Early guess on top 4 seeds at DIII Southeast sites.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Re: Early guess on top 4 seeds at DIII Southeast sites.

Post by trojandave »

I agree with your post, 85inside........if both meet in the sectional, it confirms what we've been saying about sectional voting.....I remember in 1987 that Portsmouth was 17-3 and Wheelersburg was 16-4.....and yet they both met in the FIRST round of the sectional. And there were other teams with lesser records that got a much easier bracket.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Jackson :
#1 Oak Hill #2 Ironton #3 The Peake #4 Portsmouth / Valley

Waverly:
#1 Peebles #2 Piketon #3 Eastern Brown #4 Northwest

Athens:
#1 Zane Trace #2 Belpre #3 ALex #4 Federal Hocking / NY / Fairland
Last edited by Main Man on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Athens is weak.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Ironman92 wrote:Athens is weak.

That is why I would almost rather Peebles have a 3 seed than the 1

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

And you would get hammered by Oak Hill in the district finals. Goodluck. The #2 seed would be better for you.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Main Man wrote:And you would get hammered by Oak Hill in the district finals. Goodluck. The #2 seed would be better for you.

Hammered by Oak Hill? Good luck with that one. I am worried about the sectionals first of all. I dont care if we play the Oaks or Oak Hill Academy any teams that are in the district finals are going to be VERY good and a tough out. We will worry about the districts when and if we make it that far.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

I'm confused ,then why would you look ahead and want a #3 seed one minute and not the next ? If that's the case ,then you want the #1 seed if all your worried about is the sectional.
I'm not being sarcastic. I would say that you would want the #2 seed in waverly for the district. Bottom line is you've earned the #1 and thats signed and delivered.
IMO, Oak Hill is the one to look out for this year.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Main Man wrote:I'm confused ,then why would you look ahead and want a #3 seed one minute and not the next ? If that's the case ,then you want the #1 seed if all your worried about is the sectional.
I'm not being sarcastic. I would say that you would want the #2 seed in waverly for the district. Bottom line is you've earned the #1 and thats signed and delivered.
IMO, Oak Hill is the one to look out for this year.

Im just saying that we have a good chance of going down in the districts no matter who we play, we need to just be focused on making a run at the sectional crown right now. I can see your point though, Oak Hill is a very good team and should be on everyones radar. Peebles is also a very good team. I think an 11-0 record and quality wins against Zane Trace and South Point should silence some of the SHL haters on this site.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Point taken. The Jackson draw is a mess. I would love to be a fly on the wall.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

I would like to see the district seed out everyone in the district 1-32. Play three locations. Don't give me travel these teams travel all over the state to play. Jackson sectional is loaded and Athens is a joke. Two maybe three teams worthy of districts. Each is sending 4 teams. If you seed everyone then you break up the crap that will go on in Jackson. You better believe if they can force Ironton and Portsmouth to play each other they will.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

to get where you want to be you are going to have beat some good teams along the way,what does it matter if it is the sectional or district? oh yeah, that's right, bragging rights. bigger stage.
it is a let down if you have a good team and not get out of the sectional. i guess i pretty well answered my own question.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Prime example. Last year ZT is a 6 seed I believe. They barely beat Huntington in OT in the sectional semis. Beat Peebles a 3 seed by 20 in the Final. Beat 2 seed Alex by like 10 in the district semis. Then goes OT with 1 seed NA in the district finals.

Sparky , you hit it on the head , just win baby. Gotta play good teams all the way thru.
Portsmouth should have beaten NA in Waverly.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles vs Oak Hill

I'd take Peebles.

Oak Hill is the defending sate champs....who is going to overlook them.

and Kyle Ondera is proving how valuable he is this year

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

In the Athens sectional Fairland should be a top 4 seed. They just beat Hunt. St. Joe Friday and if I am not mistaken they were the only team to beat Oak Hill this year.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

What's Fairland's record thus far?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

with 3 sectionals in d3, how many teams go to the district from each sectional? and how many teams go the regionals out of athens district?
if three come out of the district where does the fourth team come from?where is the regional being played? is it still at athens? does the d4 still go to the barn in columbus? does the southeast send one or two teams to the regional in d4? i know in the past that some years they sent two and sometimes they sent one.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

3 to regional vs team from east

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

The dragons are 6-5 but there best player broke his hand the first game and played with a soft cast for a few games. The dragons have a very balanced offense with quick guards and a center who can score when he gets the ball down low.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

That's good we'll plug'em in the 4 hole in Athens.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

it appears Eastern Brown is getting no respect....I believe with only 2 L's they would be #2 seed.....however if Piketon continues to win and beat Zanesville I guess they could make an argument, but I have the Streaks at #3, but I'm sure coach Lisath would take the #1 seed if Peebles wanted to give it up...LOL.....TOURNAMENT TIME.....Gotta love it!

Return to “Boys Basketball”