Teams that have never won a league championship

cg 22
JV Team

Re: Teams that have never won a league championship

Post by cg 22 »

I smell bad wrote:Since other sports besides basketball have been discussed on this thread I will give you what I know about Trimble sports. These numbers may not be exact, but they are close. In boys basketball Trimble has been to the regional tournament 6 times, including one time in I think 91 when they beat Southern in the District final. In baseball they have been 5 times, maybe 6 to the regional. In golf they have been to the state twice, maybe 3 times and have sent individuals at least 10 times. In track they have had numerous individuals compete in the state meet. In wrestling they have sent two to the state, and numerous to the district. In girls sports they have had 3 regional appearances in basketball, 2 in softball sent several to the state in track and golf. I believe they have had several qualify for the state cross country meet in boys and girls. They have had one state champion in powerlifting, and he set a state record while winning it. These numbers are I am sure not complete, but this gives an idea about the how Trimble has done since that was brought into question. Along with all the above, Trimble has won numerous TVC championships in the various sports. While others in the Hocking division may have indivdual sports that have done better, none have done better overall than Trimble has. As for the importance of league championships, Trimble expects to win the TVC every year in some sports. When they do not it is considered a bad year. The goals include, TVC championship, doing well in the tournaments, undefeated season in that order.

You better do a little better research before you post, so you can post facts not what you think.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Well if you have facts that dispute what he wrote go ahead and post that on here cg. I am sure smelly won't mind being corrected. ;-) After all he said he might not be exact. :lol:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Smelly you can't count when you and your buds went and watched some other school play in the regions as a trip for your school. I doubt that your school as been there twice in basketball let alone six times. If you want facts look in the back of a program from the regionals, it has all the teams and years. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

cg 22 wrote:Smelly you can't count when you and your buds went and watched some other school play in the regions as a trip for your school. I doubt that your school as been there twice in basketball let alone six times. If you want facts look in the back of a program from the regionals, it has all the teams and years. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Trimble has been to the regional 4 times in boys basketball, and 6 times in baseball. Of course they never almost won the state 30 years ago either. But they have won several TVC championships, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

GrooGruxKing wrote:
They are in the top 10 for school wins in the state. They have the record for the most consecutive sectional titles (23). They have two state tourney appearances. I think that most level headed minds would agree that that is pretty good for a school their size. I would also like to know if another TVC school can say they have done more.

Durn Tootin and we would like to thank the OHSAA for allowing us to count all the wins from Racine as part of Southern even though we acquired a whole new pool of talent when we became Southern. Remember, we got all those athletes from Syracuse that would have gone to Meigs. Those Marauders sure are stupid for giving those kids away.... :lol:

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Heavy D wrote:
cg 22 wrote:Smelly you can't count when you and your buds went and watched some other school play in the regions as a trip for your school. I doubt that your school as been there twice in basketball let alone six times. If you want facts look in the back of a program from the regionals, it has all the teams and years. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Trimble has been to the regional 4 times in boys basketball, and 6 times in baseball. Of course they never almost won the state 30 years ago either. But they have won several TVC championships, which is what this thread is supposed to be about.

How about telling us what years they went those 4 and 6 times, I think you might be lying again but what else is new. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

PerfectionInPurple wrote:
GrooGruxKing wrote:
They are in the top 10 for school wins in the state. They have the record for the most consecutive sectional titles (23). They have two state tourney appearances. I think that most level headed minds would agree that that is pretty good for a school their size. I would also like to know if another TVC school can say they have done more.

Durn Tootin and we would like to thank the OHSAA for allowing us to count all the wins from Racine as part of Southern even though we acquired a whole new pool of talent when we became Southern. Remember, we got all those athletes from Syracuse that would have gone to Meigs. Those Marauders sure are stupid for giving those kids away.... :lol:

All that and you can't even win the weak TVC-Hocking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey 30 years ago you guys almost won it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

M0TIVAT0R wrote:The two Southern's, Racine and Miller have never won a basketball championship in the TVC. Miller has won one in football though, while Racine has not. I would say the reason they haven't won one in basketball is that both are football schools. :mrgreen:

Southern Miller? I thought it was Corning Miller..or Hemlock Miller...something like that.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote:
M0TIVAT0R wrote:The two Southern's, Racine and Miller have never won a basketball championship in the TVC. Miller has won one in football though, while Racine has not. I would say the reason they haven't won one in basketball is that both are football schools. :mrgreen:

Southern Miller? I thought it was Corning Miller..or Hemlock Miller...something like that.

It's Hemlock Miller. :122245

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Yes HD is correct, and I was mistaken. Trimble boys basketball went to the regional 4 times not 6. They went in 83. I thought they went again in 84 but they were beaten in the district final that year. They went again in 92. Greg Holbert was the coach. It was the year they beat Southern at the Convo to advance, and they lost in the regional to state champ Berlin Hiland. They then went twice under coach Scott Gatchel in 98 and 00. I thought they went when Paul Pettit was coaching, but I found out he got beat in the district finals each time they made it. In baseball they have gone 6 times under coach Phil Faires. Not sure of the years but I will ask him this weekend and get back to you on that. Anything else you need to know about? Now for TVC championships, too many to count. :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thanks O&B...i knew it wasnt Southern Miller! lol

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Orange and Brown wrote:
PerfectionInPurple wrote:
GrooGruxKing wrote:

All that and you can't even win the weak TVC-Hocking! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hey 30 years ago you guys almost won it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great post O & B :lol: And you can tell it really eats at them despite what they post on here. Otherwise they would not get on here and post, yea but..., 30 years ago..., we won the sectional in 1988...

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Thanks smelly, I didn't know the exact years but I figured you would find out.

Miller is officailly the Southern Local School District, Perry County. Racine Southern is officially the Southern Local School District, Meigs County. Hence, the two Southerns'. 8)

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

OHSAA refers to Miller as Hemlock Miller..not Southern Miller.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Dundas wrote:OHSAA refers to Miller as Hemlock Miller..not Southern Miller.

Actually, they refer to them as Corning Miller. But next time they come to your school look on their busses. It says, "Southern Local School District, Perry County." They are also commonly referred to as "Southern Local" and "Southern" by people within the educational community in Perry County. When you see them on the school cancellations on the Columbus TV stations they are called Southern Local, under the Perry County schools.

I smell bad
Varsity

Post by I smell bad »

Under the direction of Phil Faires Trimble advanced to the regional tournament in baseball in 97, 98, 99, 00, 06. The other year was in the mid 80's, but Phil was not the coach then.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

We dont get Columbus stations down here in VC..I said before Corning or Hemlock...let me be honest with you, I dont know the history of Miller or every detail about them. We dont see them that much here in VC. I can tell you however than I have never heard them called Southern Miller. 99% of the time its just plain Miller...but who cares...Ill refrain from posting on this thread again so i dont interfere with the rest of the TVC Hocking vs. the Southern Tornades.

G.W.A.
All Conference

Post by G.W.A. »

miller has won the league in basketball, around 1990 i think

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

G.W.A. wrote:miller has won the league in basketball, around 1990 i think

NO WAY??? :lol: :lol:

You mean Miller has won a league title and southern hasn't? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats okay though, because 30 years ago they almost won it all!

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Orange and Brown wrote:
G.W.A. wrote:miller has won the league in basketball, around 1990 i think

NO WAY??? :lol: :lol:

You mean Miller has won a league title and southern hasn't? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats okay though, because 30 years ago they almost won it all!

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”