Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Oak Hill @ South Webster 1.29

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

does Waverly have an off night and is coming to watch the game?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Biggest game at Webster since Burg visited in the 2006 season. I don't know if the crowd Friday night will be that big, but it should be close. Hopefully the Jeeps keep focused and keep playing like they have. If they can match Oak Hill's physical play inside, I think the Jeeps will have a shot. If they get killed on the boards, no chance.*

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

I hope this game is as exciting as most basketball fans are thinking it might be. If both teams bring their best game it could be an entertaining evening in South Webster.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

art_vandelay wrote:Biggest game at Webster since Burg visited in the 2006 season. I don't know if the crowd Friday night will be that big, but it should be close. Hopefully the Jeeps keep focused and keep playing like they have. If they can match Oak Hill's physical play inside, I think the Jeeps will have a shot. If they get killed on the boards, no chance.*

[warning - one or more of the following statements may contain excessive sarcasm. don't get your panties in a knot OH fans]

I was there... maximum occupancy was defiantly exceeded.

anyway, tomorrow night, Scott drops 47, Loop boys combine for 69 points, Sutton throws it down 4 times with 6 1/2 blocks on the side, Wright also gets some playing time... :lol:

Oak Hill might as well stay home ;-)

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

OHHHH YEAAHHHHHH! :aaaaa57

Dont forget to throw in a buzzer beating dunk at the end of each quarter by Ashton Miller, each of which are guaranteed to make the ESPN highlight reel...... :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

All fun & games aside, I REALLY hope this one doesn't get snowed out!!!

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Will be a good one.

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

Oaks by 10.

statingthefacts
Waterboy

Post by statingthefacts »

The oaks will win dis one

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

Should be a good game, however I think the edge goes to Oak Hill. OH has Ondera who can handle the SW pressure and break down their defense like Yates did in the Valley game. OH has the size and strength advantage under the basket as well. They have more experienced players and coaches. On paper, Oak Hill wins, but I guess that is why we play the game. The game is at SW which is a huge advantage for the Jeeps. Always a tough place to play for visiting teams. SW is going to have to play good team defense and hit their shots because they may not get many second ones. The Jeeps are pesky and will make it a dogfight.

This game does have huge league implications. SW cannot lose this game if they want to stay in the hunt. They are probably going to have to beat Oak Hill twice if they want to win it.

I say the Oaks by 8.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Pesky is a very good word to describe South Webster, Oak Hill has shown some dings in the armour, and I wouldn't be shocked to see Webster win, especially after I watched a Minford team (although very early in the season) take them to overtime...now like I said that was a long time ago, and obviously the Oaks have improved, but I do think Oak Hill will lose an Soc 2 game, if not tonight, sometime...however I don't think it will be this one...Oaks by 5

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Post by ChessyFan09 »

Best of luck to the Jeeps. Coach Ater has a great bunch of hard working players and it looks like he's a good fit with their program.Keep up the good work !

_____
Waterboy

Post by _____ »

Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps in this one.. Oak Hill aint even about to come up in our house and beat us. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ..... :twisted:

R u on the team...?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

_____ wrote:
Swanker Pine wrote:Jeeps in this one.. Oak Hill aint even about to come up in our house and beat us. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ..... :twisted:

R u on the team...?

Doesn't have to be. He's a Jeep. We're one huge family!!

live4sport
JV Team

Post by live4sport »

that statement has creepy implications. :122246

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

If you're not a Jeep you will never understand line4sport. :-D

Any chance this game will be on WNXT?

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Gym was packed close to 7 I heard... No idea if it's gonna be on the radio, jeep80... :(

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Don't think it will be. Lisa called me at half time of the JV game and WNXT wasn't there. Doubt they'll wait till the last minute to get there.
I'll tune in anyway to se.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Nope 99.3 has burg and west on it... Wat a letdown :( I'll try to post updates when I receive them thru texts....

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Maybe the biggest game so far of the season and WNXT is at Wheelersburg/West?!?!? :roll:

Sigh....

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

I'm going to watch the Valley Nortwest game and check in for updates...

Return to “Boys Basketball”