Waverly @ Chillicothe / Feb 16

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Waverly @ Chillicothe / Feb 16

Post by soccerfix »

Just told that Chillicothe will not make this game up. So, let's play Huntington Wednesday night. Rick wants to play on our floor and we need to play at least 19 games this year. It's a home game which means concessions and tickets to get in the door. If you need a ref I'm sure Pug is available. I hope Bo Arnett is reading this.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

selective scheduling... What is Chillicothe worried about?
I would not schedule them again.... Let them drive to columbus to play the "big boys".

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Why is it that the State championship coaches don't want to play? I know that Robertson wants to play the game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Roberston wanted to play the game, just as he wanted to play Oak Hill this past Saturday.

I agree with soccerfix, PLAY HUNTINGTON TOMORROW NIGHT.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

soccerfix wrote:Why is it that the State championship coaches don't want to play? I know that Robertson wants to play the game.

Maybe thats why these two coaches have won state championships. They do what is best for their team. You can come down to Chillicothe and look at the trophey if needed.

bengalfan76 wrote:selective scheduling... What is Chillicothe worried about?
I would not schedule them again.... Let them drive to columbus to play the "big boys".

That is fine. We'll let Waverly schedule more division 3 and 4 schools.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

baller3 wrote:
soccerfix wrote:Why is it that the State championship coaches don't want to play? I know that Robertson wants to play the game.

Maybe thats why these two coaches have won state championships. They do what is best for their team. You can come down to Chillicothe and look at the trophey if needed.

bengalfan76 wrote:selective scheduling... What is Chillicothe worried about?

That is fine. We'll let Waverly schedule more division 3 and 4 schools.

baller3,

Your one tough hombre :)!!!!! How is the little baller3 doing?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

baller3,
Waverly has no choice on the schools in their league. Since Robertson became coach he is trying to "beef" up the non league schedule with Chillicothe, Logan Elm and we had Vinton County until this year. I think they were replaced with Chesapeake. While Chesapeake is a D3 school they have a storied b-ball program. We also play Piketon about every year in the Holiday Classic. While they a D3 school they were in the final 4 last year. Yes, many of the schools in our league are D3 but that league has produced 2 State Champions in the past 5 years and many regional teams.

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

Hitch, You know me. I don't like to back down.... I don't get on these sports forums anymore because all I see is a bunch of dumb azzes putting our chilly team down. I don't know if its because of our success, winning a state championship or other reasons that I don't want to get into right now.

I know its a problem in southeast ohio. The last time i checked our cavs are not afraid to play anyone. Waverly is definately a fine ball team and can beat our cavs. We can definately beat them and they know it.

People can get on here and bash my post. I can care less... If only I had a nickel for every chilly bash statement I would be rich.

Little baller is good and workin on his game. He told one of our chilly players that he needs to dribble with his left hand when on the left side of the court. He loves the game and its amazing what he tells me about our games. He thought the kid from Reynoldsburg was going to break the glass after he slammed it on the putback that I thought was goal tending.

I like our draw and I'm glad we are playing U instead of Jackson in that first game. Its almost like we got the 2 seed instead of the 3.

Go Cavs!

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:baller3,
Waverly has no choice on the schools in their league. Since Robertson became coach he is trying to "beef" up the non league schedule with Chillicothe, Logan Elm and we had Vinton County until this year. I think they were replaced with Chesapeake. While Chesapeake is a D3 school they have a storied b-ball program. We also play Piketon about every year in the Holiday Classic. While they a D3 school they were in the final 4 last year. Yes, many of the schools in our league are D3 but that league has produced 2 State Champions in the past 5 years and many regional teams.

I don't have anything against waverly. They have a nice team this year. I'm just tired of the negative posts against chilly. Good luck in the tourney except against our cavs..

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

maybe chilly got that selective scheduling idea from zanesville

baller3
Riding the Bench

Post by baller3 »

blackshooky wrote:maybe chilly got that selective scheduling idea from zanesville

yep thats right. Another great ohio high school program in zville. I definately don't want to be associated with them. lol

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

blackshooky wrote:maybe chilly got that selective scheduling idea from zanesville

blackshooky,

I volunteered to shovel the courts somewhere between Waverly and Chilly. We probably could have played on Divide Hill. I slide down the thing last night (about like the NBA players do when they go to the HOOP).

Face it guys, this game tonight meant absolutely nothing. Travis knows that as well. Other than getting your legs loose, which team would show the other team anything.

And yes, to Baller3 point, us getting Unioto versus Jackson is like getting a 2 seed, simply because we will have played Jackson twice and I would prefer not to face them again. If they shot the basketball well they are very dangerous.

GO CAVS!!!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Finally somebody with LOVE for the Cavs! I'm sick of all the slams and BS being said about our basketball team. These two teams will most likely be playing for the sectional title. So last nights game would've been basically a waste of time! Chillicothe will play anybody,anywhere! Go Cavs!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Travis wanted to play the game, if for no other reason than to stay game fresh, try some different things and get Martin a few points. He is 59 shy of 1,000.
Everyone knows this game means nothing as far as who wins and I don't think anyone really thinks Chillicothe is afraid of Waverly, it has nothing to do with that. I can totally understand not wanting to play this game when these two teams should be hooking up in a week for the sectional title. However, you could play it and get allot of younger kids some varisty game time experience while not showing your hand.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

baller3 wrote:
tigers2010onhuddle wrote:baller3,

I don't have anything against waverly. They have a nice team this year. I'm just tired of the negative posts against chilly. Good luck in the tourney except against our cavs..

I don't read all the posts on here but the only negative things I have read are from your own supporters on the Warren game and the Chillicothe Gazette article that was pretty negative from the writer's view point and the comments your own coach made.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

hitchbone64 - just wanted to check the pulse of the chilly fans. i was referring back to the chilly-zanesville fiasco a few years ago. i know if it was up to you they would be playing ball. good luck in the tournament.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

blackshooky wrote:hitchbone64 - just wanted to check the pulse of the chilly fans. i was referring back to the chilly-zanesville fiasco a few years ago. i know if it was up to you they would be playing ball. good luck in the tournament.

blackshooky,

These Cavs need all the playing time they can get, so we would have played. However, IMO, it would have been more scrimmage style. Heck we had the same thing with Z-Ville last year. We played 6 games in 9 days (including the Waverly game). We lost to Z-Ville on Thursday and then went up to Z-Ville to win the League Championship on Saturday.

IMO, the Zanesville deal is different because it is such a long trip for either team (especially if the game means nothing).

Back to the Tigers vs the Cavs, we both need to take care of business on Tuesday and then see what happens. The Tigers still have hopes in the SOC while the Cavs are out of it with the three losses. We played pretty well against Jackson tonight with a 20 point plus victory. If Jackson shots well and Newsome plays like he did tonight, Waverly will need to bring their A game against Larry the Legend. Cavs probably had their most assists as a team tonight and we defended the perimeter much better than I have seen us.

Here is to both teams taking care of business and see what happens next week.

GO CAVS!!!

Capital Crusader
Waterboy

Post by Capital Crusader »

baller3 wrote:Hitch, You know me. I don't like to back down.... I don't get on these sports forums anymore because all I see is a bunch of dumb azzes putting our chilly team down. I don't know if its because of our success, winning a state championship or other reasons that I don't want to get into right now.

I know its a problem in southeast ohio. The last time i checked our cavs are not afraid to play anyone. Waverly is definately a fine ball team and can beat our cavs. We can definately beat them and they know it.

People can get on here and bash my post. I can care less... If only I had a nickel for every chilly bash statement I would be rich.

Little baller is good and workin on his game. He told one of our chilly players that he needs to dribble with his left hand when on the left side of the court. He loves the game and its amazing what he tells me about our games. He thought the kid from Reynoldsburg was going to break the glass after he slammed it on the putback that I thought was goal tending.

I like our draw and I'm glad we are playing U instead of Jackson in that first game. Its almost like we got the 2 seed instead of the 3.

Go Cavs!

I have never heard of Chillicothe until a friend of mine brought me down to that new store called Menards. Now, I have heard of the Cleveland Cavaliers in NBA basketball.

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Uhh ok crusader????? You must be from up north somewhere because the Cavs of Chillicothe have been one of the top SE teams! If these two teams get to meet up next Friday for a chance to go to the Convo,the game will be a classic! Go Cavs!

Return to “Boys Basketball”