OVC STANDINGS

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Re: OVC STANDINGS

Post by Manxious2 »

ovc fan wrote:just my opinion after the last couple weeks...peake and point gonna be two good games. dragons, better luck next year but that aint gonna happen either cause those two teams will be loaded for bear again next year! peake may even be a better team next year. like i said...just my opinion.

ovc fan: Just curious, how do you possibly see the peake as being MORE loaded next year? I do think that with Copley, McMasters and Kennedy improving any more into next year then they will indeed be a force to deal with but you have to be able to fill the gaps that are lost after this year.
(Although Copley is a "force" to be reckoned with here and now, the improvements that I am seeing with Kennedy and McMasters from game to game are outstanding) I am anxious to see South Points line-up playing against Chesapeake.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Do you have the updated standings?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I think South Point will have more gaps to fill but will still have Barnes and Winkler. Far as the Peake goes...they lose Hintz and Saunders as starters. The little Hintz can play just as good and maybe better scorer than his brother. IMO Javon Thompson will be the other starter. He should grow an inch or two possibly. McMaster will keep getting stronger with football and be a bigger force inside. Just the way I see it. Just an opinion.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Don't get too high on the Cabel Midland win. They have been awful since 2002. Chesapeake did show a lot of moxie against Spring Valley and I was very proud of their effort. Those were two very good wins, but those two teams are no better then Wheelersburg in my opinion.

Chesapeake is better then South Point. I have a hard time seeing how they match up with the Panthers.

Why would someone not think that the remianing players would not improve over the season? Most players get better from one season to the next. He is only going to get better. He will be much better handling the basketball next season, that is an area he can improve in. He will also get bigger and stronger. This will help him finish when he is around the rim, something he has trouble with now. I think he will also grow another inch or so. He is a match up nightmare. Kennedy will continue to get better as well. I think he shots the 3 better then he does the 15-footer. He will develop more touch around the rim and will also get stronger. He could use some foot work development. He will get better.

There is a much higher ceiling for the Chesapeake kids then the South Point kids imo.

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

true avalanche, but after next season then what for those two schools?
i think after next year the dragons will have the advantage, there jv is a pretty good jv squad.
they beat the peake jv with ease.
and i think they beat the SP jv but im not positive.
the Dragons won be to bad next year either, they return Salyers, Fisher, and Holbrooke as starters..
im not sure who the other 2 will be tho, probably Fuller..and the other will just be whoever works the hardest.
but next season Chesapeake will be just as good as this year maybe even better with another years experience.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

Manxious2 wrote:
ovc fan: Just curious, how do you possibly see the peake as being MORE loaded next year? I do think that with Copley, McMasters and Kennedy improving any more into next year then they will indeed be a force to deal with but you have to be able to fill the gaps that are lost after this year.
(Although Copley is a "force" to be reckoned with here and now, the improvements that I am seeing with Kennedy and McMasters from game to game are outstanding) I am anxious to see South Points line-up playing against Chesapeake

I have seen several of South Point's & Chesapeake's games this year and agree with you about these two teams having good years next year. After watching Chessy play at the SJI and seeing their improvement, they are a decent to good team now, but they can become a very good team by years end "if they learn how to play together and hit the open man".
They only had two players involved in their offence against Spring Valley, and were lucky to win that game. It took two last second desperation 3's to get the win. The inside was open all night & totally not used. Previously, Chessy had been getting it inside over several games and getting great numbers from the big guys. IMO, If the big men are left out of the offence and there is no balanced scoring you will not win many games against good teams. Live by the three and die B.T. three.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Peake will be fine next year. But hey heres a thought lets get through this season first. SJI was a nice tourny for the Peake, but they were lucky to come out of the Spring Valley game with no one hurt. Spring Valley got away with murder. Kicking, holding I'm suprised there wasn't biting involved. To think that they won the sportsmanship award is a joke. They have no sportsmanship on the floor or off.
Again the Peake will be fine next year coach Davis will get several of the younger (jv) boys where he wants them there may be a year or so where talent drops but for all the up coming classes for several years there are at least a couple players to be had

wemufans
All Conference

Post by wemufans »

Enjoy the success now, but unless you get some recruits coming in the 5th and 6th grad all stars are very down and will kill you when they get to middle and high school.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I just have two questions. Avalanche, What pro team did you play for and where do you coach now? I agree with one thing here....looking ahead that far is not a good idea. Sorry I mentioned it. Good luck to both the Pointers and the Peake in Tourney play. Hope the OVC represents!

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

ovcfan,

i offered up my opinion and i feel i back it up pretty well. If you do not agree, that is fine, but don't mock me unless you are going to debate with a better argument then i must be a pro or some immature comment.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

wemufans wrote:Enjoy the success now, but unless you get some recruits coming in the 5th and 6th grad all stars are very down and will kill you when they get to middle and high school.

Recruits???? you have to be kidding? You build and develop at that level. I have seen years in the past where Chesapeake has had down years as far as talent goes and along comes kids that have the talent as freshmen to play at the varsity level. All things even out as a whole. The important thing is to keep your youth program strong overall.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Manxious2 wrote:
wemufans wrote:Enjoy the success now, but unless you get some recruits coming in the 5th and 6th grad all stars are very down and will kill you when they get to middle and high school.

Recruits???? you have to be kidding? You build and develop at that level. I have seen years in the past where Chesapeake has had down years as far as talent goes and along comes kids that have the talent as freshmen to play at the varsity level. All things even out as a whole. The important thing is to keep your youth program strong overall.

You haven't seen them play ! :?

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Can anyone update these standings?

3musketeers
Waterboy

Post by 3musketeers »

please--how in the world you can base a kid's level of play on how he is playing as a 5th or 6th grader is beyond me. I have seen many "stars" in the 5-8th grade sit the bench in high school and have seen many "average" players become the "star" on varsity. That is why it is important to develop all your players coming through the youth ranks and not just focus on a few kids at that level. You never know what your missing!

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

team overall league

South Point 9-4, 5-0
Peake 9-3, 5-0
Coal Grove 10-4, 3-3
Fairland 6-6, 2-3
River Valley 2-8 1-4
Rock Hill 5-8, 0-6

OSUFBALL21
Riding the Bench

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

i wonder what kind of non-confrence schedule Coal Grove played to get those other 7 wins haha???

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqBHg0IQfYI

Here's a highlight from the Peake/Rock Hill game from youtube. I think its already got 40+ hits. Its not bad if you have the sound up so you can hear the rim and the crowd. First time I watched was with no sound and it wasnt that great. Then when I heard it....wow! lol. Not bad for a 15 year old.

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

team overall league

Peake 13-3, 8-0
South Point 11-6, 7-1
Coal Grove 13-5, 5-4
Fairland 9-8, 3-5
River Valley 3-11, 2-6
Rock Hill 6-11, 0-9
feel free to make corrections

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

On the Gallipolis opponent standings Jottings has RV at 3-13. He is usually pretty accurate.

Thanks for the update.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Peake over South Point tonight by around 12 i think. Was a good game. They shoul beat River Valley at home Wednesday to go unbeaten in conference play. Congrats to the young men and Coach Davis.

Return to “Boys Basketball”