Eastern Brown vs Peebles

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern Brown vs Peebles

Post by Jayhawks »

TibeManiac10, I think Peebles defense has improved, but they have played some teams with below average guards.I thought they played great in the first half of the Fairfield game.I also thought they played their best half of basketball of the year in the 2nd half against Paint Valley.They got the ball out in transition and that is the key too their game. The Fayettville game was a little shaky! I do feel they are starting too really gel. My pick! Indians by 12-15 points.

TheRock
Waterboy

Post by TheRock »

If they come ready to play as they have of late, PHS should be safe. If they play like they did a few games before the past couple, could be the spoiler.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

the referees could be a factor in this game. if they let em play and not call much, advantage eastern, if they call it tight advantage peebles.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Hope they shake off the rust and show up for this potential championship deciding game.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Like I said, day before a big game, they underperform against weak teams. I like that we had a close one tonight and Eastern had a blowout.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Eastern Brown by 5 (someone has to pick them)
They always say defense wins championships.

Doc Panther
JV Team

Post by Doc Panther »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
Doc Panther wrote:Who's Peebles shooting guard....has lots of D1 looks.

Blake Justice, he has offers from Albany(NY) and Akron as of right now. He is only a junior so I would expect a couple more before he puts on a cap and gown. :122249

I know OU is interested....would be nice if he "went off" at the Convo in front of the Ohio coaches.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Peebles wins by 1 in a nail biter..Great game by both teams.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

any stats?

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

I believe tonight's win means the Indians' magic number is 1 to win the league, correct?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

jchitwood,
i hate to burst your bubble but there is no overall winner in the league since each division does not play the other division twice. peebles is the small school champion and ripley and eastern brown are both still in the running for the big division. to be the overall league champion you would have to play all of the d3 schools a second time from the other division.

Indian man
Riding the Bench

Post by Indian man »

Need two wins Manchester and Fairfield to get the gold ball...

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

both games at home you should be able to pull that off. although i am not sure that a loss before the tournament would be that bad as playing with a zero in that loss column in the tournament makes the bullseye even bigger and the competition gets better each game. although i believe gtown pulled it off in d4 a couple years ago.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Game of the year. Andrew going down in the second quarter was pretty scary, his return to the game really sparked the Indian offense. We had a tie for leading scorer with 21 for both Andrew Seaman and Blake Justice. The Peebles JV got beat pretty badly(21), the 3 gaurds who also play a ton of minutes for varsity could not miss a shot. The Peebles freshmen walked away with a 34-25 victory.

Current Peebles records:
Varsity 17-0
JV 14-3
Freshmen 12-1

Career Points:
Blake Justice 1443(only 41 to go for the record!)
Andrew Seaman 1212

Good luck trying to rap up an undefeated regular season/gold ball next week Indians. WE BELIEVE.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bucknut53
Riding the Bench

Post by bucknut53 »

WHAT A BALLGAME! Congrats to the indians for never stopping,clawing your back and finishing down the stretch. What heart! Almost a repeat from Friday against LC. I thoroughly enjoy watching you young men play!

Thanks from the stands!

hardwoodhero
Waterboy

Post by hardwoodhero »

Well, I have to say my adrenaline is still pumping, even this morning! Bucknut, you are right- WHAT A GAME! SO MANY of the Indians really stepped it up last night and pulled us through to an AMAZING VICTORY! I will say that at the beginning of the game, I don't think the Indians were quite ready for the intensity that Eastern brought to the floor (that week off with no games really messed with them!), but Andy Countryman was huge- on both ends!!! If he had not been on the floor, we would have been beaten by 20! Nate Stephens- STEPPED IT UP, TOO! Rebounding like crazy! I will also say that Seaman coming back in the second half* was game changing! He played hurt, which showed a lot of heart- and that gave the Indians a great boost! Also, Tyler McFarland had a few big baskets that finally put the Indians over the Warriors and another "W" in the win/loss column! I can't wait to see the stat breakdown of this game as A LOT of Indians really contributed to this huge win!!!!! GO INDIANS!!!!!!

*Edited: I accidentally put "quarter" here instead of "half"- correct now!

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

are eastern and ripley tied now for the lead in the big division?

sneaky1
Waterboy

Post by sneaky1 »

Exactly...What a game! Great post hardwood!

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

sparky wrote:jchitwood,
i hate to burst your bubble but there is no overall winner in the league since each division does not play the other division twice. peebles is the small school champion and ripley and eastern brown are both still in the running for the big division. to be the overall league champion you would have to play all of the d3 schools a second time from the other division.

Ripley and Eastern are now tied, yes. And while I know you're right, I've never been comfortable the big/small school division in the SHL...that's why I group the standings together. I like that teams can play out of the league more, but if there is no overall winner, then the Gold Ball is meaningless, or Peebles should have gotten it last year for going undefeated in the small division. So my bubble's not burst, and I'm pointing out that to clinch a combined SHL as the schedule stands, they need to win one more SHL game, right?

luvit
Freshman Team

Post by luvit »

i agree with hardwood countryman played great! way to handle the pressure

Return to “Boys Basketball”