2.Chesapeake
3.Ironton
4.Wheelersburg

I will take piketon and Peebles vs anyone from Jackson's sectional

eagles73Taylor
SE

Re: Div.3 Sectionals at Waverly

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Jackson Sectional Teams: Chesapeake (10-3) (12), Dawson Bryant (10-4) (38), Ironton (12-2) (3), Minford (?) (NR), Oak Hill (11-1) (4), Portsmouth (7-5) (10), Portsmouth West (1-9) (NR), Rock Hill (?) (NR), South Point (10-4) (13), Valley (8-4) (20), Wheelersburg (6-6) (32).

Waverly Sectional Teams: Adena (1-14) (NR), Eastern (Sardinia) (9-3) (21), Huntington (8-5) (25), Lynchburg-Clay (6-7) (NR), North Adams (2-11) (43), Northwest (5-5) (24), Paint Valley (5-11) (NR), Peebles (14-0) (2), Piketon (10-5) (14), West Union (1-12) (NR), Westfall (7-10) (NR).

The second set of numbers in parenthesis is the pfloyd rankings. Is the Jackson sectional better, yes top to bottom, but IMO the top 2 or 3 teams from either would be great ball games and we will get to see them in the districts! lol

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

eagles73 wrote:Jackson Sectional Teams: Chesapeake (10-3) (12), Dawson Bryant (10-4) (38), Ironton (12-2) (3), Minford (?) (NR), Oak Hill (11-1) (4), Portsmouth (7-5) (10), Portsmouth West (1-9) (NR), Rock Hill (?) (NR), South Point (10-4) (13), Valley (8-4) (20), Wheelersburg (6-6) (32).

Waverly Sectional Teams: Adena (1-14) (NR), Eastern (Sardinia) (9-3) (21), Huntington (8-5) (25), Lynchburg-Clay (6-7) (NR), North Adams (2-11) (43), Northwest (5-5) (24), Paint Valley (5-11) (NR), Peebles (14-0) (2), Piketon (10-5) (14), West Union (1-12) (NR), Westfall (7-10) (NR).

The second set of numbers in parenthesis is the pfloyd rankings. Is the Jackson sectional better, yes top to bottom, but IMO the top 2 or 3 teams from either would be great ball games and we will get to see them in the districts! lol

Agreed, Jackson has the most overall talent but dont be suprised to see a couple of the Waverly teams making a run. Should make for one of the tightest district tournys in recent years.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Wasn't Zane Trace a #6 seed coming out of Waverly Last year and made it to the District Finals...I like Peebles and Piketon's chances...

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

One thing about it, there is no true power house. Peebles is very talented with Blake and Seaman. Ironton has been impressive, especially being undefeated in the SEOAL which is probably the strongest league in the SE District. Eastern Brown IMO has the best coach in the SHL and plays hard nosed defense and Norm's zone defense at Oak Hill causes tons of problems. Like I said in the DIV post. Let's go I'm ready!

followthru
Waterboy

Post by followthru »

There is a couple of good shooters at Peebles to make the Oak's go Man to Man.

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Zane Trace goes to South Point and gives them a beat down 73-43.

Princess Warrior
Waterboy

Post by Princess Warrior »

I'll take Coach Scarberry's team anyday!

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

Peebles played ZT when they weren't at full strength. Could be a potential great matchup in the tourney. Don't think any of the top seeds in the Waverly schedule should look over anyone. NA is normally a tough out in the tourney. I think Coach Young will have them ready to play more than they have been at any time in the season. They have won 15 Sectionals in the past 17 years. I wouldn't sleep on Lynchburg either. They have some good potential. And Westfall is a dark horse for me if they still have their PG Gibson? He almost willed them past that great Piketon team last year in the district finals.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I wasnt trying to imply that there arent any good teams in Waverly sectional, just saying that it is a weak sectional as a whole. Peebles and Piketon are solid teams. Eastern Brown I am not sold on yet. Other than that, every other team is about .500 or less. And Peebles probably should beat Jackson 4 seed, just saying that I would not like that matchup much if I was a Peebles fan. Valley, Portsmouth, and South Point are all dangerous teams. You know it is a tough sectional when Wheelersburg gets the 7 seed.

No way Wheelersburg gets the 4 seed. They have 8 losses. Two of those losses are to Portsmouth and Valley who are also fighting for the 4 seed.

Districts should be tough and fun to watch though.

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Wow, Zane Trace beats SP by 30! Peebles only beat them by 4 and only beat ZT by 5...

That is scary!!! A win is a win but man I wouldn't want to get put out of the tourney again by ZT, that's still an open wound!!! Hope we don't meet up with down the road but I have faith in my Indians if we do, they are a talented bunch.
Last edited by Chieftan on Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

I said it earlier in this topic, Peebles played ZT when they were not at full strength. Didn't have Haynes, he is their best defender. I wouldn't want to play them again if I were Peebles.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

stephen3108 wrote:I said it earlier in this topic, Peebles played ZT when they were not at full strength. Didn't have Haynes, he is their best defender. I wouldn't want to play them again if I were Peebles.

Hopefully we can avoid them but if it comes to that the Peebles boys will be ready to play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Anyone want to bet North Adams is in the #8/#9 game to possibly face Peebles?

baddog
Riding the Bench

Post by baddog »

Peebles could only wish for that, it would be wonderfull as a indian fan to get a clean sweep against the devils.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That's not the reason it will happen.

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

You're right Ironman, that's not why it will happen. But as an NA fan I think that is our best option. We know Peebles better than any of the other top seeds. We are historically pretty good at Waverly. I think anything could happen in a tourney game there. There have definitely been stranger things happen.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Ironman, Northwest will have that coveted swing vote in this years election. Last time I checked, 5 SVC teams, 5 SHL teams and 1 SOC team. In the past, the SVC has been able to move people around, but not now! lol

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

eagles73 wrote:Ironman, Northwest will have that coveted swing vote in this years election. Last time I checked, 5 SVC teams, 5 SHL teams and 1 SOC team. In the past, the SVC has been able to move people around, but not now! lol

Yeah, they have the swing vote and no help to go with it. Wouldn't suprise me if the SVC ganged up and gave the 5 seed to Westfall forcing Northwest to the 6.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Westfall is projected to have 11 L's by tournament draw, while Northwest will have 8 or 9 at the most. I really don't see the voting going that way, because based on what I've been told, SVC coaches has historically stayed away from each other. I think you will see #4 Huntington vs. #5 Northwest matchup. Do you see Piketon at #2 or #3?

Return to “Boys Basketball”