lead in determining "the game plan(s)" for me to carry out LOL ... tough day yesterday for me - mentally - just finished "winning" a battle with the surgery - now dealing with the mental side of the adjuvant therapy (preventive immunotherapy) that I will begin doing next week <whew> ... I really knew deep down that it was going to be a "beat the surgery + THERAPY" scenario AGAIN , was just hoping ... THE PLAN is now on the table - adjuvant therapy for a year ... I return to The James next week to be shown how to give self-injections, to begin the year long immunotherapy of the drug Leukine (14 days of self-injections followed by 14 days of recovery ... this rotation of 14/14 will go on for a year adds up to 168 injections) <whew> ...

... gathering my thoughts, clearing my head, getting into "game mode" again with a very clear goal => Stay cancer free for the next year <= GAME ON ...

... 93dog !!! Pat Summit AND Dr. Kendra => "man to man defense" lol ...

You hang in there! I am a diabetic and take 4 shots a day, but they don't affect the system like the cancer killing drugs.
I have spent my share of time up there (OSU Medical) too, but at The Ross Heart Medical Center.
We need you here so stay tuff, you are awesome. We pray for you, and the purple dancin' hippo!
Someday I would like to meet you. I am down to just home games unless I can catch a ride due to my poor night vision,should go into reffing :lol:!
SO if you come to McArthur sometime maybe. I will go to the Convo if Vikes can make it!

GO PFLOYD

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VIKED_MAN ... thank you for the words of support - I will definitely hang in there my friend, just not in my make up to do it any other way ... I can use the Vinton County win tonight over Alexander as a model for never giving up wow! Coach Combs' boys left it all on the floor from the sounds of the radio broadcast ! VC used a 37-15 run to come from waaaay back to get the win tonight over Alexander ... I'm not giving up in my fight ... you sharing your own daily battle being a diabetic gives me strength to fight each of my battles as they come along - thanks VIKED_MAN for sharing, and supporting ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's been 2 1/2 weeks since my lung surgery to remove the cancerous mass from my left lung ... surgery went great, they got it all, I'm feeling great - started back to work Tuesday after being cleared to work Monday by the thoracic surgeon ... I'M BEAT!!!!! lol ... even went to the gym to walk on the treadmill for 2 1/2 miles yesterday - needed to keep expanding my lungs , doctors orders ... in the time that I've been recovering my insurance company has denied paying for my adjuvant/preventive treatment ... insurance denied it twice which needed to be done before my oncologist would do a written appeal to the insurance folks - the reason given for the denial was that the drug Leukine that I would be taking was NOT FDA approved for the treatment of melanoma cancer - it is FDA approved for the treatment of leukemia and another cancer however ... to make a long story short - I received a phone call from the insurance folks yesterday ... they are going to approved my treatment !!! - the drug is $3000/month BUT with the insurance I will only pay $250 per month ... still expensive BUT so much better than the $3000 out of pocket without insurance kicking in ...

... I go to OSU Medical Center/The James in the morning to get training on giving myself injections ... my routine will be 14 days straight of self-injections followed by 14 days of recovery ... I continue this rotation of shots and recovery for 1 year followed by evaluation at the end of the year to see if the treatments will be continued ... <heavy sigh> I stoked to get this treatment started, not really keen on being a pin cushion for the next year BUT - the alternative is not an option ... the game plan is to win - tomorrow the battle starts to stay cancer free ... game on ...

... thanks so much for all of the thoughts and prayers SEOPs nation ...keep them coming ... I have a feeling that I'm going to need a good "bench" when this gets into the 4th quarter ...

pfloyd

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

Sounds like a plan and the best way to get it started is a positive attitude. Seems like you have that, I will conquer attitude, so that is good. Will you be able to make it to the Purple Place on Friday to catch the games. Hopefully so, I know that was on your agenda!! Prayers for a speedy recovery and remaining cancer free!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

^^^^^^ Winning!

Return to “Boys Basketball”