Western vs East District Final

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Western vs East District Final

Post by formerfcfan »

LAIndian wrote:Seen a couple games on the internet of HP, and they are the real deal.
Just an FYI, HP just lost. Wellington School beat them. Wellington is very good. Winner of Wellington/Newark Catholic goes to the Convo to play winner of Western/East.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

I think Western/East can play with Newark Catholic, don't know about Wellington, saw them play 2 years ago and they weren't very good, must of got some guys "in".

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Regarding Wellington...

They have some very tall players. All of their players, except one, started out there. They lost to Africentric by 4 points @ Africentric, and have beaten Harvest Prep twice, Fairfield Christian once, and Worthington Christian. The previous few seasons they started all underclassmen, those underclassmen are now seniors. This is a "lightning in the bottle" team they have. Previous years they were alright, not necessarily "underachieving" but they got better incrementally. Their coach is good too.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

good luck to both schools

LAIndian
Waterboy

Post by LAIndian »

formerfcfan wrote:
LAIndian wrote:Seen a couple games on the internet of HP, and they are the real deal.
Just an FYI, HP just lost. Wellington School beat them. Wellington is very good. Winner of Wellington/Newark Catholic goes to the Convo to play winner of Western/East.
That's my point. That's the only school that I have seen play of the four, and I don't think Western, or East could play with HP, let alone Wellington.
It would be interesting to see a Newark Catholic vs either of these two. But, not so sure that Newark Catholic can advance.

Blue33
Freshman Team

Post by Blue33 »

Ok we get it. Southern Ohio sucks. Go troll another forum.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Blue33 wrote:Ok we get it. Southern Ohio sucks. Go troll another forum.
I don't get your comment. What LAIndian is saying is spot on. The level of basketball goes way up when you get to Columbus. I saw Wellington once earlier in the season, and there's no SE Ohio D4 team that can beat them. Period. That's not knocking the SE Ohio teams, it is what it is.

I think D4 in SE Ohio was very solid at the top with 8-10 teams capable of winning a district title. However, there's not 1 team that glaringly is out infront of the rest, which typically is what it takes for this area to send someone to the State (Like South Webster in 06, they won their district semifinal by 50 and their district final by 40, everyone knew they were capable).

Watching SE Ohio basketball
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

What will really be interesting is if Newark Catholic springs the upset.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The games will be played and the cards will fall where they may.

Not sure it'll happen NE; I watched em play FC earlier and while they were in control they never made it an out-of-reach game. Jaguars may be too tall for NC

Onto this game: very hard to beat a team three times in one season.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

NewEra wrote:What will really be interesting is if Newark Catholic springs the upset.
It definitely wouldn't shock me if they did. They have some size and strength, plus just tough kids that don't quit. I like their coaching staff as well, they always seem to have them prepared by tournament time.

I do think it would bode well for SE Ohio teams if Newark Catholic would win.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
NewEra
All Conference

Post by NewEra »

bbjunky81 wrote:
NewEra wrote:What will really be interesting is if Newark Catholic springs the upset.
It definitely wouldn't shock me if they did. They have some size and strength, plus just tough kids that don't quit. I like their coaching staff as well, they always seem to have them prepared by tournament time.

I do think it would bode well for SE Ohio teams if Newark Catholic would win.
I think it would be the best match-up for a SE district team. I am not saying the East-Western winner will beat NC, but I think the match-up is more hopeful than Wellington.

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

rosemount guy wrote:Congratulations to the 2 SOC 1 teams from a clay panther fan. Only wish we were playing Saturday too. May the best one win and good luck to both your teams.
My sentiments as well. Good luck Saturday to both teams.

Rebels on 3.....1-2-3 REBELS!!!!
NeutralField
Waterboy

Post by NeutralField »

The Good: Remarkable post-season by Western hard to not root for you guys. A District Title opportunity for this team is above and beyond where anyone thought they would be.

The Bad: SE Ohio is going to be the definite underdog in any of these Regional games, would like to see us at least put our best against the rest of Ohios best meaning if East can peak like Western has and have their opponents come onto the court and play as miserable as those teams have, anything could happen.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Very good seasons by East, Western, Trimble, and Waterford, and playing for the district championship makes the 2015-2016 even more special. Whoever the district champions will be, enjoy your accomplishment and cherish the journey to reach that goal. To the teams that lose the district championship game, don't let it get you down, for it does not sour your season. There were only 4 SE D4 teams to advance this far.

Regional talk can start regional week. For right now, this is district championship time.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Game day!! East has to control the tempo of this game and keep pressure on Western who is peaking at the right time.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

7-2 East

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

East 13 Western 3

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

End of first East 15 Western 7

Turnovers hurting Western

Bucknuts15
Waterboy

Post by Bucknuts15 »

Score now?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

any radio station broadcasting this one ? thought WNXT would but nothing on there but music

Return to “Boys Basketball”