SHL 2011-2012

sparky
All State

Re: SHL 2011-2012

Post by sparky »

i would guess that a lot of arey's assists came from bringing the ball down the floor and throwing it to justice for the shot. assists are one stat that are hard to define not everyone has the same definition of what an assist really consists of.

this year he will have the other justice on the wing to help him ring up even more assists.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

i agree with sparky...and ricketts spreads the ball out to all players not just one in particular like arey did with justice and will do again to a justice again this year

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

not doggin on arey or justice cause they both are really good players just statin that most of his assists were to one player in particular unlike ricketts who spreads the ball out evenly...

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Andy Countryman averaged 17pts a game, Daniels 11, and Mcfarland around 8. Justice Definately wasn't the only one doing the scoring. Very Similar to Manchester after Combs Blevins averaged 18 and west averaged about 9. Peebles scoring was actually a little more balanced scoring with nearly 4 players in double digits. Manchester only averaged 54.4 points per game where Peebles averaged 76.8? sounds like the ball was being spread rather nicely in Peebles. Considering they averaged 19 assists a game to Manchesters 12. Them stats will get ya everytime! :)

Both teams had great years and both teams had great players!

buttttttttttttt..................................

..............that my friends, is the ugly truth!!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

76.8 with justice averaging most of them points due to bein a consistent ball hog but heck when u can shoot as good as him u will avergae alot of points...justice was a great player dont get me wrong not doggin on him but he was a ball hog...but u cant say that the ball was bein passed around evenly when clearly one person was scorin more than others on his team by a long shot..back to arey i agree hes a very good pg but hes not the best in the shl..

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:76.8 with justice averaging most of them points due to bein a consistent ball hog but heck when u can shoot as good as him u will avergae alot of points...justice was a great player dont get me wrong not doggin on him but he was a ball hog...but u cant say that the ball was bein passed around evenly when clearly one person was scorin more than others on his team by a long shot..back to arey i agree hes a very good pg but hes not the best in the shl..
Blake Justice: 27.2ppg
Rest of team: 49.6ppg
Manchester total: 54.4ppg

Peebles, minus Justice, averaged nearly as many points total as Manchester's whole squad so im not really getting your arguement that the ball was not passed around to other people. Ricketts is a strong pg no doubt but as is Arey and this debate will undoubtably go back and forth until the two go head to head in the first league game next season.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

who made it further??nuff said

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:who made it further??nuff said
In division 4.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

No flaws in that logic lol

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

They are both very fine players the fact that Trent put up those numbers as a sophmore in a very good league is very impressive to me. I'm excited to see how his game changes this year when they will need more point production from him. I think his assist total will drop somewhat but we will see his dad has taught him a great deal about the game and it reflects in his play very high basketball IQ.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Are we comparing players or tournament runs? lol

So I guess Ricketts is better than Justice too since Manchester went a little farther in DIVISION 4! lol WOW, that's like saying Mike Bibby is better than Kobe Bryant because the Heat went farther in the playoffs lol.

Those stats don't lie pal. I am from neither Manchester or Peebles, and have no ties to either one, but this is a no brainer! lol, sorry bud

nuff' said

...................and that my friends is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

yeah d-4...so wat peebles was in d-3 it aint much better...over half of the teams in d-4 would of beat peebles last year...harvest prep the team that manchester got screwed against would of shredded peebles apart

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:yeah d-4...so wat peebles was in d-3 it aint much better...over half of the teams in d-4 would of beat peebles last year...harvest prep the team that manchester got screwed against would of shredded peebles apart
lol Alright. D3 was MUCH better than D4 this past season. Fairfield, Manchester, and Whiteoak were three of the four best teams in the district this past season in D4 and Peebles beat them in 5 out of the 6 games they played during the regular season(the majority of them being pretty convincing wins). I think they would have been just fine playing down a division lol.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Streetballer, you really need to get out of Manchester sometime. Your logic is typical of those who wear rose colored glasses. Your posts on the football forum are unrealistic as well. Manchester has some good athletes but there is life outside of Lower Adams County.

Grinder
Freshman Team

Post by Grinder »

I wouldn't decide who was the better point guard by what division they played in or how far they went in the tournament. Stats are misleading as well. Some schools have kids trying to keep stats or a bias parent. An assist in itself is misleading, was it a nice pass through traffic for a lay up or was it a floater to an unguarded player thirty feet away from the bucket? One of the most important stats for a point guard that I never saw listed are turnovers. IMO you have to watch the players play yourself. I watched both these teams play last year but I never really focused on their point guard play.So I couldn't tell you who was better.

theuglytruth
Varsity

Post by theuglytruth »

Grinder wrote:I wouldn't decide who was the better point guard by what division they played in or how far they went in the tournament. Stats are misleading as well. Some schools have kids trying to keep stats or a bias parent. An assist in itself is misleading, was it a nice pass through traffic for a lay up or was it a floater to an unguarded player thirty feet away from the bucket? One of the most important stats for a point guard that I never saw listed are turnovers. IMO you have to watch the players play yourself. I watched both these teams play last year but I never really focused on their point guard play.So I couldn't tell you who was better.

Now this is a good post and I agree with you! A division is no way to decided and stats can be misleading.

As far as turnovers that is a great point. Ricketts had 87 assists to 70 turnovers on the year and Arey had 173 assists to 59 Turnovers. That is an UNREAL assists to turnover ratio! Thats about a 3 to 1 ratio!!!!! aside from Rickets who was a little better that a 1:1 Ratio!

This is really the only argument anyone needs.

.....................and that my friends is the ugly truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Just found out that Peebles has a 6'5"ish foreign exchange student from Italy who plans to play basketball. Im not sure how good he is but you cant teach height right? The Indians should have good size this season with 6'6" Jake Daniels, 6'4" Tyler Gray, 6'4"/6'5" Francesco Menna, plus 4 or 5 other players who are around 6'2" who should see good minutes.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

glad to see that a foreign exchange student is comin to play in the shl...wish him all the luck and hope he does good..should be an interesting season in the shl...

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

streetballer wrote:glad to see that a foreign exchange student is comin to play in the shl...wish him all the luck and hope he does good..should be an interesting season in the shl...
Yeah, I havent seen him play but ive been told he has some decent post moves if he does actually decide to give it a shot this season. He wont start but would definitly add some depth to the roster. We have had a lot of exchange students play soccer but he is the first too play basketball for Peebles in about 5yrs. I also agree with it being an interesting season. There should be a lot of good matchups. I cant wait for everything to start back up.

streetballer
Varsity

Post by streetballer »

i cant wait for the season to start either...peebles-manchester game could be a barn burner again this year..the shl should be interesting this season gonna be some really good teams...i can see manchester makin a really deep tourny run along with with peebles makin a run and north adams to...ripley could be dangerous team as they still have experienced players on their roster along with sharp-shooter jordan mitchell but their tourny success might be limited if their still in the same bracket along with some talented cincy teams

Return to “Boys Basketball”