Jackson 65 @ Portsmouth 100 "Triple Header"

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Portsmouth "Triple Header"

Post by Ironman92 »

Portsmouth 100
Jackson 65

Congrats to Portsmouth and the very best of luck in the league. Forrest, Horne, Williams, Bendolph....geesh 4x100 team?

Dylan Newsome for Jackson continued his fine season by dropping 22 points on the Trojans.

Hang with it Jackson boys and fans......

Keep playing hard and do what you are told.....good things will come.
Last edited by Ironman92 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The JV team is 3-2 I believe but I don't see any of those players being ready to play better than the current varsity players.

The JV team is just simply more competitive than the varsity.....it's not like they could beat the Jackson varsity team or even come close.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Understand a little better now. Thanks

Hey, 65 points. that is something to build upon for the Ironmen. because if they score 55 against Unioto next week they will be right in the game.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Jackson 65 @ Portsmouth 100 "Triple Header"

Post by biggdowgg »

JV game

Portsmouth 33

Jackson 29

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

good luck to Jackson , they ran some nice ofensive plays and got some easy scores , and was lighting it up, from way beyond the 3 poiunt line in the first half.

heard the radio guy say, portsmouith had 6 guys in double figures, and a couple more close.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Thanks, biggdowgg

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats to Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
Jottings wrote:Thanks, biggdowgg

ask him if he has cleaned the ink off of his hand yet...

:mrgreen:

lucky I FOUND AN INK PEN ON THE WAY IN THE DOOR,,,now next time I need some paper,I left the pen behind my seat :mrgreen:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

This was my first look at the Trojans and I was impressed with the Defense They have steped it up.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

If Jackson scored 65 against Portsmouth, i wouldnt say the defense has stepped it up much. Now scoring 100? thats good anytime.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

85inside wrote:If Jackson scored 65 against Portsmouth, i wouldnt say the defense has stepped it up much. Now scoring 100? thats good anytime.

Im sure if you seen us play last year any at all, you would know what he was talking about.

plus they give up a few points with the subs,and ad that Jackson hit about 6 threes from 4 feet beyond the 3 point line in the first half.

but, over all we do need a lot of work on Defense befor we get into the tough part of our shedule

caglewis
SEOP

Post by caglewis »

Congrats to PORTSMOUTH! Big wins for both Ironton and Portsmouth tonight!
And I'll take this 60-degree "Christmas" weather anytime!
"Let it snow" = somewhere else, please!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to the Trojans on the win.

Keep working hard, Ironmen! The wins will come eventually.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Trojans on the win........if my records are correct, it is the first 100 point game for Portsmouth since 1994.........when PHS scored exactly 100 vs. Williamson, WV............

It is also the first 3-0 start for the Trojans since 1999....our 2001 team went 19-5 but lost their first game of the year to Washington CH.......our 1999 team started 7-0 before losing at Vinton County in OT........that PHS team went to the regionals.

Defensively, the Trojans are BETTER this year........Jackson had 43 points heading into the last quarter, in which half of that quarter was played by the bench. As biggdowgg said, the Ironmen hit a number of 3's in the first half........but after the intermission, Portsmouth tightened that up.

Offensively, this team is tough to defend......either with zone or man defense. I talked to the Jackson coaches after the game and they pretty much said the same thing.........I also told them that things will get better for the Ironmen.........Coach Jordan was very nice to talk to and very cordial...........

I am so impressed with how Jacob Stevens and Zack Link have played their way into the starting lineup.........they hustle, rebound, defend, and do the other intangibles needed to help this team.........and Andrew Bendolph.......this kid has been outstanding after 3 games........he is SO MUCH BETTER than last year............

Anthony Williams had a monster game.......with 2 slams......and when he is hitting that mid range jumper, he is really hard to defend.........Tory Horne had a great 3rd quarter, scoring 12 points, while Forrest Johnson and Nate Cadogen played very well off the bench......Nate had a double double, and Forrest nailed a couple of 3's......good to see Corey Allison knock down a 3.......we are going to need that from Corey as the season goes.

Things will get better for the Ironmen, but it will take some time. I looked at the roster in the program, and I believe JHS has at least 4 starters who will be back next season..........including Dobbins, Newsome, Christman, and A.Brown.

To our kids, keep working hard, you have the chance to make this season special, but it will take determination and committment to do the things necessary to fulfill our potential.........and so far, so good.

KEEP IT GOING, TROJANS!!!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

That was the largest crowd I've seen at our new gym........the rhythmic clapping before the game was great, and I heard some comments from some fans about how good the team looked.....and of course scoring 100 points.....very rare to do that........it was great to see some excitement back at a Trojan home game!!!

Nice job by Talitha Malone and Gerald Cadogen on singing the national anthem before the game!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

I am so impressed with how Jacob Stevens and Zack Link have played their way into the starting lineup.........

I had a guy ask me, "that was not at any games lasy year", why is Jacob Stevens starting, I explained why, but it only took one queter for him to look at me and say,,,,'NEVER MIND!

Jacob and Zack both play veryt hard and get after it the entire time on the floor,,,Dave can tell you, I LOVE kids that hustle, I HATE more then anything to see us get out hustled on the floor, they may not score the points that our big scores do, but they are just as important when they are out there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”