SEOPS Hippo

Re: D-IV Northwest Sectional Finals

Post by Ironman92 »

brown22 wrote:
Bucknuts15 wrote:East by 11
Webster by 5 with what I think is not a upset
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games.I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.
I disagree.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Ironman92 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games.I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.
I disagree.
if a #7 seed beats a #2 it's considered a upset in any tournament any sport really.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
It's an upset just based on seeding. But as far as ability, it's not. If Webster was in small school SOC they would have been in top 3. Just my opinion.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

we will have to agree to disagree on that mailman if they was in top 3 who they jumping ND,Eastern,Clay. I'm not saying they can't beat eastern but if the eagles play good ball they should win. just like teams playing symmes valley in our league we know the top teams should beat them but if they don't play ball they could lose.

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern may win by 20 but I'd bet my house that if SW played in the SOC small schools they wouldn't have been a 7 seed. It's not even debatable.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

brown22 wrote:
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games. I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.

Correct, there is a reason they've lost so many games.

Playing Wheelersburg twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Minford twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Valley twice, who would win the SOC 1.
Playing Waverly twice (and beating them by 15) who in my opinion would win the SOC 1
Playing Oak Hill twice who, in my opinion, would have a legit chance at winning the SOC 1.

So you're right, there is a reason they've lost that many games. And it's probably because all of those teams listed are drastically better than Green, New Boston, and Symmes Valley, which is 6 guaranteed wins for the top SOC 1 schools.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

eastern beat oak hill lost to Waverly by 1,lost to valley by 1,and beat ND,peebles,and clay twice just couldn't beat the top team in this sectional. don't forget to add western and clay to s.w list of loses which are soc1 schools. I think Webster would be in 5th or 6th in the soc1.

GO EAGLES
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

brown22 wrote:eastern beat oak hill lost to Waverly by 1,lost to valley by 1,and beat ND,peebles,and clay twice just couldn't beat the top team in this sectional. don't forget to add western and clay to s.w list of loses which are soc1 schools. I think Webster would be in 5th or 6th in the soc1.
Eastern beat Oak Hill the very first game of the season. Oak Hill starts 3 sophomores and were DRASTICALLY better by the end of the year.

But, according to your logic... South Webster beat Waverly and East..... Eastern Pike lost to Waverly and East... Heretofore, Eastern would finish 6th maybe 7th in the SOC 2.

..... am I doing this right?

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

bbjunky81 wrote:
brown22 wrote:
Western by 2
Peebles by 3
if Webster beats eastern it's a upset there is a reason they have lost that many games. I know they beat east that is all everybody says but hell akia may have had a migraine or a ear infection that put him off his game that night nobody knows. I seen them play against white oak and that's what they looked like a #7 seed. white oaks guards took it to the hole all night got all kinds of penetration just couldn't make a shot and white oak played sloppy D. just saying if they win it's an upset.

Playing Waverly twice (and beating them by 15) who in my opinion would win the SOC 1
Playing Oak Hill twice who, in my opinion, would have a legit chance at winning the SOC 1.

So you're right, there is a reason they've lost that many games. And it's probably because all of those teams listed are drastically better than Green, New Boston, and Symmes Valley, which is 6 guaranteed wins for the top SOC 1 schools.
I wouldn't be too sure about any of those S.O.C. 2 schools just running away with the S.O.C.1....Eastern played VALLEY @ Valley to a 1 point game, They beat Oak Hill and they beat a Peebles team that would probably win the S.O.C. 2....Eastern finished 3rd or 4th in the S.O.C.1....my point is there's not that big of a gap this year in talent with the top teams in either league. East Clay ND or Eastern could play with any of those teams, western would make it difficult for either of the top S.O.C. 2 teams as well. Don't act like there's a Gahanna Lincoln or something in the SOC 2.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I can't believe I'm wasting this much time and energy responding to brown22 and asb, considering it's like teaching a pony to do backflips... But...

Peebles would not win the SOC 2. Period. No ifs ands or buts about it. End of conversation.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I agree with you on most accounts. Those schools with considerably larger enrollments should do well. There is a reason the SOC is split into 2 divisions, but for arguments sake we can talk about what "did" play out this season. Eastern did beat Oak Hill at Oak Hill. They did play Valley to a 1 point decision at home. Northwest and West were a guaranteed 4 wins for everyone else in the league. SW did lose at home to Clay, the 4th place team in the SOC I. They also lost to Western, the 5th place team in the SOC I, on a neutral floor. However, they did beat East (the league champ) at home. I think if Webster had won both of those games (Western & Clay) they would have leaped into the 2-4 range even with considerably less wins. The margin between the 3-6 SOC II teams and the 1-5 SOC I teams is razor thin. What a league race those teams would have made!

All that said this is a very close matchup. We all knew this sectional would have some very "even" matchups for the finals. Not sure that any combination of outcomes from these finals would be overly shocking. I think that whoever wins these matchups will be tested, and prepared to bring home District hardware.

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

I was beat to the punch! Clearly the night before the games begin, haha!

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Agreed, Peebles would not win the SOC II. Wheelersburg and Lynchburg will get a chance to gauge where the top of the SHAC and the SOC II measure up.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
brown22 wrote:eastern beat oak hill lost to Waverly by 1,lost to valley by 1,and beat ND,peebles,and clay twice just couldn't beat the top team in this sectional. don't forget to add western and clay to s.w list of loses which are soc1 schools. I think Webster would be in 5th or 6th in the soc1.
Eastern beat Oak Hill the very first game of the season. Oak Hill starts 3 sophomores and were DRASTICALLY better by the end of the year.

But, according to your logic... South Webster beat Waverly and East..... Eastern Pike lost to Waverly and East... Heretofore, Eastern would finish 6th maybe 7th in the SOC 2.

..... am I doing this right?
I'm just saying south Webster beat east on prolly one of if not the worst games east has played and got beat by 2 other soc1 schools. just cause that win u can't think they would be at the top of the soc1. there isn't much difference in the two leagues this year.

GO EAGLES
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This thread sucks.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

what are u trying to teach me and asb bbjunky81 that S.W is better than most soc1 schools, I'm not buying it. if I hadn't watched the white oak game u could pass this off on me just by hearing people talk but the Blevins boy saved ur season against white oak and I'm not sure they can handle our pressure and how physical the eagles are.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:what are u trying to teach me and asb bbjunky81 that S.W is better than most soc1 schools, I'm not buying it. if I hadn't watched the white oak game u could pass this off on me just by hearing people talk but the Blevins boy saved ur season against white oak and I'm not sure they can handle our pressure and how physical the eagles are.
Not saying they are better. Saying they are just as good as the top of SOC 1. So beating the 3rd best team in that conference would not be an upset.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

brown22 wrote:what are u trying to teach me and asb bbjunky81 that S.W is better than most soc1 schools, I'm not buying it. if I hadn't watched the white oak game u could pass this off on me just by hearing people talk but the Blevins boy saved ur season against white oak and I'm not sure they can handle our pressure and how physical the eagles are.

You act as if SW vs WO was a nail-biting game.

SW led 16-4 after the first
SW led 35-13 at half
SW led 47-24 after 3 quarters
SW won by 19

Whiteoak beat Manchester by 23 and then Fairfield beat Manchester barely in the sectionals....so we can assume East will beat Fairfield by eleventy hundred?

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

^^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheSportsGuy
Freshman Team

Post by TheSportsGuy »

Ironman92 you forgot to carry the 1. :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”