Division II Southeastern sectional

amazinghocks
JV Team

Re: Division II Southeastern sectional

Post by amazinghocks »

Washington Court House should go to the convo.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly will not get any seeding help from the other coaches. It's stacked against them, even if the beat Oak Hill next Friday. They have played a much tougher schedule than Court House or Hillsboro with some quality wins. The loss to South Webster is really hurting right now even they though they are like 10-1.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Give Court House the one and Waverly will volunteer for the 4. What a setup: Coach vs player. Then we will find out which league is the toughest.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

how many d2 teams has waverly played this year? how many d3 and d4?

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

bman wrote:^ Actually the SE only gets one team to regional. East gets two and Central one. There will be some solid ball in the Convo this district tournament especially.

bman,

Good catch. I had it backwards. The Sectional Winners will have to play two games to come out of the Southeast this year. It is all to confusing for the brilliant minded, so for a simple mind, like me, I need help. East gets two and play each other in the Regional, while Central would play Southeast in the Regional Semi. The Central District has dominated over the years, but I believe that the balance of the power has spread.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Waverly beat Valley twice including once on the road where Valley had not lost for over a year- Valley beats Wash C.H.- that should put Waverly at number one-- with Wash CH schedule they should have a great record.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

bucki4life wrote:Waverly beat Valley twice including once on the road where Valley had not lost for over a year- Valley beats Wash C.H.- that should put Waverly at number one-- with Wash CH schedule they should have a great record.

Agree with this.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I hate the analysis "We beat this team and they beat that team"! Until you actually play the team in question, you have no way of knowing.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That is very true Out of Bounds, but clearly Washington Court House has not played the schedule Waverly has. The one team they have both played, Waverly beat twice and WCH lost to.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly seems to get the short end of the stick in this sectional most years. I think Waverly doesn't get respect IDK if that is because their (conference) schedule is loaded with D-III and D-IV schools. But with all the SCOL schools they will try to pit Waverly against Chillicothe in the sectional final (good luck finding a seat for that one) so that a team from the SCOL can get out of the sectional.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We'll get a preview of Waverly vs Chillicothe on the 16th, after the seeding. If these two teams have to face each other in the sectional maybe they don't show their hand in the regular season meeting?

Is this the way the brackets are set up?

1 vs 8/9 winner
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

1/8/9 vs 4/5 to District
2/7 vs 3/6 to District

Clearly the #1 has a HUGE advantage and right now Waverly is deserving of that spot. It would be a huge case of misjustice should the Tigers beat Oak Hill Friday and at South Webster next week and not get the #1.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i think a couple of major factors in seeding should be strength of schedule as well as overall record. i think good wins and bad losses should be considered just like in college selections for the ncaa tournament. also how well the teams are doing coming down the stretch as teams do get better as the season goes on and this should be taken into consideration. also a team may have started out well and slips toward the end of the season this too should be considered. a quality win late in the season is better than a good win early in the seaon as is a bad loss worse late in the season. to many times the teams record is the only thing taken into consideration. a good example are college teams from a weak conference who get rated high.
how would these teams really do if they had to play a big east, sec, big 12, or big ten schedule? that is what i like about the rpi in college.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd concur with Waverly getting the No. 1 now but if they lose another game or two and WCH still has one loss, then WCH should probably get the No. 1. That's four or more losses for Waverly against one for WCH. However, I think WCH will probably get the top seed unless they drop a couple of games. Strength of schedule doesn't get as much respect as I think it should in some of the draws.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

I got a feeling it'll get ugly at this draw. I'm glad LE is in Logan...lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Waverly will not get Washington Courthouse at Southeastern.Say they get the 4.They will play 5.McClain and then advance to districts.Then at districts the SE 4 plays Logan 1.Meaning a game with Logan Elm at the Convo. Districts- L 1 VS SE 4, SE 2 VS L 3, L2 vs SE 3, SE 1 VS L4

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

http://www.seodab.org/boys_basketball.htm

At districts Logan 1 will play SE 2 and SE 1 will play Logan 2.....that's all

Only 1 team advances to regionals

according to this.....Waverly could play WCH in the scetional

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

This sectional is crazy anyways.....I don't know how to correctly seed it.

Court House is undefeated 8-0 in their league (not a great basketball league but Hillsboro, Madison Plains, Greenfield) are not less than very good road wins. They lost to Valley.

Waverly....better schedule but need to beat Oak Hill in my opinion to warrant any #1 thoughts

Chillicothe....best schedule but not holding off Ironton opens them up for a lower than deserving seed. Beat a great Portsmouth team twice (with their players), beat Warren.....very high upside and great speed and length

Hillsboro....don't forget about 5 of their losses were forfeits, if I was one of the top teams I would be trying to avoid Hillsboro. A lot of talent.

Greenfield.....they are coming on and playing better and are about 9-6 right now with multiple consecutive wins in a row

Jackson.....call me a homer but they are very dangerous Just 6-8 but 2 losses to Warren (led by 11 late but took ill-advised shots and eventually lost in OT), lost to Chilly, Portsmouth twice (in double OT at their place), Ironton. For long stretches in each of those very difficult games were wre very much in it and the other team deserved to win it more. We beat 14-1 Athens 70-44 and if we have the right mix of players in and hitting we are extremely dangerous...if we do not we have losses to Gallipolis, Marietta and nearly Wellston. I don't think we can beat Chillicothe, but Warren and Portsmouth very much could've and we very much could've beat them....so I guess you don't know...but if I'm Jackson I'm trying to avoid Chilly the most. I think Jackson and Greenfield are pretty much even but with different schedules. I believe if you switched their schedules they'd have each others records right now as well....difference being Greenfield has a little more feeling of how to win.

Jackson and Chilly will give Chilly the #2 I believe. Hillsboro and Greenfield will llikely be in the #4/#5 so they would probably rather face WCH since they have faced them twice each.

Right now I would guess:

#1 WCH
#2 Chilly
#3 Waverly
#4 Hillsboro
#5 GM
#6 Jackson
#7 Unioto
#8 MT
#9 Cville
Last edited by Ironman92 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

EasternDspy, you are wrong. Only two advance from Southeastern, not 4 like in previous years.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

you are correct tigers2010 only two go to the district- like i said before Waverly and Chillicothe will either be #1 and #4 or #2 and #3 in some order, in other words the all the coaches from the same league will make sure that one of their own get out of the sectional and they will be sure Waverly and Chilly have to play each other to get out. Travis and Gary better be burning up the phones looking for some votes or they will end up playing each other- which maybe as coaches they are fine with that- but as "a know it all fan" I honestly think they are the two best teams in the sectional and I really feel they could both beat everyone else in the sectional and maybe win a game or two at the convo. Watch them both get upset in the early round games and I will become a "know nothing fan" (I know what most of you are thinking- I already am a "know nothing fan") Tournament time is going to be fun!! Good luck to all the teams, lets just hope whoever makes it over there to the convo they make us all proud!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree with bucki4life. I think Waverly and Chilly are the two best teams in the sectional but they will probably be seeded #2 and #3 so they have to play each other, provided they win their 1st round games.

Waverly can take care of business and hopefully "lock down" the #1 by winning the rest of their games before the draw which includes a HUGE game tomorrow night against once beaten and defending State Champion Oak Hill. A game the Tigers CAN win!

Return to “Boys Basketball”