Portsmouth at Gallia Academy 2/12

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Portsmouth at Gallia Academy 2/12

Post by biggdowgg »

Thanks to all those (including gahs4ever and jottings) that took our group on a tour of the new facilities at Gallia Academy HS. You have a terrifice facility for the community to take a tremendous amount of pride in. (I am jealous that GAHS has an auditorium and PHS does not...)

ditto...thanks for the tour,,you have a beautiful school.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Another scary game for our Trojans.......but a WIN is a WIN!!.........it is never easy winning at GAHS.......and last night was just another chapter in that story.

It was Portsmouth's 9th game decided by 6 points or less.......we are 5-4 in those games.......and like in so many games this season, the Trojans had to mount a comeback after trailing by as much as 5-6 points in the first half.

It looked like the Trojans might pull away being up 41-34, but GAHS scored the next 6 points and it was a nailbiter to the very end. Lenny Collins was CLUTCH at the charity stripe with two HUGE free throws, giving PHS a 51-47 lead.

Tory Horne had 21 points......it was the fifth time in the 6 games he has played that he has scored at least 20 points.......he has a 24.3 average thus far.

Nick Mitchell came off the GAHS bench and had a very good game for the Blue Devils, making some very difficult shots and knocking down a couple of 3's.

Good to see Dion McKinley and Tre Underwood do their work in the paint......it gives the Trojans a legitimate double threat down low.

Hopefully Portsmouth's numerous close calls will help them in the tournament.......but it would be nice to see our kids be able to put a team away........not being able to do that could be a fatal flaw in the postseason.

GO TROJANS!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I want to thank Jottings for giving me the grand tour of the brand new Gallia Academy High School.......it is BEAUTIFUL!!.........They brought some things from the old school and included them in the structure of the new facility.......just like Portsmouth High School has........I was very impressed with the AUDITORIUM!!!.......like biggdowgg said, I wish we had one, too..........but I do like our new building........IN FACT,

I was talking to a Gallia Academy school board member after the game and he told me that he and other members of that board took a tour of Portsmouth High School to get some ideas for their new school........that's a high compliment to how impressed people are with our new PHS.

Good to talk to GAHS4ever at the scorer's table.......one of my favorite people that I have met through SEOPS.......and I enjoyed a chat with Coach Osborne and his assistants......that is why that GAHS is one of my favorite places to visit.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Now for Tobias......thanks for the directions from the individual who got LOST on the way to the game.......and stopped at a stop sign GOING BACKWARDS!!.........

If you need directions to a game sometime, just ask Tobias.......you'll get there but he might not!!!.......... :-D

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Bigdowg was with him so that doesnt suprise me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

On second thought, maybe they was using Plumb Trojans, Tom Tom. That thing went crazy on us on ouyr way to Logan. It kept saying turn around now and go back the way you came.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
trojandave wrote:Now for Tobias......thanks for the directions from the individual who got LOST on the way to the game.......and stopped at a stop sign GOING BACKWARDS!!.........

If you need directions to a game sometime, just ask Tobias.......you'll get there but he might not!!!.......... :-D

trojandave tells the best yarns, doesn't he?

:mrgreen:

yeah,but you got to love it,he said you stopped at a stop sign going backwards...

who does that? :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”