News just in..

gunit
Freshman Team

Re: News just in..

Post by gunit »

I've never understood why people think we need to be fans of others in the area. :roll:

Most people, including me, do not agree with teams set up like Oak Hill's boys and girls teams. I didn't care when Webster or Oak Hill won state. I also think it's amusing that Burg is struggling with their transfer and I also don't think it is right that Portsmouth has a kid who only shows up to play basketball.

Congratulations on getting picked for the game, maybe you can bully your way with the refs at an all star game :)

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

gunit wrote:I've never understood why people think we need to be fans of others in the area. :roll:

Most people, including me, do not agree with teams set up like Oak Hill's boys and girls teams. I didn't care when Webster or Oak Hill won state. I also think it's amusing that Burg is struggling with their transfer and I also don't think it is right that Portsmouth has a kid who only shows up to play basketball.

Congratulations on getting picked for the game, maybe you can bully your way with the refs at an all star game :)

What is this set up you're talking about? Please enlighten me.

soc2fan
Riding the Bench

Post by soc2fan »

gunit wrote:I've never understood why people think we need to be fans of others in the area. :roll:

the way i see it is if you are a high school kid and you want to further your athletic abilities then do it. i dont really care about transfers and all that hootin and hollerin about staying loyal blah blah blah if your school isnt making any progress and you want to be coached by some of the best in the area and want to play with the best athletes in the area then do it. those kids got state championships,state runners up and state final 4 from it and one heck of an experience and worked there butts off all season just like any other kids do and if i know coach barrick, coach persin, and coach hale right they probably work harder then any school around. they are all high school athletes trying to better themselves and be the best at what they do so i dont see what the problem is. get over it and stop being jealous and stubborn about it! Coach Persin has worked hard just like all the other coaches. the Columbus, Cleveland, and Cincinnati area schools are transferring a whole lot more than anyone around here

jacksonoaks
Freshman Team

Post by jacksonoaks »

G-Unit can you please explain the set up you are talking about?
And you may not realize but most of the time Southeastern or Southern Ohio hardly ever gets much attention when it comes to sports, so when one team goes great and when state or has a great run in the tournment whynot show them support

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

Out of Bounds wrote:
PATTYCAKES wrote:He should be the coach, hes good at coaching hand picked all star teams.

And what you good at?

People can't except that someone from SE Ohio had had a major accomplishment. I've never been a huge Norm Persin fan. His kids play hard and he has been successful. Bottom line that makes him a good coach! Obviously others have noticed it and he is being rewarded. Once again, congratulations Coach!

LOL... Seems like a lot of folks are excepting it. :lol:

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

pfloyd wrote:... great culmination of many, many accomplishments

[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/imagefn9.gif][/img]

Really ??
He was the coach at Chesapeake for 50 years and had some top state ranked teams (based on winning the OVC :roll: ) and never, ever even made it out of Athens. I may be wrong but I don't think he EVER beat Barrick in a tournament game did he? :122246

He's had the HORSES last year and this. THAT'S the difference. Mark my words, he'll retire after this year or next after all his horses are gone.

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... great culmination of many, many accomplishments

[img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/82/imagefn9.gif][/img]

Really ??
He was the coach at Chesapeake for 50 years and had some top state ranked teams (based on winning the OVC :roll: ) and never, ever even made it out of Athens. I may be wrong but I don't think he EVER beat Barrick in a tournament game did he? :122246

He's had the HORSES last year and this. THAT'S the difference. Mark my words, he'll retire after this year or next after all his horses are gone.

:roll: Bags all bags.........

THEREALHILL
Waterboy

Post by THEREALHILL »

What a great honor, congrats Coach, he deserves it, one thing is for sure, noone works harder than Norm!!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Way to go Coach. I'll be there watching you!

datchillicav
JV Team

Post by datchillicav »

Well since everyone on here seems to be a hater, I'll just go ahead and say CONGRATULATIONS. Outstanding honor. He probably did know a few people to get this but who cares. I could know the same people and they wouldn't choose me. lol. Great honor and may he represent SEO well.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Congrats to Norm. What a great honor for a wonderful coach.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

athens78 wrote:If you know the right people you can get a lot of things.

Ignore 78, he just loves to take pot shots at people then disappear! He's still mad because his son didn't get to see the field after he wasn't allowed to coach beyond the Jr. High Level.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

datchillicav wrote:Well since everyone on here seems to be a hater, I'll just go ahead and say CONGRATULATIONS. Outstanding honor. He probably did know a few people to get this but who cares. I could know the same people and they wouldn't choose me. lol. Great honor and may he represent SEO well.

No hate at all from here......just FACTS. :)

Rebels on 3
All State

Post by Rebels on 3 »

What is Norms record?

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:
datchillicav wrote:Well since everyone on here seems to be a hater, I'll just go ahead and say CONGRATULATIONS. Outstanding honor. He probably did know a few people to get this but who cares. I could know the same people and they wouldn't choose me. lol. Great honor and may he represent SEO well.

How old are you 12? Jealousy will get you nowhere in this world.

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Congratulations to Norm.. One of the best!

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

I agree Focus...Coach Persin is a great coach. He's horrible at poker and golf though! :lol:

Congrats Norm!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

rebels on 3 asked about Norm's record - I looked up coaching records on the OHSAA website ... I'm assuming that OHSAA is current (as in records entering this season) ... Coach Norm's record entering this season PLUS this season's record would have him at 589-151 ... if that is not correct WE'LL send the committee of one - me - to C'bus to correct the numbers ...

The Exciting One
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exciting One »

TheMalteseFalcon wrote:

Bag..... :roll:

Return to “Boys Basketball”