Oak Hill @ Waverly 2/5e

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Re: Oak Hill @ Waverly 2/5e

Post by The Exciting One »

I catch your drift. Norm is closing in on 600 wins, so I don't think "intimidate" is the right word. Maybe respect is more appropriate. How many close calls did Jordan get late in his career? I would estimate nearly everyone. Why? Because he was a winner and the best at his profession. Did I just answer my own question? Wait....I just asked myself another one! :aaaaa46
For crying out loud he is the National High School Basketball Coach of The Year.

I have seen the Tiger's several times this year and they can play pretty physical also. They have some studs of their own. Should be a great atmosphere and a great game between two awesome teams. Very exciting!

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Referees basing calls on how they feel about coaches. What an inane mindset!

I for one would hope all referees would have more integrity than that. The players deserve better.

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

It happens all the time a bad run in and a ref will keep his eye out for a quick T, umpires, refs guess its pretty natural. And then for a coach who has been around for awhile and knows all the refs might get a little bit more sway in a game if they like him.
Trying to remember if I ever saw Hawhee get t'd up Im sure he did and there will be people on here who can remember but I cant, but I know he got a lot of breathing room and more often or not got his way.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

when norm persin is your coach, you get as many steps as you want.

MoonTang
Waterboy

Post by MoonTang »

I say this all the time, "If the team does what it's supposed to do on the court the refs should NOT even be a factor in the outcome." With that said....Waverly needs to pull-away by at least 12-15 to be safe from the "ref-factor".

Norm is the biggest suck-up coach to the Ohio High School Coaches Association; you see him at ALL the OHHSCA events. He is legendary at what he does best in Southern-Ohio. No disrespect, Norm. But, he's gonna have influence on the stripes.

Hope the SOC assigned the "best" for this one. ..... Just in case, I changed my mind on the donation to Haiti .... gonna give to the National Wildlife Refuge in the name of Zebras. lol

Lets' get through this won safe & healthy for both teams; and, get ready for a nice tourney run.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Waverly by 4..

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

The Exciting One wrote:I catch your drift. Norm is closing in on 600 wins, so I don't think "intimidate" is the right word. Maybe respect is more appropriate. How many close calls did Jordan get late in his career? I would estimate nearly everyone. Why? Because he was a winner and the best at his profession. Did I just answer my own question? Wait....I just asked myself another one! :aaaaa46
For crying out loud he is the National High School Basketball Coach of The Year.

I have seen the Tiger's several times this year and they can play pretty physical also. They have some studs of their own. Should be a great atmosphere and a great game between two awesome teams. Very exciting!

So you do admit that calls go his sway I mean way

Main Man
Freshman Team

Post by Main Man »

Waverly wants to play this and I bet Oak Hill would be ok if it were snowed out. I know Oak Hill isn't skeert ,but as of right now they have the #1 locked up with Ironton on their heels. Waverly needs this win for seeding purposes.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

geez, everyone has already decided the refs are gonna decide this one. Why dont they just meet at center court and flip a coin to decide who wins? That way none of the fans get upset.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

The Refs are just a built in excuse. If the Tiger's win the haters will say the Oaks were over rated, if the Oaks win it will be cause Norm had lunch with the refs and gave them their instructions on how to call the game. I think it's a slap in the face of a pretty darn good Tiger's team. Good Luck to both teams!

the hit king
Freshman Team

Post by the hit king »

I am coocko, coocko for cocoa puffs!!!!! Waverly is the shizzznit, cant keep these Tiggers down! Stormin Normin will be flippin that wanckee harder than a monkey on coconut!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The Exciting One,
The Oaks only beat Waverly by 2 at Oak Hill so I don't think anyone can say Oak Hill is overrated if a good Waverly team beats them at home. They are both good teams. Waverly's only other losses were to Logan Elm (first game of the year) and to South Webster (without Martin). Waverly and Oak Hill are two good ball teams who will be slugging it out Friday night. The only question I have about the officiating is how will they call it. Will they let them play physical or will they call it close to the vest? They have to be consistent throughout the game so the kids know what they can do.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

tjfred wrote:I am coocko, coocko for cocoa puffs!!!!! Waverly is the shizzznit, cant keep these Tiggers down! Stormin Normin will be flippin that wanckee harder than a monkey on coconut!

uhmm wow.. what a freakin idiot! :aaaaa129

tiggers? really..the Oaks will have you bouncin on your tails all night then i guess! :aaaaa24 :aaaaa8 haha i thought your mascot was Tigers? lol we kept em' down once this year we can do it again! GO OAKS!!!!

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

Everyone needs to calm down this game is not going to happen (At least not this Friday)-- snow, snow, and more snow is going to be here Friday. I would like to see the game get played after the tourney draw- it would be good for both teams! As far as the ref's go- who in the freak cares- the refs will not win or lose the game for anyone- if you think going into the game that they can beat you then you are probably going to lose anyway. We should be teaching our student athletes that life is not always fair and part of being a winner is the ability to "overcome" learn to deal with adversity- bad calls happen for both teams- as far as Norm goes he has earned the right to get some of the calls he gets and Travis works the refs just as hard as Norm.

If Oak Hill beats Waverly then they are better because they would have swept the season- if Waverly wins that would make the teams pretty even because they both won on thier home court- I feel the pressure is on Waverly and it will be interesting to see how they handle it. I really don't care about the league as much as everyone else- it would be nice to win it- but i would gladly trade a league title for a good tourney draw and a nice run in the tourney's.

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

bucki4life wrote: As far as the ref's go- who in the freak cares- the refs will not win or lose the game for anyone- if you think going into the game that they can beat you then you are probably going to lose anyway. We should be teaching our student athletes that life is not always fair and part of being a winner is the ability to "overcome" learn to deal with adversity- bad calls happen for both teams- as far as Norm goes he has earned the right to get some of the calls he gets and Travis works the refs just as hard as Norm.

agreed! the oaks ain't goin down till the sun comes up!

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:The Exciting One,
The Oaks only beat Waverly by 2 at Oak Hill so I don't think anyone can say Oak Hill is overrated if a good Waverly team beats them at home. They are both good teams. Waverly's only other losses were to Logan Elm (first game of the year) and to South Webster (without Martin). Waverly and Oak Hill are two good ball teams who will be slugging it out Friday night. The only question I have about the officiating is how will they call it. Will they let them play physical or will they call it close to the vest? They have to be consistent throughout the game so the kids know what they can do.

I agree. That's all any player, coach, and fan wants, is consistency. I think both coaches and teams are good enough to make the necessary adjustments to the officiating. As long as it is truly consistent. Hope the weather holds off for this one. After this game Friday night I will be rooting for the Tigers the rest of the season. I think they have a great team and I don't not know him personally, but I am also a big fan of Travis. He seems to get the most out of his kids and they appear to really enjoy playing for him. And that my friends is what it is all about. Very Exciting!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

By the way, the officials are coming out of the Lancaster region.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

We know.....Norm is at lunch with them now, giving them their last minute instructions. :122246

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

The Exciting One wrote:We know.....Norm is at lunch with them now, giving them their last minute instructions. :122246

Now that's funny right there!

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Oaks by 10, ondera gets 20, slone 15!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”