Eastern @ Southern

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern @ Southern

Post by redeagle »

I'd just like to see classof 86 & royrp2 sit together & watch this game!..lol..Might be more entertaining than the game..Which sometimes is the case in this rivalry!..Fans can sometimes take the spotlight!..Just hope you guys get to stay in Hayman Gymnasium!..
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW do we have a date on this game?!..

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Hello....its not 1982....those guys that lucked their way in to the State tournamnet arent playing anymore. Did Southern have undefeated JH teams in roundball too?
:lol:

Howie will have the troops ready!

Eastern 80
Southern 0

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Maybe KC can join 86 & roy!..lol..

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

u could join us too redeagle

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

I don't think I'm going to make it to that 1..Sorry 86...I know you're heartbroken..lol..but I think I'm going to have to stay up C-bus..

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

KC Java wrote:Hello....its not 1982....those guys that lucked their way in to the State tournamnet arent playing anymore. Did Southern have undefeated JH teams in roundball too?

Eastern 80
Southern 0

Your right the 1982 team is lucky.
(1) 26 years later they're still talking about us.
(2) We never lost 13 games from 5th grade thru 12th grade. Let alone in 1 season.
(3) We won 26 games in 1 season. 8 wins a season will take your entire 4 years of high school to match.
(4) Getting to play in a state championship.

Your lucky too. You have one of our old coaches. Yes he will have his players ready to play.
They were'nt undefeated in jr. High, but they were in grade school.
This will be a close game. It always is no matter what the records are. Good defense and not many turnovers will win. I like Southern by 9.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

KC Java wrote:
Hello....its not 1982....those guys that lucked their way in to the State tournamnet arent playing anymore. Did Southern have undefeated JH teams in roundball too?

I'd say the Tornadoes of 1982 were unlucky not to have the 3 pt line or they'd have been State Champs!

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

tornado-frenzy11 wrote:
KC Java wrote:Hello....its not 1982....those guys that lucked their way in to the State tournamnet arent playing anymore. Did Southern have undefeated JH teams in roundball too?

Eastern 80
Southern 0

Can we say...RETARDED...you must not know much about anything huh southern was also supposed to lose 40-0 according to you...Get a life!

Can we say...Nutri-System... :lol:

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Hopper 11 wrote:

Eastern 80
Southern 0

Your right the 1982 team is lucky.
(1) 26 years later they're still talking about us.
(2) We never lost 13 games from 5th grade thru 12th grade. Let alone in 1 season.
(3) We won 26 games in 1 season. 8 wins a season will take your entire 4 years of high school to match.
(4) Getting to play in a state championship.

Your lucky too. You have one of our old coaches. Yes he will have his players ready to play.
They were'nt undefeated in jr. High, but they were in grade school.
This will be a close game. It always is no matter what the records are. Good defense and not many turnovers will win. I like Southern by 9.

The program at SHS is stuck in 82....no progress being made. This will be exposed in the first game.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

redeagle wrote:
KC Java wrote:

I'd say the Tornadoes of 1982 were unlucky not to have the 3 pt line or they'd have been State Champs!

woulda, coulda, shoulda.........Bottom line, when the chips were down, this team came up short.

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Yes, they are still talking about themselves from what I have seen. I could see if they actually won a state championship. Maybe wear the championship rings and have an annual reunion. But to harp about it and re-live an almost championship from 26 years ago is a little much IMO. I mean what effect could the almost championship team have on this seasons game?

I am sure the 3 point line would have made a difference for a lot of teams back then. Unless they only awarded the extra point per made shot to Southern, I don't see how you can say that would have resulted in an actual championship.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

If there would have been a three point line then the other teams would have adapted to it and who knows what would have happened

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

No sorry me and 86 dont sit together...we're on different sides of the ball! And Java....80-0...come on man!!

royrp 2
Waterboy

Post by royrp 2 »

The game is Friday December 5th AT SOUTHERN!!

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Southern 2 wins Eastern 0 in 07-08. That was last year ,so were not living in the past. How about the 1982 Eastern Football Team if playoff system was like today. Now I would have to say they are unlucky.

redeagle
Riding the Bench

Post by redeagle »

Hopper11 wrote:
Southern 2 wins Eastern 0 in 07-08. That was last year ,so were not living in the past. How about the 1982 Eastern Football Team if playoff system was like today. Now I would have to say they are unlucky.

I completely agree the 1981 Eastern football team would have been in!..I'm just saying the Tornadoes would have had a better chance of winning this past game!

classof86 wrote:
If there would have been a three point line then the other teams would have adapted to it and who knows what would have happened

Maybe but the tornadoes had the threat to shoot out there anyways!..Had the 3 pt line been in effect i believe it would have benefited them a touch more.

Just a what-if fellas..Don't get your panties in a bunch!..LOL

TMD
Waterboy

Post by TMD »

How about we stick to the present and stay away from the past....the topic of this is Eastern@Southern game on december 5th so lets just talk about those teams and the game ahead!!!

Go Get It
Freshman Team

Post by Go Get It »

Should be a good game. Hopefully better for the Eagles than the football game!

Return to “Boys Basketball”