Riding the Bench

Re: Reedsville Eastern at Federal hocking 1/19/10

Post by seopsfan »

Thanks. Sounds like Fed Hock played a pretty good game

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

These are the types of games that Eastern has to win to prove that they are one of the top teams. Federal Hocking played very well, very hard, and very physical. You have to give Eastern credit for never backing down when it would have been very easy to. This was a very well played game by both teams. It just shows you how much harder it is to play on the road than at home. Nice job to both teams and good luck to them both as well.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

athens78 wrote:Eastern will win this game by 30 plus.

Bad Guess..

Eastern 59
Fed Hock 52 (OT)

Nice game by the Eagles, everybody knows it's tough to win in Sturt. Lancers played well and hard. Thompson, Torrence & Rex played well. Tommy G. took it to the hole (private joke). Clark was strong on defense. This one could have gone either way. Howie righted the ship late and Eastern pulled it out. Eastern is solid and deep. Fun game to watch....

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Congratulations to both boys and girls teams, from both schools, on hard played, clean games tonight.

Isn't it amazing that a triple header can be played, both teams and fans respect each other, and there is no sniping on the internet, post game?

WOW, there may be a lesson to be learned for a few folks out there in the TVC about how to be objective about the outcome of a game, and win or lose with class.

Geesh, I never ever thought I'd say that about a TVC sporting event, period. Break out the history books! ;-) ;-) ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. Sounds like the Lancers played a great game. Congrats to both teams and good luck down the road.

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

Fed Hock played very good defense and didnt ever give up... but Eastern just found a way to win. They fought hard and kept going at it. Down 7 going into the fourth and they had a shot at the end of regulation to win it that didn't quite fall. But they got the job done in OT.

Congrats to the Eagles for a hard faught victory that they've been looking for against Fed for quite some time now.

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

This was an instant classic in Stewart tonite, TVC hard fought to the wire at it's best. Eastern has a very disciplined team and they stayed right in it for the win. A game that a bounce this way, a call that way would have altered the outcome.

Great team effort by the Lancers tonite............just keep it coming!! Tyler Thompson definitely gets the tip for the MVP of this one and who can stop him in the TVC? No body to date. He gets my nod for the league MVP!

Not the rollover at Stewart the Eagles were looking for. You had to work for this one! Congrats to the Fed Hock JV boys for picking up a nice win!! Some very nice young post players developing for the Lancers!

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Kid green wrote:Da refs kept da Fed in dis 1. Den day saw dat da Howie was stompin and starin and dey called it his way. Dat wat da kid be sayin. :mrgreen:

Another Southern poster trying to act like he is from Eastern. What a poser. :lol:

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Reedsville Eastern at Federal hocking 1/8/10

Post by Baldeagle »

DUNK 1 wrote:What does my boy have to do to earn the respect he deserves. This game may have been close but when you are Eastern everyone plays their best against you especially at home with these homer refs they hire. Still we are finding ways to win. Dont be hatin the stromp.....it be workin, just ask kid green.

There does seem to be a faction of eagle bashers especially in glouster and racine.

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

baldeagle wrote:
DUNK 1 wrote:What does my boy have to do to earn the respect he deserves. This game may have been close but when you are Eastern everyone plays their best against you especially at home with these homer refs they hire. Still we are finding ways to win. Dont be hatin the stromp.....it be workin, just ask kid green.

There does seem to be a faction of eagle bashers especially in glouster and racine.

The only Eastern bashing Trimble does is on the football and baseball fields. :lol:

colts01
Waterboy

Post by colts01 »

What a great game to watch! :122245 Lancer's played great but Eastern never backed down. The Lady Lancers put up quite a fight as well, and Fed Hock JV pulled it together in the last half despite about a million turn overs.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

There are only two places harder to win in the Hocking. Trimble and Southern both due to officiating. Eastern has won at both places. Looks like Howie will take home the TVC Champs trophy again this year. :12224

bistro
Waterboy

Post by bistro »

Only half way through the Hocking Div.? It's quite premature to say they will be taking the TVC title with Trimble playing better ball, Southern still a rivalry game and FH always gives Eastern a battle. Any of these games could go either way. As far as officiating until the league has an assigner teams have to deal with each situation and adapt. IMO this is a mute point because until this happens in the TVC someone is always going to say they got homered.

Steegal
Freshman Team

Post by Steegal »

No assigner needed just have some integrity when you hire officials and hire some that have integrity as well. That is what Pam does. All three of the teams you mentioned have to play at Eastern. That is like a neutral court as far as officiating goes, so I cant see Howie having any trouble beating those teams with relative ease.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Steegal wrote:There are only two places harder to win in the Hocking. Trimble and Southern both due to officiating. Eastern has won at both places. Looks like Howie will take home the TVC Champs trophy again this year. :12224

What a dumb statement, what teams starting point guard fouled out Friday? It wasn't yours was it, but you got cheated at Southern. I get tired of hearing people cry about officials, you won steegal and you are still crying. I think you are just a little cry baby. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

cg 22 wrote:
Steegal wrote:There are only two places harder to win in the Hocking. Trimble and Southern both due to officiating. Eastern has won at both places. Looks like Howie will take home the TVC Champs trophy again this year. :12224

What a dumb statement, what teams starting point guard fouled out Friday? It wasn't yours was it, but you got cheated at Southern. I get tired of hearing people cry about officials, you won steegal and you are still crying. I think you are just a little cry baby. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyone from Meigs County complaining about officiating is hilarious to me. The very people who refuse to allow a neutral person assign officials are ironically the first to complain about getting cheated. I think it is a case of those who cheat think everyone else cheats too. :lol:

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Good win for the EAGLES. THE FED played some very good D.Number 20 for FED was unreal with the NBA 3,s. Just a reminder Steegal,Coach doesn,t play.The players have to make plays,but I assure you coach Caldwell will have them in a poistion to win or die of a heart attack doing it.Also enjoyed Mikey,s dunk to open the game.It was pretty ,but only counts two points and the game goes on.GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

The dunk was sweet though

gh123
JV Team

Post by gh123 »

gobucks31 wrote:Good win for the EAGLES. THE FED played some very good D.Number 20 for FED was unreal with the NBA 3,s. Just a reminder Steegal,Coach doesn,t play.The players have to make plays,but I assure you coach Caldwell will have them in a poistion to win or die of a heart attack doing it.Also enjoyed Mikey,s dunk to open the game.It was pretty ,but only counts two points and the game goes on.GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

The dunk was nice. A very good way to get the eagle fans in it early. BUT, number 20 wasn't hitting the threes from NBA range. He sure did attempt a ton of them. If you noticed, the ones he made were from the normal three point line--or about 6 inches behind it.(except the shot before half time) Gotta make me wonder what would happen if this kid shot all the time from there..

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:
cg 22 wrote:

Anyone from Meigs County complaining about officiating is hilarious to me. The very people who refuse to allow a neutral person assign officials are ironically the first to complain about getting cheated. I think it is a case of those who cheat think everyone else cheats too. :lol:

What is funny to me is you blame the Meigs County teams for not having a neutral person to assign officials. Out of the 13 tvc schools Meigs Co. has 3 and other than Athens the 3 Meigs Co schools were the last to join the tvc. I would say it is someone besides the Meigs Co. schools. I would also say you just like to run your mouth even when you don't know what you are talking about, which after reading your posts is 99.9% of the time. This site is about Eastern vs Fed Hock game, sorry I had to come on here and respond to something off topic.

Return to “Boys Basketball”