Freshman Team

Re: D-II Official Results

Post by javon white »

How did LE switch sectionals this yr?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

What are Athen's quality wins? Outside of the TVC who did they play?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

As expected, Waverly gets no help in the seeding process. How does Unioto get the 6 over Jackson?

PacJones61
Waterboy

Post by PacJones61 »

idk how unioto got seeded over jackson but hopefully jackson can prove people wrong by beating unioto on the road on tuesday!!!

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

there are some d3 and d4 schools out there as good as or better than some d2's.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

soccerfix wrote:What are Athen's quality wins? Outside of the TVC who did they play?

not sure if you were asking me to answer this question or not but...... i believe athens has played jackson, ga, morgan, greenup co, ky and eastern meigs ooc this year.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Are Division II brackets posted yet?

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

Jottings,
Yes the D-II, D-III and IV brackets are all posted now
http://seodab.org

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Athens's quality wins are Vinton County twice, Greenup County Kentucky, and Eastern Meigs.

Logan Elm's quality wins are Chillicothe, Canal Winchester, and Zane Trace.

Warren's quality win is Chillicothe.

Vinton County's quality wins are John Glenn and Piketon

Sheridan none.

This is the top five seeds, this is my opinion.

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

How can anyone argue against L.E. as the #1 team. They played one of the 3 toughest schedules in SEO (Chillicothe and Piketon were the other two). They have only lost 2 games. They have some quality wins and they are a tough matchup for almost everyone in SEO. Athens is deserving of a 2 but in no way are they more deserving of a 1 than L.E. As for the comments about the SEOAL, I have no idea what that has to do with anything because L.E. is not in the SEOAL. IMO, Warren is a better team than Athens and will prove it in the tourney but it really doesnt matter because the only difference between the 2 and the 3 is what color uni you will be wearing when you play.

As for the S.E. sectional, IMO Waverly is better than WCH but based on record (and the amount of SCOL teams in the sectional) WCH got the 1 seed. It is a shame that Waverly and Chilli will have to play in the sectional because both are good enough to get to the convo and IMO both are better than WCH and Hillsboro. Neither of those teams would be able to compete size AND athlete wise with Waverly or Chilli IMO. Of course these are only my opinions and I could be wrong. IMO the teams reaching the District tourney will be...L.E. , Warren, Chilli, WCH.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

datchillicav wrote:How can anyone argue against L.E. as the #1 team. They played one of the 3 toughest schedules in SEO (Chillicothe and Piketon were the other two). They have only lost 2 games. They have some quality wins and they are a tough matchup for almost everyone in SEO. Athens is deserving of a 2 but in no way are they more deserving of a 1 than L.E. As for the comments about the SEOAL, I have no idea what that has to do with anything because L.E. is not in the SEOAL. IMO, Warren is a better team than Athens and will prove it in the tourney but it really doesnt matter because the only difference between the 2 and the 3 is what color uni you will be wearing when you play.

As for the S.E. sectional, IMO Waverly is better than WCH but based on record (and the amount of SCOL teams in the sectional) WCH got the 1 seed. It is a shame that Waverly and Chilli will have to play in the sectional because both are good enough to get to the convo and IMO both are better than WCH and Hillsboro. Neither of those teams would be able to compete size AND athlete wise with Waverly or Chilli IMO. Of course these are only my opinions and I could be wrong. IMO the teams reaching the District tourney will be...L.E. , Warren, Chilli, WCH.

It also determines which side of the court each schools fans set on..lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I'd also throw in Waverly and Bloom-Carroll, twice, and Teays Valley, twice as nice wins for Logan Elm.

Watch out for Fairfield Union, especially if Feasel can get into shape here.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

With all the talk about who is better, which league is better, yada, yada, yada, I think it will be pretty great if Athens and VC both make it out since no one believes they can beat Logan Elm or Warren. Then Athens and VC could meet for the 3rd time in the District finals. I guess we'll have to wait and see. But don't count out those 2 teams.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

javon white wrote:How did LE switch sectionals this yr?

Ask the SEO district board? Guess LE didn't want to play in the other sectional??

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

According to my buddy at Jackson, two years ago the sectional was held in Wellston, because of Logan's construction of their new school. Logan Elm's closest sectional was Southeastern. Also the Southeastern sectional lost Rock Hill. Logan Elm slid in to take Rock Hill place. Now that Portsmouth Northwest in the Southeastern sectional is gone and Meigs from the Logan sectional is gone creating 18 teams, there had to be nine teams in each sectional. There was, but Logan Elm politic their way back to Logan and had Jackson move to the Southeastern sectional. I guess you can do that when your ex-superintendent is a district board member.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i guess you can count a win over a good d4 win as a quality win when you are limited on other quality wins. shouldn't a strong d2 team beat a d4 team 8 or 9 times out of 10? when you put it on the board it is still a win over a d4 team? again what was athens breakdown against d1, d2, d3, and d4 teams?

Daniel Larusso
Varsity

Post by Daniel Larusso »

sparky wrote:i guess you can count a win over a good d4 win as a quality win when you are limited on other quality wins. shouldn't a strong d2 team beat a d4 team 8 or 9 times out of 10? when you put it on the board it is still a win over a d4 team? again what was athens breakdown against d1, d2, d3, and d4 teams?

Athens Schedule:

Division 1
Logan

Division 2
Vinton County*
Gallia Academy
Jackson
Sheridan
Morgan
Greenup County, KY

Division 3
Wellston*
Alexander*
Nelsonville*
Belpre*
Meigs*

Division 4
Eastern
Trimble

* denotes league game

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Ironman92 wrote:Jackson a #7 seed behind Unioto...OK

We can't beat CHilly..maybe we can beat Waverly

Your coach voted Jackson #7 behind Unioto so he could avoid Chillicothe.
He may have bit off more than he wanted as Waverly is the best team down there. :lol:

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

sparky wrote:i guess you can count a win over a good d4 win as a quality win when you are limited on other quality wins. shouldn't a strong d2 team beat a d4 team 8 or 9 times out of 10? when you put it on the board it is still a win over a d4 team? again what was athens breakdown against d1, d2, d3, and d4 teams?

are you going to tell me that last years oak hill team wouldnt have beat most teams in se ohio regardless of division?

Return to “Boys Basketball”